Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those that have had the revision surgery.....

Swampdoggie-thanks for asking. I'm feeling good. The pain isn't too bad. We've been getting so much snow that I've been cooped up in the house all week. I take my dog outside when I can but don't feel strong enough to stand for a long period of time. I do get some acid reflux - have been taking tums. While I'm cooped up I've been constantly on my tablet reading the posts on Bariatric Pal. It seems like the people that had the revisions do better with the food than the first time Sleevers. I'm wondering if it's because we know when to stop like we did with the band? I can't wait to start the mushy food phase but am nervous also. Lori

I do have to say I've been craving a platter of pasta!! It will be awhile before that happens but I want it so bad right now

I am 3+ years from revision and it was the best decision EVER. I am maintaining at half my former weight!

I had my consult yesterday and I will just spend one night with revision. The surgeon said it's not difficult removing the band and doesn't even charge extra to do it. Told me his most satisfied sleeve patients are the ones who had bands. He told me that sometimes with revisions there is a little more nausea than just a regular sleeve.

Re the question about revisioners feeling the restriction less, in my case that is definitely true. So I am measuring very carefully and even though I feel I could eat more I am stopping. I am finding that the amount does stop the hunger but it takes a little while to feel it. I dislike the current buzzword mindful but I think we do have to be more aware and perhaps regimented. I'm OK with that. I feel like a grown up kid testing things out.

Yesterday I was so hungry and needed something besides a shake or Jello. I finally heated up some Tomato Soup - slowly sipped a 1/2 cup and boy did that hit the spot!! I was content for hours afterwards!

I was in hospital for 5 days as i had some complications - i couldn't keep anything down , my body just decided to shut itself off for a few days. Day 4 i had barium swallow to ensure nothing was wrong.. And i thank the Lord that nothing was.

I guess i'm lucky that i don't feel any hunger at all. However i also dont feel that im full which is annoying as i tend to over indulge and end up in the bathroom.

I was in hospital for 5 days as i had some complications - i couldn't keep anything down , my body just decided to shut itself off for a few days. Day 4 i had barium swallow to ensure nothing was wrong.. And i thank the Lord that nothing was.

I guess i'm lucky that i don't feel any hunger at all. However i also dont feel that im full which is annoying as i tend to over indulge and end up in the bathroom.

Maybe you will do better if you eat 5 or 6 small meals so that you don't get sick? I feel hungrier every day but the plan I was given was to have 4 shakes a day at this phase as well as 2 food choices for meals. I've only been drinking 2 shakes so I'm thinking I should try to increase my shakes- maybe then I won't be so hungry