Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Hamada Japanese restaraunt

I need help! Lol I am 5 weeks out from getting my RNY. Thankfully, I have had no problems. However, I'm venturing out with a few of my girls this weekend for the first time since November and we are going to a Japanese restaraunt. I am on an unrestricted diet so I can eat freely yet wisely. I'm excited yet terrified. I'm thinking about getting chicken or seafood. What do yall think of tempura? Or white rice? I haven't tried any rice due to reading disaster stories here. I'm afraid of rice but I feel like a night out with my friends once every two or three months shouldn't be an issue. What if I tried the rice? Am I overthinking this? I've done so well! I'm not worried about going carb crazy because I'm so focused. I dropped over 40 pounds my first month. I just want to finally enjoy myself. I deserve it. Thoughts?

Tempura is a deep fried seafood or piece of chicken with lots of breaking on it. If you do rice do a small portion maybe?

I actually went to Benihana with my family when I was about 6 weeks out myself. I went for chicken because I know my pouch tolerates it very well. Of course they always give you those couple of shrimp as an appetizer as well so I tried a piece knowing by the time my chicken and vegetables came I would be full.

My husband ordered the hibachi fried rice and I did taste a forkful of that as well. The issue with rice is that it fills your pouch fast and does not last long which could make you hungry again in short order.

It is best to stick with the Protein and vegetables to ensure you get your Protein in, but it won't hurt to try a very small bite of rice.

I personally would not touch the tempura out in a restaurant until you have some idea of how your stomach reacts. It would be bad to ruin your night by getting sick.

By the way, I had so much food leftover that I took it home and vacumn sealed it into small portions. Then when I wanted a nice lunch or dinner I pop them into boiling Water for a few minutes to warm it up. It stays moist and tasty!

Good luck and have a great time out!

You are welcome! I hope you have a fantastic night out!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches