Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of feel starved...starting to regret this surgery.

20.gif I am getting to the point where I cannot take the feeling of starving anymore. Also, starting to regret this surgery. People are barbequing for the holiday, and I sit here trying to figure out what to drink, and not eat! I know it will get better, but I am trying not to fall apart and cry because I am so HUNGRY! I am being good though so far I think. I know that alot of people have gotten to this point and can't take it anymore and eat something that they suffer for dearly. I refuse to throw up or PB, but I am soooooo hungry!

Sometimes I think that maybe the reason why I am so hungry is that my pouch has healed enough to try the next step of food. Then I realize, NO! my stomach is still swollen. I am not healed yet. ARGH!!!

Thanks for letting me cry on my computer keyboard since I don't have a shoulder to cry on. sad.gif

Judy

<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_12161-->

<!-- THE POST -->

Just got home from my 2nd bbq of the weekend... I'm on day 14 of my liquid pre-op diet. I drank Water, crystal light, & Decaf green tea. Did it suck? Yeah, I guess. Have I tasted everything that was on the spread? Yeah. Am I going to be on a liquid diet the rest of my life? No. Did I enjoy time w/friends? Yes. Am I glad I went. Yes!

This is just a short period of time in the grand scheme of things. You won't starve & blow away. You can do it! We all can! Think how great you look & feel next year when bbq season rolls around! Hang in there!

I am so sorry to hear of your misery but if it makes you feel better I am feeling the same way. I did not expect this at all! I am tired of drinking and would like to sink my teeth into some real food! The hard lump and pain is not fun either. But lets remember why we did this....it will be so much better in the long run. Cry on my shoulder anytime and lets share some whine!!

Take Care,

Maureen

hi,

keep your chin up....michelle said it right...this is a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things. and when you are strutting around in your smaller size clothes...you will look at this as a mere pittance of time

it really is worth it.

i havent been able to eat for 2 mos due to some issues i caused after surgery...i live on Protein shakes, Soup and Vitamins...

but i'm down 3 sizes and are feeling curves i havent felt in years.

i know how you feel..i have been discouraged in the past 2 mos but i try to remember the end game.

good luck

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. I'm not thin yet, but I am headed that way fast! I don't even remember the liquid phase right now a few months later.....it's temporary!!!

Just think.....next year at cook-outs we won't have to worry about breaking a lawn chair....or having one stick to our butt when we get up....or having them sink in the mud or sand.

And if you're like me, you've tasted every kind of bbq, chip, and bean that's made. We know what they taste like....we don't need to try them again. What we need is to get thin and healthy and have more fun in the future.

You can do this!!!!!

I am so sorry to hear of your misery but if it makes you feel better I am feeling the same way. I did not expect this at all! I am tired of drinking and would like to sink my teeth into some real food! The hard lump and pain is not fun either. But lets remember why we did this....it will be so much better in the long run. Cry on my shoulder anytime and lets share some whine!!

Take Care,

Maureen

Thanks so much Maureen for lending me your shoulder. :drum: You are a special band sis to me. I live with my mom and brother and my brother eats alot of the foods I so loved before. He always stocks up on deserts like donuts and all. I am afraid if I say that you shouldn't have stuff like that out in the open to me like that, he might say well, you wanted this surgery and spent all that money, etc. My mom doesn't eat much, but when she does, it usually doesn't bother me, but it seems like every day especially in the afternoon, I feel so starved. I thought I was strong enough to handle this, but I guess I was really wrong. I started drinking the Protein shakes and the creamy Soups, but realized I wasn't supposed to have the Soups until like day 11. Never had a problem with them though. I have had a healthy choice fudge bar a couple times, but only one a day. Those seems to be satisfying. I still can't find out when I can have the soupy cream of wheat though, and pudding. Maybe the same time as the Soup phase? That would help me at work too.

Well, I feel better and am going to tough it out. Thanks again for sharing your whine with me. Write anytime. :tea:

Peace and hugs,

Judy

Judy,,,you are strong and will get through this! I promise!

Gayle...you are right, next year we will be dancing at the BBQ's in our new outfits!

Michelle and Joesiebies, you are right, this too shall pass!

What a great group of bandsters!!!

Judy,,,you are strong and will get through this! I promise!

Gayle...you are right, next year we will be dancing at the BBQ's in our new outfits!

Michelle and Joesiebies, you are right, this too shall pass!

What a great group of bandsters!!!

Awww...thank you again Maureen. I am stronger than I think sometimes, and lose sight of the good that will come out of this struggle. I guess I am always afraid of looking too far into the future like next year at this time where I will be wearing new smaller clothes and enjoying a tad of the BBQ feast(although baby one).

I will get off my pitty pot and deal with this because others are with me in thoughts and spirit and I need to be there for you too. I am not the first person to have this surgery, but ONE of thousands.

Bless you all and have a great week!

Judy

Stop whining, and remember how often you used to cry before the surgery.

Mark.:drum:

I'm here to share the flip side with you. Currently unbanded, I have eaten more this past weekend than I really should eat in a WEEK. Seriously, I logged my food yesterday and by 3:00 I'd had about 1400 calories, and the real eating hadn't even started.

I feel like absolute shit, have gained weight, and don't know if I will be rebanded. Right now I feel as low as I've ever felt about my weight, even lower than I did 100 lbs ago. The band is the only thing I've ever found that helped me get control, and I want it back.

This is brilliant:

Have I tasted everything that was on the spread? Yeah. Am I going to be on a liquid diet the rest of my life? No. Did I enjoy time w/friends? Yes. Am I glad I went. Yes!

Sigh. I want my band back. :drum:

Judy, When you are cleared for the creamy Soups phase, you can aslo have pudding and cream of wheat. I guess I was lucky and my doc is not as strict about the length of the liquid phase. I was able to move on to soups and stuff after about 7 days. But every doc is different. Just hang in there, it does get better. It's just food--and anything that you couldn't have at that bbq, you can fix for yourself later when you can eat normally again if you want to.

Alexandria--why did you have to have your band out?

Alexandra--ok, I just saw at the bottom of your post that your band slipped--how did you know that it had slipped? I guess what I'm wondering is what are the symptoms of that to look for?

Connie, in my case the slippage was evident by the fact that I couldn't get any solid food down at all. If I ate something in the morning, I'd feel it in my pouch all day and only able to drink fluids. It was obvious to me that something was wrong.