Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December 30th Sleevers ?!

I'm scheduled for the 29th! I'm super excited! The surgery and the preparations for it is all I seem to think about.

I'm not looking forward to my families Christmas dinner. My husband is supportive but some of my kids don't want me to have surgery. I'm not sure how they will react when I can't eat a normal Christmas dinner. Also will I be strong enough not to eat Christmas dinner. Can I make pies and Christmas Cookies for Christmas without having any? My kids will be upset if I don't bake this year. Does anyone else have this problem?

My two cents. I decided to skip Christmas this year because I didn't want to put myself in that situation. It was really hard for me but my family understood and are supportive. I'm one of the bakers in my family (currently in culinary school for it :) ), but others will pitch in and make it happen. Ultimately, that decision has to be up to what makes you feel most comfortable. Good luck! If i may ask, how old are your kids? Maybe they can make the pies. ;)

Edited by AmandaPal

Karen: Worry about yourself and we can't always please everyone. You can get the kids to bake only if they want to... to support you. Stay home and have your own thing. It's just one year you have do this for you. It is not a selfish thing. Hang in there.

Is anyone having their surgery December 30th ? I am looking to buddy up .

Not the 30th but the 31st!

I'm Dec 29th! 3 more days until the dreaded liquid diet!

Had My pre surgery Upper GI, ekg and blood work done at the hospital yesterday! It feels like its really happening now! Everyone at the hospital was so great and raved about my surgeon made me feel much better!

Thought I would jump in here too! I'm scheduled for the 30th. Glad to see lots of others are on the journey with me :) I also wanted to chime in about the Christmas activity/baking, etc. We're not doing much for xmas this year. At first I planned on baking christmas Cookies...but as xmas gets closer, I'm deciding against it. I need to be selfish this one time during xmas. It's important for me to get my head wrapped around this lifestyle change. In the long run, I know my kids would give up one holiday of Cookies as opposed to less years with their mother.

Hey, where is everyone? If you're like me, and have started the liquid diet, you're asleep! LOL I'm so weak and tired - day two - that I hope what I hear about day three is true; that whole burs of energy thing! All I want to do is sit and lay, just like a dog!! LOL

I'm so excited that being on the liquid diet on Christmas day doesn't seem to bother me anymore. I'm just going to put my head down and go with the flow! It'll be over in no time!

Well, I hope everyone is well and just preparing for phase two, THE SURGERY!

I started my pre-op diet yesterday too and I hate to say it, but it's been a struggle. I mean, I knew it would be a challenge, but it's been a constant battle for me so far. I'm disappointed in myself for letting it get to me...especially so soon. I refuse to give up but I feel guilty for wanting to give in so fast. It's amazing some of the things the brain will think of. I've thought about chewing food and spitting it out. SMH I'm still hanging in there though and I'm still really excited. I just have to remember this is the beginning of needed change in my life.

Also, I've been super cold the last couple of days. Can't seem to get warm. I hope that gets better. I can't wait for this part to be over. I keep reminding myself that it will all be worth in it the long run.

How's everyone else doing?

Went in for my two week pre op today at the KC Baratric center. I was feeling ready but the second I got on the elevators I got so nervous. After meeting with the surgeon I felt better. Everyone there has been so great and I know I'm in good hands. Ready to get finals over with and start the liquid diet. :)

I had my pretesting done today. They drew blood for labwork, Ekg and lots of questions. The preop diet is the day before surgery. I don't understand why many people have weeks of liquid diet? Every place is different....I guess reality is drawing near. Still have to get my shakes and powders.

I did my hospital registration today and I'm done until my last weigh in on 12/26 and then surgery 12/29. For those of you struggling with the liquid diet, I don't know why some surgeons only require one day vs two weeks. My doctor said it's to shrink the fatty liver so that it's as small as possible. Maybe it shrinks enough in one day for some doctors. I wish mine felt that way! LOL Anyway, my struggle ended when the nurse told me he canceled four patients at the hospital before surgery that didn't follow the liquid diet for two weeks and lose, in his opinion, enough weight for him to be comfortable operating on them. Well, that sealed the deal for me, no food is tempting enough for me to jeopardize my surgery. Maybe this will help someone else struggling to kind of just dig in and get er' done! LOL

I tell you what though, when I'm driving I have started notice EVERY fast food restaurant or place that sells food now, gas stations included!! I am like wow, did I really eat that much or am I that darn hungry!! LOL But on the bright side, just three days in and my knees, ankles and legs feel like new. I'm so ashamed to realize that I caused this to my body and I apologized to my knees today and thanked them for all of the hard work they've put in. I also promised them that these are the last days they will carry what ever I weigh everyday! LOL It's the little things that get me through! Ha!

I hope everyone is doing well and staying focused on the reason we're on this journey, health ... and then our new bodies!

Have a great day!

Cynthia

Day #3 and still going strong! Had my last dr visit yesterday and xray, bloodwork and ekg. All is great and he even told me if I would DO the 2 wks liquid that it won't hurt to have a slice of turkey on Christmas day! Hahaha but hey, it's something to look forward to! Actually the liquid diet is nowt really that big of a deal.

I'm the same that my hips. ankles, knees and feet already feel a tad better. I'm not dragging or tired, just simply drinking to feel satisfied instead of chewing to feel satisfied. So excited and ready for surgery! 7 am on the 29th can NOT come quick enough. (They have me 1st surgery sched!!!)

Day 3 for me too on pre-op diet. Feeling good. Went for my bloodwork, anesthesiologist questions and urine test today and when they weighed me it showed I had lost 6lbs since last weeks weigh in, lol. I laugh because during the final week before the pre-op diet my Spouse and I hit up two buffets and I ate out almost every night; guess it didn't affect me much.

394lbs last week

388lbs today

I'm finding ways to combine different parts of the liquid diet that seems to be keeping me feeling full for most of the day. I'm also taking advantage of the words "as needed" next to all the sugar-free drink/popsicle choices on my pre-op sheet to help me keep full too.

Edited by prez

I have my pre op visit and tests tomorrow. I start my pre op diet on the 22nd, and I get to have 2 oz of ham 1/2 cup mashed potatoes and 1 tbs gravy for x-mas dinner. They said that wouldn't hurt anything. I'm not looking forward to the pre op diet but I'm excited about surgery. My surgery is 7:30 AM on December 29th. Karen