Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else addicted to this show? Ever since my surgery I can't stop watching it!

Yes I totally am!!

Pre-op and post -op!!

@@JamieLogical .. Hi Jamie.. I agree with you. If these people are getting any education on their disease and/or surgery/nutrition, they are not showing it to us. Or, as you said, maybe they are ignoring it. It's so weird to me they are not required to do therapy/support groups/nutrition classes. They obviously need it.

.. They are sort of just left out on an island all alone to figure it out for themselves. At least, that is the way the show makes it look.

Im glad ive watched this show and witnessed the penny and pauline antics before my own surgery. Now I know how not to act and think!

I agree that people do not seem to get the kind of intruction they need, at least in this season - the only one I've watched. Also, I think the dr is a little lenient in doing surgery on people that clearly have not been in pre op compliance. Though probably he's denied some and we just haven't seen it.

Its hard to be a human.

I am addicted to this. I watched the Pauline's story and it was making me so mad!

On one of the shows, I think the 600 lb life, a man had to lose a lot of weight before surgery and they put some kind of balloon in his stomach and it worked. Then when he was at a good weight, he had the surgery. Great Shows!!!!!

On one of the shows, I think the 600 lb life, a man had to lose a lot of weight before surgery and they put some kind of balloon in his stomach and it worked. Then when he was at a good weight, he had the surgery. Great Shows!!!!!

They've done that a few time on Fat Doctors, so I think that's what you are talking about. The gastric balloons haven't been FDA approved in the US, as far as I know.

my cousin is a patient of Dr. Now. They have to go to classes and some other nut instruction classes. You just don't see it cause you can only fit so much in an hr or rather 44 min show. You want to see the results not just that stuff. My cousin was 450 lbs and after surgery is currently 195 lbs. Lets just admit that if you are of such a high weight you have some serious food addiction and the Dr. can only do so much. he is not lenient on the surgery requirements but the post op you don't want to walk or watch your food intake then that is on you. He gives you the tools along with the nut you have to work it. I love that show but sometimes it makes me crazy.

my cousin is a patient of Dr. Now. They have to go to classes and some other nut instruction classes. You just don't see it cause you can only fit so much in an hr or rather 44 min show. You want to see the results not just that stuff. My cousin was 450 lbs and after surgery is currently 195 lbs. Lets just admit that if you are of such a high weight you have some serious food addiction and the Dr. can only do so much. he is not lenient on the surgery requirements but the post op you don't want to walk or watch your food intake then that is on you. He gives you the tools along with the nut you have to work it. I love that show but sometimes it makes me crazy.

I suspected as much. He seems like a competent doctor and he makes it pretty clear when he is unhappy with a patient's non-compliance. I remember him even talking with a patient and confirming that she had the packet with all the nutritional info in it before discharging the hospital, then once she was actually home she complained that she hadn't received proper instruction. I could tell she was just using it as an excuse, because they had her ON CAMERA acknowledging that she HAD received the information.