Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did YOU Start Solids Early???

Did you start on solid food early than recommended?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Did you start on solid food early than recommended?

• No - I stuck to my post op plan rigorously!
    • Yes - I did start early
    • No - I didn't but I thought about it....

Lferland and the other stick to it guys you should be proud of yourselves. Your weight loss is fantastic for such a short time. I did eat solids early and just for susansilvers poll, I was at my first fill yesterday and all 5 of us there started solids early. Shame on us!!!

How was your fill Donna D? - Do you feel restriction now? I go on Monday and can hardly wait! I need some restriction here!!!!

Hi Susansilver...the fill went very well, painless in fact. There were 2 ladies ahead of me who both got 5 cc put in. When they got back to the waiting room they couldn't even sip the Water so I asked Nancy to only put 3 ccs. This morning I could only eat half of my eggs but at lunch I ate a swiss chalet chicken and a salad no problem.. dinner was just a small piece of steak and I was full. I think I have some restriction now but it may still be too early to tell.

You are lucky that you will meet so many people from this site at your appt. No one at my appt even knew about this website. I hope they will come on.

Good luck at your fill and really it is a piece of cake.

Hmmm...im not at that stage but am feeling like starting Puree sooner....did anyone start this stage early?

I did not - I was afraid to rush that stage. I think it is an easier transition form mushies to solids than it is from full fluids to mushies. How much longer to go? Try to hang in there.

No I didn't. I really wouldn't advise it. Give yourself at least 3 weeks before you even think about braving it, even at that you really better watch it. It is all about healing now. They don't set any limits on your liquids so when you feel hungry reach for some cream Soup to fill you or fat and sugar free pudding which was a life saver for me.

hang in there and try to follow the guidelines from one stage to the other. You need to heal and your journey will have few complications if you start off on the right foot. I found spending time on the computer took my mind off my hunger plus exercising will reduce hunger pangs. I dislike exercises so I spent more time on the computer (l0l) Plus someone told me not to worry quantity just quality. I drank/ate the required amounts but more frequently.

<p>GUILTY AS CHARGED!!</p> <p>I started on pureed foods on the 17th of June and today I was so hungry I decided to have a sandwich. Can I say STUPID? I felt the bread lodging and I STUPIDLY decided to drink some Water. I p'ked some of it and I don't even have a restriction yet!!! Well now I now how that feels. After my initial panic attack passed and like a stupid puppy who doesn't know any better, I went back to the rest of my sandwich slowly chewing it and thoroughly enjoying it. I won't be doing that again until I'm off pureed foods....it just ain't worth it and I pray to God I did not do any damage....back to my purees and pudding....I can do it...I only have 9 days to go....by the way did anyone gain weight when starting the pureed stage? I haven't weighed myself but I feel a little bloated...</p>

Well, I decided to weigh in today because I felt so bloated, and I gained 2 lbs. I tried some mushy Indian lentil Soup, and I guess it had weigh too much salt. Now my ankles are a little swollen and my pants are fitting. Everything begin to fit real loose......NOT TODAY!! :thinkI will try drinking A LOT of Water the rest of the evening and tomorrow.

Marcar you have the rest of your life to reach goal. Just relax and enjoy the journey. At your stage, you have to heal. Follow the rules and enjoy the results. Doddie

Marcar - wow - I can't believe you finished the rest of your sandwich after pbing. It really isn't a good idea. You are allowed to eat more than the sheet says but don't try that hanky panky again. Try harder to stick to it at least until the mushie stage girl. We still luv ya.

Hi! In my third week (now) I have started eating solids with no problem at all (I am chewing well and slowly). I'm able to even swallow my honking big diabetic pills and I am now feeling hunger, so the nurse at my clinic said I was ready for my first fill. They say that everyone is different and heals at a different rate. Good luck to all whatever stage you are at!:clap2:

Madcelt

I stuck to the instructions to a T. I didn't want to have the journey start off on the wrong foot. The body needs time to heal and I figured they were the experts and have the experience with what works and what doesn't. If I need help they're there to answer questions based on past experience and their knowledge.

EEks, I am glad I am not alone.

I broke down today and had an egg for Breakfast... I am pre-empting the mushy stage by days only....

then at lunch I had my CREAMED Soup with Protein powder...

Then for supper I had a 1/2 cup of Choc pudding with 1 scoop prot. powder.< /p>

THEN, I ate 3/4 cup of tiny pretzel letters..... chewed really well...

topped it off with some strawberries/low fat cool whip... well chewed again..

Now I am having some tea...

this has been my first BLOW IT...

But, I feel fine... but a tad guilty