Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't want to diet before banding or pre-op diet. Is this normal?

Liz, I had to lose I think 12 or 16 pounds in a couple of weeks to get approved for surgery. I chose to drink 2-3 Slim Fast CARB CONTROL (I put it in bold because the Carb Control is MUCH better than the High Protein or the Optima Slim Fast. It is rich and thick and satisfying and it has loads of protein in it (more than Optima or High Protein, even), and had a big salad with low fat dressing and about 1 oz of nuts per day for a snack. I lost FAST.

Hi All,

This is my first post but I've been actively reading since November. I still do not have a surgery date. think.gif I was asked by my surgeon to lose 27 lbs before surgery. In November I was 252 and by April I was down to 229. My surgeon wanted me @ 225 so I was almost there. happy.gif BUT they had to coordinate my surgery with two other people. So it was a hurry up and wait thing.

Well now three months later they have the other two patients and now I'm up 12 lbs. eek.gif Now they are waiting on me to lose 16 lbs before they will even schedule the surgery. I feel like the day will never come.

I got so discouraged from waiting and now I feel so depressed.

Does anyone have any advice on how to lose this weight quick without feeling like I'm starving myself? My surgeon did not put me on a pre-op diet. I saw the nutritionist last week and all she suggested was fruit & yogurt for Breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch, and chicken w/veggies for dinner, with fruits or low fat cheese for Snacks. I don't see myself losing much weight following the nutritionist advice because this is basically what I've been doing for the past month.

Any advice and words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance }i{ help.gif

My surgery date is August 1st, so I am a few days into my pre op diet. My plan is 3 Meal Replacements and a "real food". For men, it is a 1200 calorie diet, for women a 1000. But when I add up my meal replacements and lean cuisine(my choice for "real" food) it's only 900 calories. I'll be damned if I let those 300 slip away. So now i have a little fun figuring out how to spend the 300. Also if you go for a walk for 30 minutes , the calories you burn get added to your calorie count, for me, it is an extra 266 calories, so essentially, I can eat another 566 calories. I hope this helps. Now if I can only use those calories for good....... :)

My surgery date is August 15th. I have done over 2 weeks of Optifast, with a "real" meal every second day (meal means steak and vegetables on the grill, not crap). The fear of the optifast is worst than the optifast itself. THe bonus is no grocery shopping and very few dishes.