Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I'm getting my IVC filter removed this afternoon so I'm once again NPO. Needless to say I have a headache am I'm starving! However I know these docs. everything went easy for the inserting of the filter and the sleeve surgery itself. I know things will be okay. When I get home, I hope to see a post from you letting us know how your rocked this like a champ!

Welcome to the sip, sip club!

You're gonna do great! I'm following you on Weds...save some room for me on the loser's bench! :)

Congratulations & Good Luck On Your Journey.... February is my last nutritional visit which will be my 7th. I know the emotions are like a roller coaster I'm dealing with it now keeping the faith knowing this is the best decision I'll ever make. I'm excited to be on this journey towards a healthier me. God Bless You

THE PRE-OP DIET MADE ME SECOND GUESS EVERYTHING!!!

It's gonna be so great! Wishing you all the best.

I am ashamed of myself..After sitting in the hospital for hours with an IV in me, I backed out of the surgery..Sitting there waiting for someone to remove part of me forever got me thinking that I did not really think this whole procedure through.. I realized Im simply not mentally ready for it. Perhaps if they rolled me right in i would have done it, but sitting there for 4 hours left me way too much time to think stuff over..

Perhaps I will regret my decision perhaps i will revisit the surgery, but I want to explore a few more options right now. Yeah Im overweight, but Im healthy for now and just couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger..I have been crying all morning and afternoon and am ashamed of myself cause once again I quit myself.

Do not be ashamed. You made a damn tough decision. Not too many people would have been strong enough to have sat there and then decide to not go through with it.

The bottom line is that if you were not ready, then you made the right call. Do not be so hard on yourself. You are still left with a decision you can change if needed. Otherwise, you would have had the surgery and not been able to reverse course.

@jerseyjules. I am so glad to hear you say that u changed your mind at the last minute. I have 2 weeks to go and day by day I am slowly thinking I don't want to do this. I am overweight and have lots of health issues. But this is a non reversal decision. I'm respect your choice to change ur mind and thanks for being brave enough to tell everyone.

@jerseyjules. I am so glad to hear you say that u changed your mind at the last minute. I have 2 weeks to go and day by day I am slowly thinking I don't want to do this. I am overweight and have lots of health issues. But this is a non reversal decision. I'm respect your choice to change ur mind and thanks for being brave enough to tell everyone.

See i am overweight buy literally have zero health issues right now related to being overweight. Realistically Im 295 right now and want to be no lighter than 240lbs actually..Im a really solid dude, and just could not justify doing this to myself at this point..

@@JerseyJules - Aw Jersey I was rooting for you. Well If you're not ready, you're just not ready. I know this goes against what many people think, but I really think this board is too intimidating for a lot of pre-ops. I found this after my surgery and never knew about all the pain, gas and so forth so many experienced. I had 4 friends who had WLS and none of them shared any bad stories. The information I got at the support groups was always positive.

If you ever reconsider come across the bridge to UPenn. They'll treat you right. I just had my IVC filter removed today. I ended up waiting longer than I planned, but once again I came through relatively easy.

If you want to try a trainer and old fashion diet & exercise follow this guy on IG and Facebook. He's an inspiration to all.

Most importantly don't lose faith in yourself. One way or another you can beat this!

Well, you can always try again later. It's scary, I didn't have an co-morbids but I did it. I'm so glad I did because I'm down 40 lbs now in 10 weeks! You def have to be ready To do it. If your not your not. It's ok.

Well, you can always try again later. It's scary, I didn't have an co-morbids but I did it. I'm so glad I did because I'm down 40 lbs now in 10 weeks! You def have to be ready To do it. If your not your not. It's ok.

I feel as it I failed myself yet again. I cant believe I backed out last minute like a big sissy...I know deep down inside I probably need this but I just cant grasp that mentally and bring myself to do it..

@@JerseyJules - I didn't have any co-morbs either, just a very high BMI. Perhaps counseling might help at this point more than the surgery. Your attitude towards surgery is very important. You need to go into it with a positive attitude. If you aren't mentally prepared it's best to wait.

See i am overweight buy literally have zero health issues right now related to being overweight. Realistically Im 295 right now and want to be no lighter than 240lbs actually..Im a really solid dude, and just could not justify doing this to myself at this point..

First let me say that I absolutely agree with your decision to back out at the last minute. If you are not mentally ready then you should not do this.

I will respectfully disagree with your comment about having zero health issues related to being overweight and here is what I mean by that. Being obese in itself, is a health issue. Statistically, obese people don't live as long and the years they do have often have more medical problems.

Then, there is a always the psychological side of "health" and how it relates to obesity.

I only mention all of this because I do not get the feeling that you are completely off of the WLS surgery journey and that you will be considering this as you move forward. Just adding another perspective to the idea of "health issues."

But again, I completely agree with you not doing the surgery at the moment and I really wish you the best of luck. Personally, I am still debating on what to do, and I keep going back and forth.