Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crap, is this all I can eat?

First day eating (off two week liquid phase). I was spoiled with the Soups which just pass straight through. I managed to eat half a scrambled egg (bless the man who suggested keeping it warm with a Mr. coffee cup warmer) and 1.5 ozs of tuna. I may be too conservative, but as soon as I thought I was full, I quit and turned the timer on for 25 minutes before Water again. I broke my Isopure into smaller servings to give me 40g of protien as well as what I can manage to eat. It's not a hunger thing, I just want to make sure I get enough calories to keep my body from going into starvation mode.

The question: did you get more comfortable with eating a whole egg, or do you just start going to 5 meals a day?

Yeah I know "its the first day dude, lighten up" but this kinda freaked me out.

Kirk

In time you'll recognize some of the signs of getting full.....like sneezing or runny nose or hiccups.

But the best method is to practice with specific measured weights or volumes and stick to that. At your phase, I was doing about 3 ounces of food by weight or 1/2 cup if measured by volume. And try to be constantly drinking all day long to get in enough fluids. ;)

You work up to it. So far it sound like you're doing the right thing by listening to your body and stopping when you are full.

Well, it's all you can eat now. Remember when it took me forever to eat four spoonfuls of crean of wheat ( at two weeks out). Now I eat about a half cup, usually less, of stuff. If I try to push it, I pay with pain and it's not pretty.

At first, all I could handle was 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons. Now at 10 1/2 months I max out at slightly under one cup, but let me go one bite over and Miss Tummy shows me who is boss by giving me a good four hours of regret.

As I get close to that last bite I get my tupperware burp, hiccups, sneeze or runny nose.

Thanks Recycled. I got my scale and crock pot in today from Amazon. Did nearly 2.75 ozes of slow cooked beef (cooked with some great veggies, garlic and chilies for flavor). Thank goodness the surgery did not cause indigestion in me. I am way too much of a foodie to retire to the land of the bland. [Note: I did some spice tests with Soups before jumping into this on my first day of solids, so it wasn't a shock to the system] I love it when a plan comes together.

Did it wrong last night. I ate some cold beef and didn't chew it well enough. So now I know that's the pain you want to avoid. Took 20 minutes of walking around with that little bit causing some pressure and pain until I could drink something. The Water helped and I was able to go to sleep. Well a little negative feedback is a good teacher.

I can stress this enough. Chew until it dissolves in your mouth. Your tummy will thank you.

This is a little humiliating that the only size containers at my store for my leftovers which I split into future meals looks like this....61KkY9h8m2L._SL1058_.jpg

Have you tried bento boxes? Another good and inexpensive alternative are the snack boxes and sandwich boxes that Target often has in their dollar bins.

As your body heals you will be able to eat more. I can eat a whole egg and a couple link Sausages now at Breakfast. My surgeon and dietician told me three meals a day, no In between eating. The pre-op suggestion of five small meals a day went out the window. I believe it's because the extended times between meals makes your body burn the fat for the energy it needs. Keep the faith...it gets easier.

Edited by Camarolegend