Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why I am in love with my Lap-Band

Thanks so much for your replies.

I have phoned the doctors rooms and emailed the dietician whom will be in on Saturday to re send me a copy.

I best clarify i didnt mean eat solid foods there is no way i would risk that especially with this type of surgery. I meant where they say Soup could that be Water thin vegetables and chicken soup as i have that in freezer. But i wont touch it.

Till i hear vack from dietician i will stick to diet jelly, Optifast and broth. Does that sound ok?

Thank you so much ladies i appreciate it. Am kicking myself for losing this paperwork as its not like me to lose things especially something so bloody important!

I started on liquid Vitamins yesterday thats what the dietician told me to do actually its banana mango and orange flavors!

My gas pain is still radiating through my shoulders which is horrid hopefully it goes soon.

Havent used my bowels yet and have taken bowel aids that the hospital sent me home with.

So good to hear from you! It sounds like you are doing everything right. The gas pains are the worst! It just feels like your body is on edge and you can't do anything to fix it. My left shoulder bothered me the worst but don't worry it all goes away soon. So let's talk about exiting stuff. What do you want your goal weight to be? How much do you weigh now and how tall are you? What do you want your clothes size to be! I know we all do it to be healthy but looking better is part of the fun too!

Havent even thought about any goal weight just yet? As long as i feel comfy and healthy that's my main goal.

How long ago were you banded? Did you set goals for yourself?

I was 96kg when the pre op diet started and am now 89kg.

Me too my goal was as long as I felt healthy and my body didn't hurt. I was banded a little over a year and a half. My doctor originally said my goal should be 100 pounds and that would be my final goal of 175. However I've already lost more than that already. I just take it one day at a time. Now I don't know what my goal will be I think I'll be good at 155 but a tone 155. Now I just need to hit the gym and build muscle.

Woo - I love reading these posts. It's such an amazing thing to be able to monitor our own bodies and know when we can and cannot lose weight... when I've had a week in which I've eaten more than I should, I know exactly what I need to do in order to kick-start the weight loss again.

I bow down to the band - she is my great teacher!

hi there

Am off to dietician next week to move onto mushie food stage. in all honesty i feel like i havent had surgery which is great! All medical gas pain has gone and i have had no problems. wish i was having my first fill sooner :)

Patience, dear Bel1995, patience!

I know you are eager to make things happen... trust in the process. I recommend you take it one day at a time, and let your band 'settle'. I didn't have my first fill until 7 weeks after my surgery. I had loads of time to heal up and let my band settle in.

Since then I have had 7 fills. I reached the green zone in October (4 months ago) and have not needed a fill since.

JOY!

Hi everyone

Is it normal to feel like i havent been banded at all? Am 2 days away from solids. Havent had any problems at all with food or drinks :) Actually i am hungry! First fill is in two weeks.

Yes indeed - perfectly normal. When you were banded, your surgeon started you out by placing only the tiniest amount of Fluid in the band to accommodate the swelling at the placement site (at the bottom of your esophagus/top of your stomach).

In a few weeks you will have your first adjustment (for many Bandsters its about 6 weeks post-surgery). By then the majority of the swelling has disappeared, your band has settled into it's new home, and you are ready for some fluid!

To place the band already filled would not allow you to eat, drink or heal properly.

CONGRATULATIONS @@bel1995 - you are on your way! Be patient and trust the process. It took me 7 fills to reach the "green zone" and was worth every bit of my patience. Not rushing the process along bolsters your success!

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am.abit worried if i have stretched my pouch as i have eaten a cup at a time instead of half a cup.

Other than that all is feeling well

If you're not on solids yet, what could you have stretched your pouch with?

I suspect your nutritionist or surgeon would suggest it's a better idea to have a few 1/2 cup servings spaced apart than one bigger 1-cup serving.

Some advice from someone who was where you are just over a year ago - start getting into those new Band-friendly eating habits NOW (ie; the half cup portion size, small bites, eating sloooooowly, stopping eating before you become 'full') ... so that you can really get them ingrained.

Glad to hear you are feeling well!