Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May '06 Bandsters - June Chat

Hi Maysters!

Sorry I have been so MIA lately. Glad to see everyone is doing well with surgeries, grandbabies, etc. So we are all over ayear out now. Seems amazing. Hope this coming year is half as ggod as the last. Maintenance has been a struggle for me so far. Loosing was easier. Sounds crazy, huh? I guess I am an all or nothing kind of guy. I have crept just outside of the maintenance range I set for myself, so I am back at it to get back down to where I feel comfortable. Thanks to Alicia for encouraging me to excercise, I went to the gym for the first time in well over a month this morning. It felt real good. I go for a fill on Friday. We catered in lunch last thurday at work, I was able to scarf down a hamburger patty and a hot dog (without the bread) in about 10 minutes, talk about no restriction:( I will try to keep ya'll updated more often. :welldoneclap:

Thanks for the new thread Neal!

I'm down 3.8 lbs since my fill on 5/22. I have pretty good restriction. Right now, I am just really trying to focus on eating the right things and exercising. I think the main thing I have realized is that it never does get any easier and even though I have my band for accountability it is always going to be a conscious effort on my part not to gain weight.

Anyone have exciting summer plans?

Hey everyone! Thanks, Neal for the the new thread.

I'm in Atlanta for the next two weeks and man is it HOT! It was 45 degrees when I left Wyoming yesterday and when I got off the plane last night at midnight it was 80 degrees here. Oooooh, tooooo hot! It is storming right now, so maybe it will be cooler this evening.

Eating is going to be a challenge this next two weeks because my DD is vegetarian. She eats lots of Protein, just not the way I'm used to eating. Maybe my loss will continue with this type of food. Today I've had a thingy of no fat yogurt for Breakfast and some spinach ravioli for lunch. Both good, both filling, just not what I usually have. But that can be a good thing. If I could lose another 5 lbs. this month, that would be great! Just breaking the 190 mark - where I've been hanging this last week - would be great.

Of course while I'm here, I'm sure I will swim alot, walk alot and go up and down my DD's stairs A LOT! :) So that will help, too.

Well, I'm sure the babies are on the verge of waking up and my DD will have to get up from her nap, too. The babies are just sooooo sweet! And very good too. Not much crying out of those two. Let's see if I can post a picture of them.

Hudson and Sawyer - 2 weeks old.

HudsonandSawyer13days.jpg

Hudson - two weeks old

Hudson14days04.jpg

Sawyer - 2 weeks old

Sawyer13days04.jpg

Ohhhhhhh! The babies are beautiful duckie! Thanks for sharing.... THAT'S really gonna help my baby fever!! :)

I am doing okay here. My knee is doing great, PT twice a week is really making a difference in my mobility and range of motion. I see my doc again in a month and then we discuss getting my skates back on.

My weightloss is at a stand still. In fact I GAINED right after my knee surgery. Yup... I packed on 14 pounds in a week!!! I blame it on Percoset. All I did was lay around and eat...constantly. I had the munchies and stayed in a drug haze for 6 days after my surgery. Not a good idea. Good news is that I have lost 8 of those pounds but that still puts me 6 pounds above my lowest. Dammit! Not being able to excercise is killing me. Sometimes I think I need a fill and other times I PB. I don't know what the answer is. My doc is in Africa until July so I can't call him (not that I probably would) I think once I can get back to skating I will be on the losing side again but I might go crazy in the meantime!!

Take care!

What handsome men those guys are. My DD is almost 17 and I can't wait for her to be old enough to have some grandbabies for me. I have already put my order in for six boys and six girls. But one for each knee would be just great too.

DL glad to hear the knee is improving. Those type injuries seem to take so long to heal.

Well I went to the surgeon and we are just going to leave things alone for now. I weighed this morning and I still haven't gained any and actually lost just a tiny bit. :clap2:

Myra

My parents gave me a gilft cards to buy a couple of new suits as a congrats for my weight loss. Here is a pic of me in one of them:blacksuit2.jpg

u look very nice Neal.

Congrats on your success

those babies are beautiful! I want another one so bad!!! ;)

Drews, I am glad your knee is doing well. You'll have that extra weight off in no time.

I've decided I have to work out at least 4 times a week. My body is just not going to lose anymore if I don't. I tend to gravitate to 175 if I don't work out. My goal is to get in 7 workouts this week. Wish me luck!

Hey everyone, it's been a month since I last checked in. I have been hovering around 200 for the last 6 months. I go up 2 lbs and come down 2 lbs. I find myself eating a lot of sugars. NOT GOOD! I knew that sweets would be my struggle. I did so good without them until the holidays. And it just seems that I can't rid myself of them now.

I'm still biking for exercise, but not like I thought I would. And I haven't walked for exercise in months. I know I need to really refocus on my situation and consider what's going on.

I go back to the Dr on Monday, I hope he has some words of widsom or a magic wand to help me out of the slump I'm in.

Hey Maysters! How is everyone? I hope all is well. I haven't posted on here lately... life has been busy!

Marz - that fluctuating 2 pounds can drive ya crazy can't it? Good luck! How is the family? Did your doc have any words of wisdom about your "slump" Congrats on riding your bike and best of luck beating the sweets, I struggle with that as well.

Myra - Hope everything works out with the slip.

Wow Marci!! What cute babies! Congrats again!

Neil, I must say that you are looking awesome! Is it difficult to maintain?

Drews - Where are ya girlie? I hope you are doing well with your knee post surgery.

Alicia - How is it going girl? How is that last fill treating you? How many cc's do you have now? How exciting, a baby in your future, best of luck!

Anyone heard from Paladin or 3loves? Wonder how the move went.

Catch up guys, I miss ya!

I'm down to 197 now. WOOHOOO!!! I've been plateaued the last couple of weeks, but I think the scales are moving again the last couple of days. I have another fill scheduled at the end of July. Hopefully that one will help me to drop the last 40 or so pounds. Wow, I can't believe I only have 40 pounds to lose. My 36th birthday is July 24th and I'd like to be in the 180's by then. I have a family vacation to the beach in August and a wild and crazy girl's trip to Vegas in October that I've gotta look good for! I WOULD LOVE to be close to goal by Vegas! How awesome would that be?

Hope all is well!

Boy am I glad the week is about over. I worked 8 days in a row and I'm tired of people! Computer problems just acerbated the situation. And I'm sure you all know that when it rains it pours, my BIL was having his roof reshingled and they were taking out the chimney and it fell thought the ceiling. So the entire kitchen ceiling is now on the floor, he asked me to watch his cat (which we did back when the accident with my sister & nieces happened) while they clean and repair the house(just a few days). Ask me where the cat is? We can't find him! He must have snuck out when my husband went outside (just minutes after bringing him in the house). We live about 2 miles across town from my BIL so I hope he finds his way home. Oh yeah, one more thing, just before leaving work I ran to the restroom "to go" and I got a visit from auntie Flo.

I went to the doctor on Monday (lost only 1 lb in a month) and he didnt' adjust my fill. He politely chewed me out for eating the sweets and told me to STOP! I truly needed him to tell me that. I have done quite well so far. I went to the store and bought all kinds of fruit and fresh veggies. I'm really gonna work on doing that which I KNOW I should. If I have to have something sweet, it's going to be fruit. I've come too far to not continue on. Tonight I had about 3 bites of steak and a couple tater tots, a few bites of lettuce salad with grape tomatoes. I was full! I know that when I use my band as I should, it will work for me.

Happy July everyone! How are you doing this month? My weight loss has pretty much stalled completely but I'm pretty happy with myself on most days.