Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice for impatience!

I have PCP works done, insurance quotes, all online sessions done. Dec 10 is psych eval and first appt with NP at Bariatric clinic! I see list off all I have to do but lord how long will this be if they only schedule two pieces at a time! I am extreme inpatient with the unknown. I asked if I could schedule more on that day and she told me not until I pass these.UGGG

So I haveresearched. MFP logged, fitbit razed. Now broke myself of straws. 1200 calories or less for months. Limiting caffeine. stocking cabinets. No alcohol. Just going crazy inpatient. Am I doing too much too soon? Anything different? Going for RNY. It does no work to tellmyselfto be patient, or anyone else lol that makes it worse, I have to make strides forward or go nutso! Rural IL and 70 miles one way from cliinic so really out there from urban support systems ect

One day at a time. I'm about 2 1/2 week post op and it seems like it came and went fast. Even though I started 3/20/14

I was really impatient at first. Once I made the decision to do it, I wanted it DONE and didn't have time for all this futzing around beforehand. But once it became clear to me that I couldn't shortcut the process, I settled into a groove and it was okay. Now I'm three weeks away from surgery and suddenly it seems like the date came out of nowhere.

I think the only risk you have of "doing too much too soon" is if going full-bore into it now makes you lose interest in the long run. You're the best judge of whether that's likely to happen. For me, one thing I've realized through this process is that I tend to engage in "all or nothing" thinking, going overboard from one extreme to another. I get super-excited about the shiny new thing, but I can't sustain that level of enthusiasm and when I fall out of love with the shiny thing it's really hard to get it back. Achieving balance and long-term focus is my nirvana.

Edited by anaxila

U r so correct yes that is very much me! So today after such a good eating and exercise week I gain 1.4lbs, lord I am getting frustrated! I just keep telling myself see this is why u need to do this but goodness dealing w myself is so hard! Impatient and on going irritating slaps of reality make me crazy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!