Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone taken up Bycyling?

D

You're amazing and so resourceful. Do you see that? You gave so many useful suggestions and are so encouraging. Recognize you've got it going on.

As for doing the boat in and out thing...that's a thoughy. I too would be paranoid, but excuse me, your husband shouldn't be surprised that it's going to take a bit of effort to help "haul" you in. The man knows what you weigh, he's been under you. (so I hope). But yeah, there is hardly a delicate way to get in the boat. I say you really look at the techniques others are using and what kind of leverage you might be able to swing...a foot there or a leg here?

Worse case scenerio you look a little silly...people aren't going to make fun of you. If you can laugh at the situation it will help.

Girl if I was there I'd make you jump out of the boat with me. They can suffer having to haul two biggie girls up and into the boat. We'd be laughing the whole time, I promise!

J, oh I didn't mean to make it sound like hubby was being rude, he by no means was!!!! He kept saying to do it he could get me in. It was me who was freaking out!!!!! I know I should of just did it, but I hate to be the one who gets laughed at AGAIN!!! We are going camping this weekend, I will try it then, good, bad, or fat!!!! I am off to do my strength training now. Hope you like the HUGE ass pictures I put on....I don't know how to resize them. I did have to edit the post three times to get the pictures that I wanted, but I finally figured it out!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!

You look fantastic!!!!!!

Your daughter is a cutie too! Look how much futher her arm goes around you!!!!

Your face is so much thinner! OMG, OMG! You're doing so FANTASTICALLY well!

Strut your stuff Chica!

Deanna and Julie,

I think Deanna hit it on the head....you are right!

You know what.....you need a ladder, I dont care if you are super model skinny...it would make getting into the boat allot easier...LOL You should of seen my BUTT getting back into the canoe after we flipped...yea.....PRETTY SIGHT!!!!

I go for my next fill thursday! I am readyyyyy...

Good luck today and let us know how it went'

Agh. I haven't exercised in a few days. I was embarassed to come on here - but I need your support! I'm *still* freaking too tight - I keep irritating my stoma and I can't even get enough Water in to be hydrated, let alone have enough energy to exercise. It got bad Friday night, worse Saturday, and unfortunately, I figured out that ice cream went down better than water... now how weird is that? So, I've eaten ice cream the past three days. I feel like a freaking moron. I've been almost "cheat free" for 8 months then let this get to me. I've got an appointment in a few hours for an unfill, and I think I'm going to go on a liquid Medifast diet for a week or two to get all these carbs and sugar and crap out of my system.

I want to bike this week! I'm going to commit to you guys that I need to do at LEAST 30 miles this week (I'll still need a day or so to get my energy back after the unfill, I don't want to hurt myself!). So that's 3 10 mile rides, or 2 15 milers, etc. Doable from Wed-Sat! :(

Annie

That's horrible to be unable to eat! Don't beat yourself up for the shit food. It's not going to do you any good. Put it behind you. You'll be back to 100% shortly.

Always come here for support. Where else would you go? We're the best!

30 miles sounds like a good goal. Let us know about the unfill and how the ride goes.

Be good to yourself.

Agh. I haven't exercised in a few days. I was embarassed to come on here - but I need your support! I'm *still* freaking too tight - I keep irritating my stoma and I can't even get enough Water in to be hydrated, let alone have enough energy to exercise. It got bad Friday night, worse Saturday, and unfortunately, I figured out that ice cream went down better than water... now how weird is that? So, I've eaten ice cream the past three days. I feel like a freaking moron. I've been almost "cheat free" for 8 months then let this get to me. I've got an appointment in a few hours for an unfill, and I think I'm going to go on a liquid Medifast diet for a week or two to get all these carbs and sugar and crap out of my system.

I want to bike this week! I'm going to commit to you guys that I need to do at LEAST 30 miles this week (I'll still need a day or so to get my energy back after the unfill, I don't want to hurt myself!). So that's 3 10 mile rides, or 2 15 milers, etc. Doable from Wed-Sat! :(

Just got back from the doc.

That was interesting - normally my doc's office does "blind" fills - i.e. no flouro, just giving an amount based on how the patient feels, what they can/can't eat, hunger levels, weight loss.

Since I couldn't even get liquids down they did Flouro to make sure everything was ok - how weird to watch! Pretty cool technology.

Basically I was almost swelled shut so they took out 0.4cc's - now I've got some restriction but it should be relieved enough to let me heal. Yay, I can drink water!!

I'm going on an all-liquid diet starting tomorrow (I'm too excited to have a few bites of "real food" today after having so much trouble the past week and a half that I want a "real food" dinner!). So that should help not only my morale but my stomach and my weight loss! With eating way more than normal carbs (i.e. the ice cream) the past few days, I'm up about 3 lbs, mostly Water from the carbs and TOM "fun". Hopefully that'll be gone within a week!

Thanks for your support - you guys are awesome!

I am also back from my appt. I ended up getting 3 cc's. I have the VanGuard band, so it holds 10 cc's. The RN said that I am working soooo hard that it is time to let the band do some of the work!!! I was kinda happy about that. They are VERY happy with my loss so far!!!

J, I asked the Exercise Physiologist about a weight gain after long rides and he said it is almost ineviatable. Your muscles retain Water to repair. SOOOOO, you are fine and going to be losing that extra fast!!!

Juli - I've also had the same thing happen - my body/muscles will hold onto Water after an "extreme" workout.

Do you realize that you had an "extreme" workout? Would you have done that 74 lbs ago? YOU ROCK GIRLIE! Isn't that SWEET!!! Good problem to have...

D...YOUR PICTURES ARE JUST AMAZING...WOW...WHAT A DIFFRENCE.......I AM SO VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU. I AM ALSO GLAD YOU GOT A FILL.

YOU ARE A AWESOME INSPIRATION...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK......YOU ROCK GIRL!!!!!

j...I AM GLAD D FOUND THE ANSWER TO THE GAIN....WHEW!!!!!!

BANNIE.....GLAD YOU ARE BACK...NEVER BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF..WE ARE HERE FOR SUPPORT AND ARE NEVER HERE TO JUDGE YOU EVER!!!!

Okay, I wasn't going to say, but I don't even miss JC and Babygirl, because you guys are so great!

I'm a liar, of course I miss 'em, but you all are still fantastic.

D-Cool about the fill. I'm interested to see what happens next.

Annie-Cool about the unfill, eating is important...as we all well know.

HP-You're due for some adjusting in a few days, no?

I see the my surgeon in September unless I can't take it being fill less between now and then. There are days when I could chew my own foot off, I am so hungry...like yesterday, but today I'm under control again and eating less than 1100 calories. I think my band is bi-polar.

J, you crack me up!!!! Almost everytime I read one of your posts you make me smile most the time laugh, except for the real serious ones, which are few and far between.

About the pictures, I was really contemplating putting them on, but then I thought what the hell!!!

The first one was April 18th, 2007 the night before surgery and the second one what the 19th of July, 2007 three months post op. I am proud to say I see a HUGE difference in my face as well, as all around, just wish it was gone TODAY!!! I hate all of the fat I have now!! Before it was my reason behind being able to not do a damn thing all day long!!!!

The fill is going ok still, I am a bit pissed about me drinking slim fast while DH and DD are having steak, THAT I COOKED, but other than that, I am glad I got it, I think. Especially if some of this hunger stops!!!!

Annie wanna get together for a liquid drinking party???? I am not doing so good with this part... I want to eat damn it!!!! This sucks, but I do notice that my stomach is a little upset. Hope it is me making it upset from not getting to eat the lovely steaks that I had planned on eating and not problems....seriously, it feels strange, kinda like gas?????? Like when first banded??