Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got banded in Springfield MO??

I called Aetna this morning to see how they're doing on the approval and was told they denied it on Friday. The man I spoke with told me they didn't receive the doctors notes or any of my medical records. I called Mary and she got in touch with them. She'd faxed them 76 pages worth of notes and records and the person she spoke with confirmed they got them. It turns out all that's missing was 2 pages of doctors notes, so she refaxed them.

So it's back to waiting. :angry:

Hi everyone. Looking forward to getting banded real soon. Started this process April of '07, and Mary says were just about there...FINALLY!!!!

Hi Kimberly, Klkirk, and Lauren87,

Kimberly and Klkirk thanks for telling me to get in touch with Mary. I don't think that is the gal I have talked to so far with on the phone. I actually got a seminar set up finally after actually missing the one if Feb. I was so ticked at myself.:cursing: The lady called yesterday actually letting me know there will be

informative sessions this month one on Saturday, March 8 at 10:00 a.m. on the fourth floor in Room 4A. Is this room pretty easy to find? I will be coming from Joplin. I know it is in the St. John's Surgical Center at the corner of National and Seminole.

They are having another informative session much later in the month of March, but I decided on the earlier one. I figured hubby and I would come up and make a day of it. I sew and was wondering where your fabric shops are at? I know you have a Hancocks close to the mall, but I wasn't sure if you had anymore?

Lauren87 it is nice to meet you on the board. I am hoping to make a couple of support meetings before surgery if I get approved. Maybe I should check out the insurance thread and see if anyone knows much about my insurance there. :thumbup: I just haven't had much luck with insurance issues in my life, so I just am not real optimistic. Anyone else feel that way?

I wondered if anyone had a suggestion on which threads my be the most helpful to start out with right off the bat? There are so many of them. I see there are some topics about complications, insurance and ages. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Michelle Denise

Michelle - If it isn't too late, there is a great fabric store on the corner of Fremont and Sunshine - really close to Dr. E's office. It is called the FM store. It looks like a dirty little place, but they have great fabric...and inexpensive too.

I got a letter in the mail today from United Health Care (which is a Cox insurance) saying that I was approved for surgery through Dr. Edwards as In network. YAY!!! So i am going to call Mary tomorrow and schedule my last appointment with Dr. Edwards!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO excited!!!:blink:

Maziemommy- What were you doing up in the moiddle of the night?

I was up at the same time. I had to catch a flight to Dallas. I was suppose to leave yesterday around 5pm but all flights were cancelled going to Dallas. I got her this morning and I missed the first 1.5 hours of training. I did not have to get a seat belt extender so that was Great! I hope everyone has a Great Weekend.

Good Bye from Dallas!

Hollygurl - Congratulations!

Maziemommy- What were you doing up in the moiddle of the night?

I was up at the same time. I had to catch a flight to Dallas. I was suppose to leave yesterday around 5pm but all flights were cancelled going to Dallas. I got her this morning and I missed the first 1.5 hours of training. I did not have to get a seat belt extender so that was Great! I hope everyone has a Great Weekend.

Good Bye from Dallas!

Hollygurl - Congratulations!

Hi Princess- How are you doing?... and waiting for a fill?

Up Late-------------------

2 reasons really....

#1.. Mazie is now "2", and is sleeping with me since the separation, and

#2.. I have had insomnia since before I was school aged.

I am once again being told that if I'm awake more than an hour, I should get up - just until I feel sleepy again. hahahahahaha Last night I woke at 2 am.. got up at3 am. Took a shower at 5 am and Mazie got up at 5:30am (Friday).... so now it's 3:45 am next morning (Saturday) and I'm thinking of going to bed soon! lol

I hope everyone else is resting better than I do! :tea:

did anyone's insurance pay for the band? If so... How much did they pay for and what was your total cost out of pocket? For self pay.... After all the appointments (right before scheduling surgery) how much did u have to pay?? Thanks guys!!!

Many peoples insurance pays for it..... But, I think my self pay, after appointments, may have been about $14,000.00... Don't quote me on that.. I don't really remember, as I was doing two real estate deals at the same time(with in two weeks). Sorry I can't help more than that.

I do know that "Mary" is the one at doc Edwards' office that can help with insurance...

Example: My Mom's would be free with her insurance- because her deduct... has been paid. Some co-pay 10-20%?

Good luck... keep us posted.

:thumbup::biggrin2: I am soooo happy. Feel like I am on cloud nine!

Got a call yesterday! My 2nd appt with Dr. Edwards is scheduled for

Thursday the 13th..

Mary said that he will give me a surgery date then! WHOO HOOO.

As I stated earlier, this has been a year now. Darn insurance company, and real skinny doctor who suggested ww, or Jenny Craig. She has No concept of weight loss:rolleyes: ANYWAY, I am going to go to a new Dr. after surgery is over and things are calmed down.

FINALLY...told my hubby I don't think I will believe it until AFTER I finally have it lol.

Take care all:regular_smile:

PS how do you get the diet ticker. I know the site but don't know where to paste it Thanks all