Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tanning tips?

Okay, I went and bought my minutes today. I didn't have time to start tanning, though. I got three visits (4 min, 9 min, and 11 or 14 min - can't remember).

What's the difference between regular lotion and indoor tanning lotion?

Well, good luck. I hope you don't burn like I always do the first 3-4 times, even with those short sessions. I don't think you have enough time if the wedding is this month, but I hope you prove me wrong!!

Indoor is for the tanning bed sake, some lotions can hurt the acrylic on the bed, oil based is not good for the acrylic. ( I have a tanning bed at home). Ebay is the cheapest place for tanning lotion and I dont think you would like the ones with sizzle not being a full time tanner, it is for someone with a good base tan. Please go slow, the salon will help if you ask start with a few minutes at a time, my husband doesnt listen and I just changed my bulbs and he just jumped his happy butt in there for 20 minutes and he is fried! It takes awhile to get a tan dont expect to be tanned real soon, but I do tan every other day to get started. Good luck!

I went today for my 4-minute session. I used a vertical system, and I like it! It's a little warm in there, but there is a strong fan sucking air through it, which is nice. One of my big objections to the horizontal beds is the sweaty feel that would probably happen, with being right up against the acrylic. I think I am going to go again on Sunday.

I like the stand up beds too, they get your sides better, remember to move your arms around cuz it is not fun to burn under your arms and it is real tender under there. I don't mind the lay down beds sometimes and mine is in my basement and it is a great place for a nap!! It stays cool down there and I have a high powered fan. Good luck with your tanning,I enjoy it , it is something I get to do just for me and I listen to music and get away from it all for 20 minutes.