Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mindless eating and daily no no's ...

Hi all ...

I am 3 months post gastric bypass and am finding the nibbling and snacking can really sneak up on me. A "bite" here and a "handfull" there and before I know it I have had more then I should. I can't see my future eating to NEVER include an indulgence however every day is probably not the best route to go. I can bypass the donuts at the office and the candy on desks ... my problem is the salty and crunchy ... I need crunch like I need air!!! I am still losing well and I feel awesome so I don't think it has become a problem per say but I can see it doing so if I don't develope better snacking habits. Anyone else having this issue so soon after their surgery? It was sooooo easy before my procedure to say "Im going to be so good....no WAY will I do anything to screw up this chance I have been given" but wow is it hard to just ALWAYS walk away from every temptation!!!

For me, it is walking away from the Peanut Butter jar.

For crunch, I suggest puffed rice chips in various flavors.

• Plan for it. Find nutritious low cal replacements.
Do not bring anything in the house you can't eat in a sensible manner.food diary. Seriously plan your 3 meals and 2 Snacks. We are food addicts we must eat with purpose or set ourselves up to fail. I use Myfitnesspal and most days I pre-plan my meals. At the end of the day, I edit to match what I actually ate. It keeps me accountable.Do not directly eat out of "family size bags". Buy those snack size ziplocks. When you find your snack that you can safely eat in small portions. Buy the box/bag or whatever but then separate into single servings according to YOUR food plan. Example: I used to love ginger snap Cookies. In the winter I loved having a cup of coco and some Cookies in the evening. However I could eat half a box pre surgery. What I started doing is separating the box into serving sizes. 3 cookies is a serving. This got me through last winter.

Edited by Blerdgirl

For me, it is walking away from the Peanut Butter jar.[/quote

Comfort for me is not mac and cheese or mashed potatoes. It's eating several tablespoons of Peanut Butter straight from the jar. It's also how I got through my third pregnancy. So, yep, I've had to walk away, but I confess I want so badly to finish the two jars of natural PB I still have in the cupboard.

Plan for it. I'll admit PB is not a weakness for me. I tend to buy almond or cashew butter. However I will allow myself one tbsp of it. Added to vanilla Protein powder and blended in my nutra bullet it is heavenly. It's god Protein, healthy fats and lots of that nutty taste I like.

Speaking of good bariatric recipe sites, does anyone else have some good ones?

Speaking of good bariatric recipe sites, does anyone else have some good ones?

I've made some stuff from bariatricfoodie.com and my family ate it up with minimal complaints

Try Carmel rice cake with thin layer of natural peanut butter.... Delicious solves the sweet and crunchy and a few nuts and you cover the salty.

I'm sure everyone has looked there, but I find a lot of stull on Pinterest and tweak a bit to my tastes.