Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's your skin holding up?

Is your skin bouncing back? Is it loose and saggy?

How old are you? How much have you lost?

I'm 35 and down 40 lbs and starting to look saggy and deflated.

I'm 28 and down 40 as well. My dr swears what I'm seeing will go away. He said it gets worse before it gets better. Once near goal and weight training it'll be less noticeable. However, he told me from the beginning it all depends on how you carry your weight. I'm an equal opportunity gainer/loser. It's good for loose skin but sucks when it takes a lot of weight loss to lose sizes.

@dc0520 Hey, keep the faith girl! If you're under 40, your skin does bounce back better!

Hello,

I'm 49 and I've got lots of loose, saggy skin. I think I may be too old for it to have a chance to "bounce" back. Ironic using that word since, well, that's what my skin would do if I jumped up and down :blush: .

I've had some Venus freeze done on my neck and THANK GOD it worked. It was worth the $1,000.00 I spent for the five treatments. I use moisturizer that is supposed to firm your skin. I use it religiously every day. Might work better on those that are younger :unsure: ? I've used Jergen's and I'm using Nivea now.

I can't afford plastic surgery to rid myself of my "bat wings". Sure wish I could. I won't feel comfortable wearing tank tops or short sleeve shirts once it gets hot again. :( . I've been told it costs about $12,000.00 for "bat wing" removal.

Oh well. I'll just have to look good with clothes on and not so good naked ;) . I'll take the better health and much less knee and back pain---ANY DAY.

Blessings,

Kathleen

@Katcloudshepherd Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I've heard great reviews for Dr. Victor Gutierrez--- he was trained in Israel and specializes in microsurgery. I've heard the scarring is minimal. I might be checking him out after I lose all the weight.

@Katcloudshepherd what is a venus freeze? and what does it do, exactly... thanks

I'm 31 and my sagging was not good. I looked like a stretched out tube sock and while I'm still 6 pounds away from goal I started the plastics process about 15 pounds ago. I think it may also have a bit to do with whether or not you've been larger longer in life. For example, I have gone from thin to fat at least 10 times, so my skin was a little tired of the nonsense and this time and really the last several times in my 20's, I was just not attractive without clothing on- even though I was a normal weight. I had saggy boobs, a stomach that kinda flopped over, really saggy inner, upper thighs, and bat wings that I only realized how bad they were when I just looked at my pre-op pictures a few days ago.

I think a lot has to do with genetics as well. I saw a girl on here who had very large arms when she started and gorgeous slim arms almost 150 pounds later. I was super jealous because even 10 years ago in college when I was thin someone once called me "the flying squirrel", which is ok a little funny, but it's something I thought about a lot before deciding on surgery. No amount of lifing or working out was going to fix my bag of sag.

A few months ago I started with a breast augment and lift, Lipo on my thighs, lower back, and hips, and an abdominoplasty. The recovery was much easier than the sleeve surgery and the differences were like magic. So then I decided I would also have a thigh lift and the bat-wing removal procedure, the brachioplasty. That was a week ago and I'm still a little undecided on how I feel about the leg results, but the arms are night and day. Now all I have left is a saggy butt, lol.

@Katcloudshepherd I read your post! My batwing surgery was 7K and I used probably the most expensive doctor in my area of Florida. 12K seems really high, and I imagine in Mexico it is substantially cheaper than what I paid. Most doctors also have some type of finance plan, so if it really bugs you, maybe you could explore some of those options. :)

I'm 31 and my sagging was not good. I looked like a stretched out tube sock........yada, yada, yada.... :)

OK, I dove in and read all four paragraphs.........phew... <_< But now, I feel kinda ripped off. I know you've heard of the saying " a picture is worth a thousand words" (I didn't count but yours has to be over 10,000)

So what gives.....where's the pics. After saying it worked like "magic"......I wanna see the magic. Without going into unflattering details, let's just say, I got the saggies too. Seeing your results would be very encouraging.

c'mon.....get out the cell phone and take a few selfies. You can do it. We are all waiting........... ^_^

I hope my skin figures out how to shrink adequately. I am afraid I am going to need abdominoplasty but way to soon to tell. I can tell you I look like I am melting and at my age it is going to be a challenge. Since I had to pay for my own sleeve surgery I don't have any left over to pay for plastics. I am saving but not enough I am sure. I would never go to mexico for ANY surgery because I worked in surgery in the US and have had to "fix" major mistakes. Just my opinion.

I am only 5wks post op and down 37lbs. I can see it starting in my arms, but I have also just started strength training last week, I have been working out since day one and can only hope for the best.

About 14yrs ago I lost almost 100lbs in 18 months just thru diet and exercise. I am 46 now so I would have been around 32. I had no sagging skin anywhere, except my boobs, but I blame my kid for those. LOL

What I do have to deal with is a ventral hernia that is on my right side lower abdomen area, This will be removed once I lose my weight. In clothes you don't notice it but naked you can definitely see that it protrudes a little. Some days more than others.

But the way I feel at just losing this weight is incredible, I cannot imagine once I reach 100+ pounds!!

I'm glad this issue came up. I'm 71 & have lost about 70 lbs & I sag everywhere!! I read somewhere that it takes 2 years for your skin to tighten up. At my age I doubt it will tighten up very much. I'll just continue to cover up the bat wings & sagging tummy with my clothes. I hate girdles but I might have to bite the bullet & wear one under dresses. At this point I feel better & my oxygen is better so that is more important to me than sagging skin. :rolleyes:

I'm 44 getting some hang-age around my tummy. I've lost about 115 so far. But it's bajillion times better than having high cholesterol, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, and pre-diabetes!

And my newly-purchased size 34 pants cover it up nicely! Ba-da-bing!

Edited by AlwaysVegas

@@alwaysvegas, it's so great that you did this before you crossed over into having diabetes!

@@alwaysvegas, it's so great that you did this before you crossed over into having diabetes!

Thanks @@BeagleLover! I wish that I had not let my health decline as far as it had. But no more regrets now! I love being on the right track and am trying to maintain that mindset.