Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW YORK SLEEVERS CAN YOU HELP ME?

Any info on your process with insurance is great I have emblem health so went with that but if you are in NY and have insurance please list your requirements and process since the day you first started.

Hi,

I'm new here and I have read a few boards and I see everyone is beyond helpful in some way. I'm 25 years old and live in Westchester, NY. I went for my seminar December 10, 2014

And have my first appointment with the surgeon January 23☺️was wondering for those in NY with emblem health how long after your first appointment did you get a date? What are the pre surgical requirements that need to be completed beforehand? Thanks so much!!

5-6 months supervised weight loss...EKG..Pulmonary EDG..Stress test ..Chemical blood work...Sleep Apena..and thats what i had to do....Good luck

I have Emblem...I went for my Appointment in October 2014..completed all my requirements Cardiologist, Pulmonist, Endoscopy, Colonscopy,Nutritionist,

Mental health, 4 Weigh In,letter of support from doctor...I received my approval last week it takes 4-5 days after your surgeon

submits your documentation to Emblem. Also your requirements is based on your medical history.

5-6 months supervised weight loss...EKG..Pulmonary EDG..Stress test ..Chemical blood work...Sleep Apena..and thats what i had to do....Good luck

Thanks! Hopefully they won't want so much!

I have Emblem...I went for my Appointment in October 2014..completed all my requirements Cardiologist, Pulmonist, Endoscopy, Colonscopy,Nutritionist,

Mental health, 4 Weigh In,letter of support from doctor...I received my approval last week it takes 4-5 days after your surgeon

submits your documentation to Emblem. Also your requirements is based on your medical history.

Oh that's good news then! And congrats!! My medical history is short just asthma and allergy to morphine, 2 c sections so I'm hoping I'll be quick. How long did yours take from first visit?

@@cruummbs sorry just realized U answered that! Wow that's not long at all from October!! Wish me luck!

I completed all my clearances in Nov...running around to different Dr Office..you also have a sleep apnea test and stress test with the Cardiologist running on a treadmill. Every month is a weigh ..Jan 4 was my final weigh in..Jan 13,2015 was my 2nd consult...Approval Friday Jan 17,2015. Oct 2014 - Jan 2015 3 months I wasn't playing....

@@cruummbs I ADMIRE you're drive! I took a semester from school so I can do back to back appointments as well. When is your date? I have my fingers crossed for u. Please keep me updated on your surgery so I know you're well! My appointment with the surgeon is on Friday eek???? eek! Where are you going for yours?

Awwwwwww thank you. March 2...trust me I can't wait...me and my boyfriend started the same time he has Blue Cross he started in Oct had his surgery Dec 22...he lost 37lbs...I'm jealous...stoptheobesity.com In Rosyln long island...his insurance approved him in 1 day. Don't be nervous you will be filling out papers, getting weigh in..Who is your surgeon?

@@cruummbs my surgeon is dr Camacho in montifiore Bronx, NY

Ugh I hate guys Lolz they always get the easy way out of stuff Lolz. My husband is real supportive as well . Yay!!!! So soon!! I'm excited for u! Soon we will be healthier and smaller Lolz

Omg.....tired of feeling and looking like crap...can't wait to shop for a size 8 or 10...make sure you request copies of all your clearances, blood work etc and keep all your documents in a folder. Every time you go to the Dr carry your paperwork...

@@cruummbs I didn't even THINK of that you're a genius! Lolz omg I was a size 10 when I was 14 gained to a size 16 by the time I was 16 had a baby at 18 so went to a 18/20 and got on the depo gained massive weight and had another baby in 2013 and now I'm a 24/26 smh I can't wait to get to a 16 Lolz

You will be smaller than that..smh I don't know my size probably 18 I only wear sweatpants. .I don't think about looking good anymore it's about being comfortable. .I prefer to look FABULOUS. .Don't forget to buy a folder..Any questions you have hit me up!!!##

@@cruummbs I am! I def need a surgery buddy Lolz. You're gonna be fabulous in no time at all. Just stay positive And keep on pushing through everything. I'll probably borrow a folder from my 6 yr old daughter I'm sure she won't mind.

I know your excited..I you researched your surgeon. I hear Dr Christine Ren Fielding at NYU is good. She was on Dr Oz with her husband a bariartic.surgeon at NYU..He did governer. Christie lapband. He has a lot of lawsuits. Google girl!!!!!