Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't see that coming?!$#@!

I'm just over 6 weeks out from surgery. I thought I would get really sick if I ate too much. I haven't vomited since the day after surgery. I can eat really anything I like, but in very small quantities. Three oz at a time makes me feel exceedingly full. The problem is, that feeling doesn't bother me. It's like an old blanket--somewhat comforting. I am getting between 800 and 1000 calories, but it's sheer willpower doing it. I need to be vigilant that I don't fall back into emotional binging. I have an auto-immune issue with fatigue, so whenever I get into one of those ruts, I tend to want to eat to create energy. It never works, but it's instinct, I suppose.

I can't tolerate smells food or other

Protein powder smell is the worst

Hormonal changes and periods immediately after surgery

Low frustration threshold

Energy level has improved but exhausted every day

Up and down numbers on scale at home - I have to put it away and stop obsessing about it

Blessedly no complications or vomiting since surgery

Need more fluids, setting timer for when I can drink after a meal or I forget

Things I didn't see coming:

-being so emotional!

-Water tasting strange

-smells bothering me/ things smelling weird

-becoming nauseous with Vitamins

Those are mine too. Plus incredibly weird stomach noises. last night it barked at me. Even startled the dog.

@aandisuewho it was as if my story on your post!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches