Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much saline did it take to reach your "sweet spot" in your 4cc band?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How much saline did it take to reach your "sweet spot" in your 4cc band?

How about 5.8cc. Has anyone received MORE than 4cc in their 4cc band besides me? My doc is not concerned, but I am. Let me know if there is anyone out there in my situation please. I had my last fill 1 week ago. The only problem I'm having since then is reflux a night. Other than that I'm eating and drinking guardedly just fine. This is the first time ever I've been woken up with gastric Fluid coming up in my throat several times a night. Zantac helps with the acid part of it, but I don't like this at all.

Thanks,

Freeradical

banded 7/7/06

You gotta really watch how late your eating. This is what stops the reflux for me. I know exactly what your talking about and its not fun at all. It's also dangerous. For me I try not to eat past 8 pm then no issues

Hi guys:

I have been reading this site for some time and still can't seem to get this right.

Okay, my first question is the restriction. Is that when you eat and a minute later, you feel something forcing to pass through in the chest area?

I feel this sensation (not nice), but it's discomfort not fullness. I read where bandsters state they can eat one cup of food and that's all. I can eat the wrong thing and feel the sensation in two mouthfuls, but that is not fullness, its pain, pbing. etc.. so I stop and wait, but I am not full, just don't want to feel that feeling again.

I want to understand the sweet spot, I have used the term in wanting to reach it, but I am no longer sure of what I am striving for.

If the food feels like is keeps passing through the band, although uncomfortably is that what I am supposed to feel or is the band still too loose?

I was of the understanding that the pouch fills and then I stop eating and then things pass as they digest, not discomfort and then hunger.

As many have shared, I love food, I am a texture eater. I move from sweet to spicy and during my cycle....I'm out of control. The other day, I wanted White Castles, why I do not know. Anyway, I ordered five cheeseburgers and finished them. They went down easily. Now that does not sound right....and before anyone comments on why I ordered five, the band is around my stomach, not my mind.

I supposedly have 1 cc in the band. I say that because 1.5 ccs were put in the band in July and when the doctor checked before the second fill, there was barely .25 ccs. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Can somebody start a poll for how much fill is in a 10ccband like the 4cc band poll just trying to see where I'm at I currently have 4cc.not much retriction does this sound close thanks terry.

I actually haven't had to have a fill yet.....I am not sure that I am at that "sweet spot".....that term still confuses me too. I do get very full with about a cup and a half of food though....I'm loving it. My surgeon didn't want to give me a fill since I have already lost 45 pounds in three and a half months without one.....he says that I can just get one when I start feeling like I need it.

serinity I hear your frustration I was banded June 15 and have had one fill, I eat "normal" I dont feel restricted and I dont have any food intolerances occasionally I swallow before chewing good and get that stuck feeling. I am looking forward to monday thats my appointment for my second fill. I have been reading through and I think that it's clear that everyone is so much different. I havent eaten 5 burgers but I have eaten pizza, chinese, all the bad spots that I was hoping not to crave anymore. What I do however is try. I try to order a better choice like we stopped at BK and my daughter just wanted fries so we got the whopper jr meal, I ate the sandwich and she had the fries, I opted for no cheese. Just little things at least it's better than were I was. I have lost 21 pounds not great but not bad. hang in there and keep your eyes focused on the prize, a longer healthier life! Good luck everyone.

I actually feel that I have already come to my sweet spot with the band after the first fill. I haven't weighed in a while, but since my fill I have been able to eat smallish but reasonable portions of food with good chewing, and I feel pleasantly full. I am very happy with the outcome, and though I know the loss will be gradual I am still stoked about it. I never wanted to 'diet' and at this rate, I'll never have to.

--->:whoo:very, very happy here

The sweet spot is when you get full from solid Protein, like chicken, not something mushy and stay full for about 3-4 hours. They say that takes about 1/2 to 1 cup of food.

What you are feeling is food getting stuck, not fullness. You need to chew until there is nothing left to chew, take pea sized bites, and then you won't get that uncomfortable stuck feeling.