Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cramp pain

Hello, had my surgery 02/03 and lucky me (not), I was on my period during my hospital stay (but no cramps bc of the pain meds). Not sure how I survived the pre-op diet and PMS but anyway... My period should come again early next month and now that I can't take ibuprofen for the pain I'm wondering what do you all take? Thanks!

Edited by Taylorla

I just made sure I took the prescribed pain med on time more so for cramping than the actual surgery! Hope u feel better soon.

Taylorla,

Like Countrygirl said, take Tylenol or use the prescription painkiller they gave u for your surgery. Drink the hot tea u can... This worked for me. I know it's scary not to have the "go to" ibuprophen, but u will get through this bump, too. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• demayome

Day 3 of Liver shrinking diet. 11 days to go. Come on 31JUL. Trying not to get impatient
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

💜STAY STRONG💜

• Krestel

OMG! I dreamt of cake!!
      As of late, my dreams have been food obsessed. Last night I dreamed of gorging on good old American sheet cake with chocolate frosting. There was white frosting as well. Good thing we can't get that in Sweden! I just hope that I haven't become too engrossed in food. BUT they are only dreams after all.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

3 days post op and I want to go to the movies to see The Lion King... #slowdown
      · 13 replies
      1. Krestel

Awww

2. VANILLASUCKS

I went 5 days post op to the movies :)

3. GreenTealael

Awww man i could have broken a record 😂

4. elcee

I’m going later today with my hubby and daughter

5. GreenTealael

I hope its amazing !

6. View All Replies
    • allwet

https://www.cell.com/cell-reports/fulltext/S2211-1247(19)30834-4
      this one is interesting but a tough slog to get thru
      this review is easier to understand
      https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/07/weight-loss-rage-proteins/594073/
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

It will be interesting to watch as this theory develops. Thanks for posting!

• Jobber

Feel like it's time for a status update, I haven't been on here regularly in a while and I need to keep my mindset focused on my goals.
      I haven't weighed myself in ~ 3 weeks.  I think I'm becoming the opposite of "obsessive" about tracking my progress and it could cause me some issues.  The good thing is that there have still been quite a number of NSV's happening that is telling me that I'm still progressing without knowing what the scale says.
      First one is that a belt I bought about 5 weeks ago because all my other belts were too big is also on the last hole so I'll have to buy yet another belt again.  second, I bought new jeans about a month ago and I have a lot more slack in the waist than I did when I purchased them.  I also boarded a plane and had about 8 inches of slack in the belt.  Finally, I hit my goal last week of being able to ride go-carts with my kids.  The last time I tried about 4 years ago, I had to leave because I couldn't fit in the harness.  This was sweet victory and I showed those two how it was done on the race course!!  😈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Congrats!!!

• Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs