Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

who supports right to choose

Are you Pro Life  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you Pro Life

• for Pro Life
    • for pro choice
    • pro choice only for extreme cases ie Mothers in danger of death

Hon, you link enough for the both of us.

And I rest my case because I can.

In other words, hon, there are no data to support your position.

You won. You have posted the highest number of links to more conservative right wing internet sources than anyone else. Very impressive.

I couldn't begin to compete with you on link ups so you win. Keep up the miraculous and dazzling work that you do here. I know I am impressed with the sheer volume of stuff that you dig up. I am sure everyone else is too. You'll forgive me if I don't share your love for cutting, pasting and linking, won't you?

You won. You have posted the highest number of links to more conservative right wing internet sources than anyone else. Very impressive.

I couldn't begin to compete with you on link ups so you win. Keep up the miraculous and dazzling work that you do here. I know I am impressed with the sheer volume of stuff that you dig up. I am sure everyone else is too. You'll forgive me if I don't share your love for cutting, pasting and linking, won't you?

(an hour and a half later . . .)

In other words, hon, there are no data to support your position.

Gadget and BJean, this thread seems to be turning into a personal fighting ground for the two of you. It was kindly suggested a few pages back that the personal attacks need to stop. Please, take that suggestion or I will lock this thread.

We attack ideas, not people.

You, of all people, know better than that. If I wanted to find stuff to backup my statements, I could certainly do that.

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but pages of imported data and links to blogs and web addresses just are not important to me at LBT. That's one reason, although not the only reason, that I have no interest in reading yours.

Hey I already said you won. Why are you still trying to insult me? Just because you can, right? :blushing:

Sorry Susan. I posted mine before I read yours.

Frankly if I thought it would lock this thread down if I insulted someone big time, I'd probably do it. :blushing:

Seriously, you are absolutely right. This has become personal and that is downright ridiculous. I was trying my best to keep the peace, but I have found that it is impossible.

Thanks for intervening, Susan. It's been a stupid day for all of us here on this thread. I promise to go away.

You, of all people, know better than that. If I wanted to find stuff to backup my statements, I could certainly do that.

I don't know better than that. I've never seen any data to back up what you're claiming. I've seen opinions, but never data. I don't believe it exists. I didn't believe it existed before today, and now more than ever I don't believe it exists. I am very open to looking at whatever data, studies, and statistics there are on the subject, but I just don't believe they're there.

Gadget and BJean, this thread seems to be turning into a personal fighting ground for the two of you. It was kindly suggested a few pages back that the personal attacks need to stop. Please, take that suggestion or I will lock this thread.

We attack ideas, not people.

I apologize for retaliating to BJean's addressing me as "hon" by also responding to her twice as "hon", sarcastically.

It's time to put this puppy to rest, I think we can all agree on two things.

The two sides of the abortion issue are very far apart and abortion is legal.

Based on point two I think it's time to debate something else. I know how about Gun control!!!!

396, I can't speak for the other women on this board but I would not have a man dictating to me about my choices in this regard.

How on earth did I come across this? :blushing:

Anyway, I am a woman, and mother and frankly I think the power is given to men when we have abortions. If you research 'regrets' with regard to abortion it is overwhelmingly the woman who suffers from this. So if you want to take a new age feminism approach to all this you may want to consider that it is very easy for the man to get away with much when abortion is the choice. No regrets, no changes to the body, no obligations... zip zelch nadda

I think women are cheapened when they do not allow the man to voice his opinion in this matter. We are a being of such high intelligence yet we kill our young. Women get it together we are given so much yet we ask so little of ourselves.

In case you didn't know there are 4,000 abortions a day. Maybe someone who could have cured obesity was one of the million who are now dead. Just a thought...

In case you didn't know there are 4,000 abortions a day. Maybe someone who could have cured obesity was one of the million who are now dead. Just a thought...

And maybe the person that would have become the next Hitler, Stalin, or Hussein was one. That's just as likely as a researcher that could have cured cancer or AIDS or obesity.

And maybe the person that would have become the next Hitler, Stalin, or Hussein was one.

Are you saying that abortion is a good thing because 'just in case' it may eliminate the next Hitler? Following that logic, then genocides or holocausts are also a good thing because they too eliminate possible Hitlers?

I've not heard that logic from a pro-abortionist yet, but I rarely visit boards that argue this because most people are very hostile on those message boards. So I may just be out of the loop on this.

BTW, do abortionists believe it is killing or not, or what is it?

Are you saying that abortion is a good thing because 'just in case' it may eliminate the next Hitler? Following that logic, then genocides or holocausts are also a good thing because they too eliminate possible Hitlers?

I've not heard that logic from a pro-abortionist yet, but I rarely visit boards that argue this because most people are very hostile on those message boards. So I may just be out of the loop on this.

BTW, do abortionists believe it is killing or not, or what is it?

No, I'm not, and I'm not sure how you got that. My point is that it's useless to apply "might have, could have, should have, would have" to abortion, because we DON'T KNOW. Yeah, an aborted fetus might have grown up to cure some disease. It also might have grown up to be a serial killer or rapist. It's an equal possibility.

Anyway, I am a woman, and mother and frankly I think the power is given to men when we have abortions. If you research 'regrets' with regard to abortion it is overwhelmingly the woman who suffers from this. So if you want to take a new age feminism approach to all this you may want to consider that it is very easy for the man to get away with much when abortion is the choice. No regrets, no changes to the body, no obligations... zip zelch nadda

I think women are cheapened when they do not allow the man to voice his opinion in this matter. We are a being of such high intelligence yet we kill our young. Women get it together we are given so much yet we ask so little of ourselves.

I agree, BandedMom. We do women such a disservice when we tell them the best way to handle their unexpected motherhood is to kill their children. We can do so much better than that. Are you familiar with the group "Feminists for Life"? Feminists for Life - Women Deserve Better

In case you didn't know there are 4,000 abortions a day. Maybe someone who could have cured obesity was one of the million who are now dead.

How funny that you mention this. I was literally discussing this same topic with my husband last night. Our homeschool curriculum is covering inventors, and I asked my dh if he thought if Einstein hadn't been born, would we have another Einstein, or would everything he discovered & researched have taken years and years longer to progress -- or not happened at all?

The argument that by aborting children we are equally killing off geniuses as well as evil people doesn't hold Water, because we have laws in place to control evil. We don't have any mechanism to breed genius.

Here we go with the what if's again, Einstein was born and that is all that matters. Once again as my Father used to say "If my aunt had balls......."

Abortion is legal, that's it that's all