Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost 3 weeks post and on soft foods until 1/9/15. Can anyone recommend Snacks I can have? Currently I drink a Protein shake for Breakfast, I had some tuna for lunch (sometimes a Protein shake) and dinner will be baked fish. I am terrified of overeating, so instead I think maybe I am undereating. I am getting all my protein in and I'm good with Water. So would love some good suggestions on Snacks in between meals. Even before surgery I wasn't much of a snacker in between meals, but for some reason I feel like I need it now.

ETA: It seems like I can tolerate pretty much anything. Haven't had any issues.

Edited by peki31

Hard-boiled egg, 1/2 apple with a little natural PB, deli turkey/cheese roll-up are all go-to Snacks for me. Now that I am a couple of months post-op, I can do half of a soft Protein Bar (like Pure Protein brand)

If you are eating three meals a day, meeting your Fluid and Protein goals why are you looking for snack ideas? It's not a good habit to start. You may not have the full sensation just yet so you should be measuring your portions according to your surgeon's recommendations. If you are eating the amounts your doctor recommends then I doubt you are undereating.

Snacking could be a slippery slope to grazing......just my opinion.

But if you feel you need a snack....cheese sticks, cottage cheese, half a Protein Bar. If these foods are on your list for only 3 weeks post op.

I also love frozen Yasso bars or Kroger Enlighten Protein ice cream bars if I want a treat

There are so many differences in plans! The one I got laid out 3 meals and 3 Snacks - I couldn't meet Protein without them, and with such tiny portions I personally will get a little lightheaded if I don't ingest something every few hours. When I asked the nutritionist, she looked at me like I was an idiot and told me that's why they suggested eating 5-6 times/day, lol.

This week, I've been snacking on about 1/3 - 1/2 of a single serve mandarin cup in the morning (I've been craving citrus like crazy) and a turkey lunchmeat, cheese, and mustard roll in the afternoon. If I weren't hitting at least the minimum Protein goal, I'd swap the fruit out for a protein snack.< /p>

We're also allowed the melty kind of crunchy stuff on our soft diet plan. I got a free sample of dill pickle flavored "krinkles" - they're basically soy chips - that are 12 grams of protein per bag. The bag lasted me 3 days, but satisfied the need to crunch something without going off plan. You can order those online, they come in a few flavors.

Thank you all. My plan recommends 3 meals and 2-3 Snacks. I am getting enough Protein because of shakes. I drink the Protein Shakes with Water, not milk. I think the issue is that I am not getting enough calories. 2 Protein Shakes a day is about 260 calories, plus a meal of about 150-200 calories. So I am only taking in about 400-450 calories a day. Which is why I think I am undereating. I don't even think about eating until mealtime. Like I said I am not a snacker and definitely not a grazer, never have been.

My only real craving has been for frozen yogurt. I don't mean yogurt like Fage (which I hate) frozen.

I don't really snack but if I do it would be a Quest bar and of course I am addicted to my chai Decaf tea with Splenda and teaspoon of cream (if you consider that a snack) sorry thats really all I got. I try not to snack but I should eat more. In the beginning I liked fancy little meats and cheeses if you can even have that kinda stuff?