Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I was sleeved on 12/15...I have been feeling ok but today I woke up and feel like my torso and back are black and blue. My incisions are bothering me when I change position. (Standing to sitting vice versa) any one else experiencing this?

If your recovery is like mine, you will notice the discomfort less and less over the next week or so and then somewhere around the second or third week you'll suddenly look around and wonder where the pain went.

I hope you heal quickly and with no complications.

I'll be a month on Tuesday and still have pain around the one bigger incision, as well as some bruising. I had a few days reprieve and then it started again - perhaps we do too much when we're feeling good?

There's a lot happening in there right now.

What do you mean "you feel like" your torso and back are black and blue? ARE they black and blue? There would be NO reason for your back to be black and blue; your belly - maybe. Your back, NO! Black and blue means bruising either from a direct injury or healing hematomas. Please explain your situation further.

What do you mean "you feel like" your torso and back are black and blue? ARE they black and blue? There would be NO reason for your back to be black and blue; your belly - maybe. Your back, NO! Black and blue means bruising either from a direct injury or healing hematomas. Please explain your situation further.

My stomach is turning all sorts of colors. Some of my incisions hurt more than others. The most pain is on the right side. I have been holding a pillow against it every time I move. It helps a bit. My back feels really sore, like it is bruised up, it isn't though. I am not sure if I hurt it because I am being so protective of my movements as to not hurt my stomach. It is uncomfortable. I am not sure how else to describe it.

One of my incisions bruised and I had a hematoma and it had to be opened up. You sound like what I was going through...it could be since you are tensing up because of your stomach that could be messing with your back. I hope you heal quickly

Thanks for clarifying that. I agree that your back could be strained from the protective maneuvers you're doing with your abdominal region. You can try using a heating pad on your back to see if it helps, and I would call to set up a follow-up appointment to be seen sooner if these symptoms aren't alleviated. If your "uncomfortable" turns into excruciating or unbearable, please know that wouldn't be normal and you should seek medical care if that were to occur.

My sister is an RN and also recovered Bariatric patient. She said the back pain can be from sleeping on back also. Most of us are side sleepers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches