Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie waiting on approval

Don't let negative comments deter you from what you know is something you need to do for you! I got the same "easy way out" mess thrown at me from my best friend who has never been morbidly obese or even overweight and I told him that he can't relate even a little to what I feel and why I need this. Told him to research the process and he did. He's very supportive now.

Your health comes first then your family. With out your health in tact you can't take proper care of your family.

God bless you on your journey!!

Thank you and you are so right if I am not healthy I can not take care of my family.

Welcome aboard ! I'm sorry that you have had a negative Nancy cross your path. I can understand. I have not hidden the fact I was having the surgery. In fact I have been very open and willing to talk to anyone with pure excitement. This my dear is you. Making a choice to do something for yourself. For your own health. Those who say "easy" way out simply have no idea what the journey contains! Walk a mile in my shoes before passing judgement. I don't know you however I would stand behind you and support your choice. Because at the end of the day it really is your choice and your health. I just had my surgery 11-4. And the week prior to surgery I had a coworker (who is herself morbidly obese) ask me Why I was having the surgery. This is someone that I listen complain daily about the amount of walking that is required. Who refuses to come to the back breakroom because she doesn't want to walk back to the time clock to clock back in after break... My reply was blunt direct and honest. I said...well it's like this ..I am doing this for me. I physically have no health issues outside of the fact I am fat. I have high blood pressure because of my weight. My knees hurt because of my weight and that goes the same for the feet. I want to live until I'm old and don't want all the body aches an pains that this weight will cause. So I am doing this for me. So that I can say I did this. I took drastic measures to solve a problem I had in my life. The results although new already shine through... Even though I have had some serious nausea and been sick very often over the past few weeks. I am happy with my choice. Nothing is ever easy in life. Just making the choice was a hard decision... That's the first step of many you will be taking....shame shame on your friend who doesn't simply say . "You are my friend and I support you in whatever you do as long as it is what YOU want to do and it makes you happy"... Sorry for the ramble :)

Welcome aboard ! I'm sorry that you have had a negative Nancy cross your path. I can understand. I have not hidden the fact I was having the surgery. In fact I have been very open and willing to talk to anyone with pure excitement. This my dear is you. Making a choice to do something for yourself. For your own health. Those who say "easy" way out simply have no idea what the journey contains! Walk a mile in my shoes before passing judgement. I don't know you however I would stand behind you and support your choice. Because at the end of the day it really is your choice and your health. I just had my surgery 11-4. And the week prior to surgery I had a coworker (who is herself morbidly obese) ask me Why I was having the surgery. This is someone that I listen complain daily about the amount of walking that is required. Who refuses to come to the back breakroom because she doesn't want to walk back to the time clock to clock back in after break... My reply was blunt direct and honest. I said...well it's like this ..I am doing this for me. I physically have no health issues outside of the fact I am fat. I have high blood pressure because of my weight. My knees hurt because of my weight and that goes the same for the feet. I want to live until I'm old and don't want all the body aches an pains that this weight will cause. So I am doing this for me. So that I can say I did this. I took drastic measures to solve a problem I had in my life. The results although new already shine through... Even though I have had some serious nausea and been sick very often over the past few weeks. I am happy with my choice. Nothing is ever easy in life. Just making the choice was a hard decision... That's the first step of many you will be taking....shame shame on your friend who doesn't simply say . "You are my friend and I support you in whatever you do as long as it is what YOU want to do and it makes you happy"... Sorry for the ramble :)

???? My friend is also overweight but does not have all the health issues I have we have been on diets together. In the past 3 years I have spent so much time in the hospital, and that is something I no longer want to do. I want to live for me and my girls. I have pain everyday, I know if I don't do something about it I will not be with my kids for a long time. I have the support of my family especially my oldest daughter, she was not to sure if it was a good idea. So I took her to the seminar and she saw all the benefits I can have she said mom I am her to support you in your journey. She was really worried about death, complications and recovery but after the seminar she was ok with the surgery. I also feel like I shouldn't have to hide that I will be having the surgery, but I don't want to hear from more negative Nancy's. I will tell everybody after I have it. ????

Welcome. I totally agree with everyone, even though I haven't gotten the "easy way out" mantra thrown at me. However I sometimes criticize myself for not being able to loose weight the ""normal" way. Giving my son a life with a healthy mother is what I've decided to choose and I think my turning point was when my weight continued to tip the scale and several health issues began to stack against me. Two years ago when I found out I had hypertension should have been the wake up call, but with sleep apnea and diabetes side by side, the wake up call became a bullhorn tearing out my eardrums. So here I am, proud and ready that I've made the decision to become healthy for me and no one else...so I guess that is the easy way out for me, and the hard part will follow !