Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week from today, January 8th, I'll be having my surgery. I'm all sorts of excited and can't wait for this to happen. Do any of you post op people have any last minute advice? How did you feel coming out of anesthesia? I'm getting a little ancy, nothing that would make me change my mind about having the surgery, it's more like pre wedding jitters. Hopefully some of you can relate.

I have yet to post today on my blog because I don't have any followers yet so I'm asking here instead. If anybody wants to check it out its www.findingsassy.com. I'll be posting my before pics either Tuesday or Wednesday and post surgery pics for those that have asked what we look like right after the surgery.

Anyone else have the 8th as their surgery date? It would be nice to have a same day pal to talk with.

Thanks every one for your continued support, everybody here has been so much better than my own family.

Edited by FindingSassy

Just be prepared for the painful bloated feeling you get in your lower abdomen area. I had no idea what it was but I had to have morphine for 24 hours. Everything else was a piece of cake, as they say. The only thing now, 8 weeks post op, is that I absolutely cannot have more than a half a cup of anything or I feel nautious. Horrible feeling for an hour or two. Kind of like morning sickness, nothing sounds, good, nothing tastes good. But last 3 days, I have been doing better. I don't regret a minute though.

I only remember waking up in my room with my sister there! They had me on pain meds every 4 hours so I don't remember feeling much pain. Except for the gas pain, which you have to walk a lot to get rid of. Have never had any nausea or dumping. I think you will be just great.

Maggie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches