Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Choking when I lie down.

Hello to all! Let me tell you of my horror recently. On May 12th I went to bed with nothing to eat or drink before as usual. During the night I woke up choking on stomach acid. It scared me to death! Long story short, I had two unfills, little at a time. Visit my internal medicine doc and my gastro doc. Both said I was to tight. With the reflux, vomitting, etc., my esophgus became very inflammed. For three weeks I could not eat and then drinking became impossible. I suffered from severe burning in my left rib cage, pain in my chest very much like a hear attack. The longer I went taking Protonix, Nexium, Prevacid, Prolesec, Carafate, you name it, I was taking it trying to find relief. After the third week and 17 pounds less, I was able to sum up my feeling. I felt as if I had a virus that was stalled at my waist. Did I fail to mention no bowel movements during that time? Anyway, I began vomitting a black liquid, high fever, etc. FINALLY, they discovered the bottom of my stomach had pertruded up into the band causing a blockage. YES a blockage. I was at the point of death. Had emergency surgery to put all back into place and have been doing great since.

I am not trying to scare anyone but the best advice I can give you to NOT to play around. Go immediately and get under the flourascope and have your band checked and do a complete unfill until the reflux is totally gone. It has been two weeks since my surgery and unfill and I have NOT gained any weight thank God! In my mind, I feel as if I can eat what ever I want and for the most part, I have.

The lesson that I learned the hard way was instead of being a fill freak, if you pb all of the time, you better take heed and get loosened.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches