Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 years out and think my gallbladder may be shot!

Coming up on 2 years and this past weekend been having pain whenever I eat more than a tiny bit. Almost like being 4 weeks out again! Had a bit of what I think was glad bladder attack Friday night and since avoiding fatty (and most foods actually) since then. About 3 months ago I had a gallbladder attack and cut back greatly on eggs and cheese. So been much better and did not seek any medical attention at time. But today I woke up to orange urine! That's a new symptom. I went to urgent care and no infection but urine has bilirubin in it so doctor says I probably do have gall stones. I am going to call my surgeon tomorrow and will probably need an ultra sound. In any case no pain as long as I eat very little and avoid fats. Trying to keep up liquids. Who knows maybe this is a good lesson to me because at two years my portions were getting too generous and now am forced back to bird sizes.

So I am not complaining but just wondering if this happened to others after so long out. During first 6 months I was on urisol to avoid stones. But I guess I may have some now.

I can't offer any wisdom or advice, but please do let us know what happens with your ultrasound.

I had my gall bladder removed at exactly one year out. But my first attack started about 4 months out. I kept going to the er and they were treating me for gerd. Finally on my third visit the dr had the sense to do an ultrasound and discovered the stones. They admitted me that night. It is very painful but I have had no trouble since it's been removed. That was 6 months ago.

I had mine out 23 months after surgery. My pain was back pain that I thought was muscular, until I realized I had creeped up to eating tums on and off all day due to indigestion. Went to primary Dr., she ordered an ultrasound where gallstones were confirmed. I then had the gallbladder function scan that showed I was 90% blocked and my first gallbladder attack (front abdomen pain that felt like labor pain) that night. Surgery was 4 days later, I didn't realize how bad I had felt until it was removed. Surgeon said my color in recovery room was 100% better than pre-op, I felt better as soon as I woke up.

I as so sorry you are in pain. Take it from me, it is more painful than having a baby naturally.

Losing weight is only the first step in getting our health back. Body cleansing is also important due to years of eating the wrong kinds of food.

There are tons of information about flushing the gallbladder and liver through a cleanses. It may help your pain and aid in ridding your body of those stones.i know many people want to avoid surgery.

This book is a treasure and a must read for everyone. I just so happen to find it on line, but you can buy it also on Amazon.

http://www.truthkeeperz.com/andreas.moritz.-.the.amazing.liver.cleanse.pdf

http://www.sensiblehealth.com - timeless information which has helped many regain their health.

http://www.drclark.net/en/famous-liver-cleanse - this site has information on doing several cleanses.

Edited by Sweet Pee

I had a patient come through my ICU recently that was nearly 4 years out, and her gallbladder had decided it was 'done' rather spectacularly, while she and her husband were on a cruise to renew their wedding vows. I have seen literature where post-op gallbladder complications can arise as far as a decade postop. Remember, the sleeve as a standalone procedure is still relatively 'new' in this country, we're still learning :D