Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Love the photos!!

Well I had an embarressing moment today. In town shopping for graduation stuff. Stopped at our local 'Good food Store' organic foods, to pick up some gluten free stuff for my eldest daughter. We decided to get something to eat since it was 3 pm and hadn't had any food. I was careful with my selection, a tuna melt. This was my first meal out and about. Without thinking I ordered an ice tea because I was dieing of thirst. Well, took a bite of sandwich and followed up with a drink, and you guessed it, right there at the table it came back up. I surely hope that no one saw me. Fortunately I had a pile of napkins and was able to catch most of it. My next stop was the suppliment aisle and picked up the papya enzyme. How do you all eat out, how do you remember. I imagine it comes with practice.

Tonight I made Steph's chicken salad, put it in a bed of cantalope. Had about 1/4 cup cantelope and 1/4 c chicken salad. It is fabulous!!! It is definitely making an appearance at the quilting week. I actually remembered to stop eating before I got stuffed. I'm still hungry, but I only had a Protein smoothie, 1/2 a Protein Bar and dinner. Probably low in calories. How much do you guys eat at a meal? I'm making between 1/3 to 1/2 cup at a meal when it isn't a liquid. My energy level is okay, so am I doing okay?

Love the photos!!

Well I had an embarressing moment today. In town shopping for graduation stuff. Stopped at our local 'Good food Store' organic foods, to pick up some gluten free stuff for my eldest daughter. We decided to get something to eat since it was 3 pm and hadn't had any food. I was careful with my selection, a tuna melt. This was my first meal out and about. Without thinking I ordered an ice tea because I was dieing of thirst. Well, took a bite of sandwich and followed up with a drink, and you guessed it, right there at the table it came back up. I surely hope that no one saw me. Fortunately I had a pile of napkins and was able to catch most of it. My next stop was the suppliment aisle and picked up the papya enzyme. How do you all eat out, how do you remember. I imagine it comes with practice.

Tonight I made Steph's chicken salad, put it in a bed of cantalope. Had about 1/4 cup cantelope and 1/4 c chicken salad. It is fabulous!!! It is definitely making an appearance at the quilting week. I actually remembered to stop eating before I got stuffed. I'm still hungry, but I only had a Protein smoothie, 1/2 a protein bar and dinner. Probably low in calories. How much do you guys eat at a meal? I'm making between 1/3 to 1/2 cup at a meal when it isn't a liquid. My energy level is okay, so am I doing okay?

Karla

I don't order a drink when I am eating out. I might have an ice tea if it's to go so that I can drink it later. My instructions that I can't drink for 30 minutes. It takes pratice but I really don't think to much about it anymore and heck you save $1.99 + tax by not ordering a drink - I say just Water and may have a sip or 2 before my meal

How long ago did you eat - how long are you staying full.

There is a big diff between being pouch full and still being hungry - I am that right now - my stomach is full - ate just a little chicken & veggie - my stomach is truly not hungry - but I am - I want to eat - I want to taste food .. That's why I got on the computer - to be distracted..

I have always eat at least 1 cup of food - if not 1 1/2 cups- for me I have to be able to satistfy my mental hunger as well as my stomach hunger - I don't want to live the rest of my life eating 1/2 cup of food - that's just not enough food imho but that's me - I personally think you are too tight and way to tight to be ordering a sandwich - I never order a sandwhich - you are not going to get enough protein before you are full or stuck on the bread..

Oh I take that back - On the cruise i had an egg salad sandwich but just ate the egg not the bread - they didn't have any food at this one snack place that would be considered band friendly..

----------------------------------------------------

There are tons of post that werent' there when I posted this morning :0)

Linda - my old neighbohood was sorta like that - well at least me and racheal my next door neighbor.. Sounds like you had fun and that's what counts

Candice & Phyl - you both have great taste in clothes what can I say - Great pic's Candice - omg girl you change hair do's and color like I change shoes :0)

Phyl - Have you tried the iced coffees - ff milk sf hazelnut and coffee $1.95 and it's good - I know that a light mocha frapachinnos small is like 90 calories... $7.50 omw that's hwy robbery..

Candice - We have Mermorial Day (those who have died) in May and Veterans Day (those that lived) in November - we love holidays - the more the merrier - New Yrs - President Day - Mermorial Day - 4th July - Labor Day - Vet day (well most of us don't get this day off) Thanksgiving Christmas

but we do get off for Good Friday..

Janet, I went with the sandwich because that was all they had, I figured I'd have one bite of the whole sandwich and then eat the tuna, cheese, veggies. I wasn't thinking with the drink, definitely will be working on it. So on average, you can eat 1 cup without pain and still maintain weight? I am working to keep my food quality. My body hasn't figured out the head vs stomach hungry. Yep, I will have to go and get an unfill, or at least go to the doc in kalispell so that I can officially be his patient. Thanks for the suggestions. Also, what does the papya enzyme do? Does it make me PB or just break down the food. Can you use it when you are in public?

Candice & Phyl - you both have great taste in clothes what can I say - Great pic's Candice - omg girl you change hair do's and color like I change shoes :0)

Phyl - Have you tried the iced coffees - ff milk sf hazelnut and coffee $1.95 and it's good - I know that a light mocha frapacinnos small is like 90 calories... $7.50 omw that's hwy robbery..

Uhhh..... it's the SAME dress, Janet! That dress LOVES to go on cruises. Candace gave it to me with some other clothes when we were at M of A. She didn't wear the jacket... I wanted to cover up my arms.... and I was FREEZING! Seems like they kept ALL areas of that ship COLD!

I don't like my coffee iced even in hot weather. I always get SF, FF, triple or quad shot, but 16 oz, so it's usually around $4. Skagway Starbucks price was almost DOUBLE!

Janet, I went with the sandwich because that was all they had, I figured I'd have one bite of the whole sandwich and then eat the tuna, cheese, veggies. I wasn't thinking with the drink, definitely will be working on it. So on average, you can eat 1 cup without pain and still maintain weight? I am working to keep my food quality. My body hasn't figured out the head vs stomach hungry. Yep, I will have to go and get an unfill, or at least go to the doc in kalispell so that I can officially be his patient. Thanks for the suggestions. Also, what does the papya enzyme do? Does it make me PB or just break down the food. Can you use it when you are in public?

Papaya tabs just help settle your stomach down and help you digest. They're chewable and taste pleasant. When that doesn't help, I slowly drink a small can of pineapple juice.< /span>

12_4_70.gif

Good morning ladies, back to school, 2 weeks left. I am only working 3 days this week since graduation is this weekend and the family is arriving, so I am taking Friday and Monday off. I hope to weed eat tonight when I get home. Going to have Steph's chicken salad for lunch. The kiddies will be bouncing off the wall, except for this morning. They always are like zombies after a 3 day weekend because the don't go to bed or get up early. Hope everyone has a good day.

Karla - even during my weight loss phase I ate 1 to 1.5 cups of food per meal - it's all about your food choices.

BF about a cup - lunch a cup - dinner usually 1.5 cups

No I have NO PAIN when I eat - you shouldn't have pain when you eat (granted if you don't chew or eat too fast you will - but if you follow banders rules you shouldnt)

I rarely eat cheese I use to be a BIG cheese eater - cheese is very fattening and I don't really care for the non fat kind - everynow and then I will have grilled cheese 2% - but like 1 every 6 months - Cheese - using 1 tub of margine a week - Fired foods and large quanites of starches - sweets

I really do eat low fat - limited sugar and starches...

For me it's a treat to go eat mexican food - I love it for the cheese :0)

I am one of those pple who beleives that we have to change the way we eat - alot of the banders say I didn't get banded to diet - I just want to eat smaller quainties of the food I already eat - Well for me it's about eating healthier - I still eat some of the foods I use to eat - taco enchillas biscuts and gravy - but these are now treats and only eaten occaissionally not daily - I haven't had a home made chip dripping in grease since being banded and I really don't miss them too very much :0) (corn tortilla fired ) On a weekend I would make bean dip (a large can or refried Beans with a whole block of cheese - green onions and hot sauce) and home made corn tortilla chips - and I would eat it all weekend - loved it total comfort food.

Now I use a one cup bowl add the green onion hot sauce and just 1/3 c of 2% cheese and count our 24 tostido's chips and enjoy .. Again this is not sometime I do often - (mayby 2 times since being banded)

I don't justify eating high calorie foods with the amount of exercise I do - Exercise is not counted against what I eat -cuz I think this allows you to eat more 1200 calories less 300 calories totals 900 for the day - I didn't do that I ate 1200 and exercise was $$ in the bank for me and it worked for me as I never hit a plateu (sp) - I rather eat 4 oz of fish 4oz of rice and 4 oz of veggies (310 cal) instead of 17 tato chips l with 6 tablespoons of dip (approx 310 calories) - I am still a volume eater - I want the most amount of food for the least amount of calories...

Good morning ladies. :smile: I know, I'm terrible for checking in regularly. I had a lovely restful time over Memorial Day weekend though. I didn't overeat. Too much. I had a couple of beers yesterday and they were wonderful, but two was enough for me. I'm down another pound this week. :eek: I may not be logging in on a regular basis, but the forum is always on my mind these days and at least keeping me pretty honest.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Oh. Thank you Karla for the e-mail. If I hadn't seen it sitting in my Inbox I probably would not have logged in again today. :smile:

Good morning ladies. :blush: I know, I'm terrible for checking in regularly. I had a lovely restful time over Memorial Day weekend though. I didn't overeat. Too much. I had a couple of beers yesterday and they were wonderful, but two was enough for me. I'm down another pound this week. :blush: I may not be logging in on a regular basis, but the forum is always on my mind these days and at least keeping me pretty honest. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

So glad you're back, Ruby!

Keep hangin' out with us!

We need each other!

Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!I broke the 40 pound mark!!!! I weighed myself this morning and didn't believe it!!! I had to weigh 3 times to make sure it wasn't wrong. So I have lost 42 pounds in just over 2 months!!! I hope that I can keep this up when I get an unfill!! Got the yard weedeated and the pond fixed and ponds plants cleaned & fertilized and put back in the pond, the deck cleaned off, the flower pots cleaned. So all I have left is to find my bedroom, sewing room, and Shampoo carpets!!! I'm getting there. Alexa has her last band concert tomorrow. It will be sad, I just hope I don't cry.

Going to try some solid Protein tonight, I hope it goes down, I have Steph's chicken salad as backup. Well thanks to all of you who go me addicted to farm town....I have to go harvest.

weight.png

Karla- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :blush::thumbup::blush:

I am in the process of begging, groveling, whatever it takes to please please please get a new job. I may know next week, or I may have to wait till school starts in Aug.

Karla

CONGRATS !!! :blush: WTG !!! :blush:

Ruby

Girl you gotta stick around !!!

Ok - I am freaking pissed off - Andrew brought a dog home - i told him no more animals - his dad said that he could bring bear but andrew decided he wanted a new dog - HELL FREAKING NO - NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH AM I TAKING IN ANOTHER DOG - I DON'T CARE IF IT'S FOR ONE DAY OR 6 WEEKS - NO MORE ANIMAL!!!

So he is moving out tonite.. to Janelle's

and at this point I don't care - I told him yesterday - that he wasn't going to get another dog up there and then decide to come home and bring it - NO MORE ANIMAL'S !!!

Oh I am so pissed off right now - he did a sloppy job painting - now I get to clean that mess up - oh I am so ready to live alone - well me and the 2 dogs and 1 cat

Denise, we will put a new job into our prayers!!!

I am definitely getting an unfill when school is out. Managed to eat about 1/4 c of soft chicken but with a lot of pain. This seems the strangest thing, I can eat Jerky in the afternoon, but not any Protein at night. GRRR...

Janet, I totally understand the pet issues, even though I was the one who got the last dog. Daughter #3 who is/was married to a Navy boy, is getting a divorce (he was cheating on her) but...she has 4 cats and 1 dog. One of the cats pees all over, and her dog is not house broken although it is 2 years old. She is always welcome, but I can not deal with all the animals. We have 3 dogs and a cat already, I can't handle 4 dogs and 5 cats. My house only is 1100sq.ft. What you are probably more upset about is the fact that you told him that he could not bring in another dog. Maybe it is easier for him to go when you are mad at him, so subconsciously he did the thing that he knew would make you freak. This is just my 2 cents, but dang the ones we love sure can twist us around. I too am looking forward, maybe, to living alone. The scary thing....I never have. Not once have I ever lived alone...if things work as my children plan, I will be alone come September. I am looking forward to it, I will miss my girls, but I think it will be a new adventure. My luck...my dad will take a bad turn and my mother will move in with me. If she does, Janet, can I move in with you? Hang in there, Andrew knows you love him and you DO have the right to establish your house rules.

Thanks everyone for the congrats...I am amazed I made it this far, 10 more pounds and I will be half way home. Also, Janet & Phyll, thanks for answering my questions.

Woah Janet! Andrew sure made it easier for you now didn't he? You absolutely did the right thing. What did he think was going to happen? Karla may be right on the money--otherwise it makes no sense at all.