Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do I verify my surgeon is legit/qualified/accredited?

Hello everyone,

I recently discovered my insurance company, BCBS of Florida, will not cover ANY gastric sleeve surgery. So I am beginning to look for cheaper alternatives. Mexico is the closest and cheapest option I could find outside of the US.

But, how do I verify that my surgeon is legitimate?

In the day of technology anyone can fabricate a "medical degree" or numerous "medical documents" proving the are competent to perform gastric sleeve surgery, but how do you double check those? Have any of you had the sleeve done in Mexico, per say, and could give me a solid recommendation?

I have seen prices as low as 3,499 or 3,950 for all inclusive gastric sleeve in Mexico, and I want to believe it is safe and top quality. However, my family is totally against it, and have questioned everything I put before them, such as the medical documents many surgeons provide via their websites. I just want to convince my family, and myself, that Medical Tourism is safe and I can prove to them these are legitimate doctors and not just some guy who went to community college for medicine and wants to cut me open...

Go to the surgery in Mexico thread, everything you could ever want to know is on there.

There are many people who have gone to Mexico and I believe that there is a pinned thread at the top posted by the founder of this webpage. Good luck on your journey

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches