Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi Kari

YES, if you decide you can do it... then PM me your street address and phone numbers...

I'll program them into my GPS and Cell phone and then I won't get lost picking you up!!!

I completly forgot to CONGRATULATE you on your huge goal of 101... that is awesome!!! Fantastic news

Edited by peaches9

I WANNA RUN!!!!! I am upset cause I can't run. I know...day after tomorrow I get to run for almost 3 hours...but I wanna run today!

Karri - I wish I had your determination to exercise -I do it but like tonite I could but it's my day off and I won't get to do my cardio on Saturday so I do plan on going first thing in the morning... But it's not like I WANT TO.

Good for you girl - I am so proud of you...

Sounds so good. I'm gonna have to check with DH. It shouldn't be a problem, but I am not a car rider. But, if you're coming in through Port Huron and going down 69, you're within a half hour of my house. And, I can even sleep on the floor. Done it before. I gotta think about it. I do so want to go and meet evryone.

Janet-I got on the scale this morning and I MADE IT ! ! ! 190 lbs. 101 lbs lost. 35-40 more to goal. WHOO-HOO !!!

[/url]

Have a good time in Vegas, and remember..........don't lose your shirt. OOPS, should have said that hot dress.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

I am SO bored!

Here we are "babysitting" 18 & 19 yr old who are never here!!

GS came home, showered and went to his girlfriend's house.

GD came home from work, boyfriend in tow,

introduced us to him & left again!

So, very tempting to just go home.

But then what if he's still with her when they get back.

We don't know if they were in one car or two.

So, we're prisoners here.

I want my laptop. I want my recliner!

I want to sleep in my own bed!

FIVE more days... we're half way there!!

TIDBIT from July/August Saturday Night Post:

Of course I overeat when I'm stressed!!

Don't you know "stressed"

spelled backwards is

DESSERTS!!

3_13_14.gif

That's the kind of babysitting we're used to doing!!

We figured out BF car not there,

so GD will be alone when she comes home,

which will be in the wee small hours of the morning.

So we decided to come home!!

No point in being there! Kids are never there!

We'll try again tomorrow.

Need to establish our presence for the weekend!!

So there will be no party planning!

Are we having FUN yet????

I got home form the Salvation Army clinic last night and as I was washing up, DS called and asked if I wanted to go night-flying with him in the "little" plane." He has to do 3 take offs and landings every 3 months to keep up his certification in that plane. It's a little two-seater that I wouldn't have even been able to get into a year ago. I love flying, but never went in the little plane. I guess getting into it was a NSV in itself, but the fact that I could go was huge. What a high point (pun intended!)

Kari--Congratulations on aother milestone! You deserve to celebrate! Please, please talk to DH and get in touch with Candice. There's plenty of room at my house and we're staying in a suite at M of A so I'm sure there will be enough room there too.

I am SO bored!

Here we are "babysitting" 18 & 19 yr old who are never here!!

GS came home, showered and went to his girlfriend's house.

GD came home from work, boyfriend in tow,

introduced us to him & left again!

So, very tempting to just go home.

But then what if he's still with her when they get back.

We don't know if they were in one car or two.

So, we're prisoners here.

I want my laptop. I want my recliner!

I want to sleep in my own bed!

FIVE more days... we're half way there!!

TIDBIT from July/August Saturday Night Post:

Of course I overeat when I'm stressed!!

Don't you know "stressed"

spelled backwards is

DESSERTS!!

3_13_14.gif

That's the kind of babysitting we're used to doing!!

We figured out BF car not there,

so GD will be alone when she comes home,

which will be in the wee small hours of the morning.

So we decided to come home!!

No point in being there! Kids are never there!

We'll try again tomorrow.

Need to establish our presence for the weekend!!

So there will be no party planning!

Are we having FUN yet????

Phyl - you are too funny - yep I know that you are trying to proctect you gd virtue - but lets see 18 - omw I was a mom the mom of a 2 yr old and i never did it in my parents house :thumbs_up:

Yep a presence needs to be made - no parties - so let them think you are spending the night Friday & Sunday - stay til about 11 then go home - As we discussed kids go out time is 10 p.m. (yes gang that's the time they start now a day - not like us who told our parents we were going to the show or spending the night at a gf house and we were with our bf's -well maybe I was the only bad one :thumbs_up:) Also on the Dessert issue - that was the old you not the new you:lol:

I got home form the Salvation Army clinic last night and as I was washing up, DS called and asked if I wanted to go night-flying with him in the "little" plane." He has to do 3 take offs and landings every 3 months to keep up his certification in that plane. It's a little two-seater that I wouldn't have even been able to get into a year ago. I love flying, but never went in the little plane. I guess getting into it was a NSV in itself, but the fact that I could go was huge. What a high point (pun intended!)

Kari--Congratulations on another milestone! You deserve to celebrate! Please, please talk to DH and get in touch with Candice. There's plenty of room at my house and we're staying in a suite at M of A so I'm sure there will be enough room there too.

Linda - You are such a wonderful person for all the community work you do.. How's the mentoring of that girl?? How's the spanish going?

Congrats on the NSV (and yes it was) that's pretty cool and nice that DH asked you - don't know if he gives you props often - but that was one imho

--------------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning Gang

I got my packing done last night - do you know that this whole liquid crap in a QUART size bag - OMG - I don't know how the expect a WOMAN to get all her makeup (face mascara lipsticks eyeliner)- hairspray - gel - lotions - wrinkle creams - eye cream - deodorant - toothpaste - Shampoo - perfume all in that little bag. (Yes gang I am a makeup junkie - beauty junkie) Yes I know that this rule is only for carryon - but I am just going for the weekend have a small bad no need to check - this is just a dumb rule imho.. My quart bag is stuffed - I hope they don't make me throw stuff away..

Well, plan on going to the gym in a bit - since I won't get to exercise tomorrow - but I am not as addicted to it as our darling Karri - I am sorta tired this morning - went to bed around 11:30 last nite up at 6 so hopefully this coffee kicks in.

Sorta getting nervous about this weekend - I really don't know anyone and we have a whole group who knows each other coming from KS - I will do fine I know it - but you guys would never ever believe this I am a little on the shy side.. I know that I don't come across that way - but that's my cover up - I play like I am the confident women - but really inside I am a 2 yr old.. Also here is another interesting fact about me that you wouldn't know - I am an introvert - yes me - after all this play like a grown up - I am going to be wiped out.. And again - it's the whole thing about still being a fat chick in my head - But I will plug forward and over come these issues - I do practice what I preach - Fake it til you Make it :w00t:

Well - it's 7 need to get my butt in gear - well maybe another cup of coffee - I have to leave here around 10:30 -11 to get to airport by 11:30 - plane leaves at 1 - this whole thing about getting to airport to sit around for 2 hrs - again stupid... P S airport isn't big and this time of yr shouldn't be busy - but this was the first place that made me take my thong sandals off - ya right like I had a bomb in them

OMG I am turning the news off - stock market tumbles - gas $7 - this is the reason that everything is such a mess - if the news would report positive stuff then maybe things would be at least a little more positive and not so negative ...

OK - going to get dressed - will cbl:tongue:

If I don't - I love you all - will miss you guys (will go thru withdrawls 2 day without lbt)

Hi gang; Happy FRIDAY

Well, gotta go to work shortly...

Kari, what do you mean about not being a car rider??? I am confused...

Are you anxious in the car? Or do you just like Driving better than passengering???

Are you a non-smoker???

DS has a pilot's license and a small plane. I went up with him years ago... like 1991, and I remember him being concerned about my weight. He took us up in a four seater. I've never been up in his plane. But DH got his license after he retired and I went up with him twice. He had to put less fuel in to compensate for my weight!! And I was a nervous wreck! I didn't want to tell him, but my door sort of popped part way open on takeoff one of those trips! And my seat belt came undone! So I was hanging on to the other seat for dear life!! DS is just finishing building a new plane.. very small, too, but maybe some day I can go up in that one with him! He's been working on it for 12 years and it's now ready for him to put the wings on. I really don't enjoy the ride because I'm nervous, but I LOVE the opportunity to take pictures, so I have gone those few times!

7_10_5.gif

7_15_4.gif

Janet just called to say she's arrived in Vegas

after a bit of a turbulent flight.

She's getting Dramamine for the trip home Sunday! She's checked in to her hotel....

fabulous room, she says, and she's excited about starting her weekend with the LapBand folks, and strutting her stuff in that slinky, sexy dress tomorrow night!

12_3_125.gif

Her room is on the 59th floor of the 60 story WYNN, so she has a fabulous view of the Vegas strip. Trump Towers is right across the street.

No internet until she gets home Sunday night, so she asked me to fill you alll in.

Candace

Not being good in a car. I am good for maybe three or four hours, then I get real antsy. I usually try to sleep in the car. I'm not good at driving long distances because I tend to zone out. Smoking? I'm an ex smoker. Had to quit, didn't want to so, if you smoke, I enjoy second hand smoke just as much as first hand smoke.

I threw out the suggestion this morning to DH and he didn't give me an answer either way. I'll work on him though. I do have a question though. I went on line last night and checked out the ferry. Do you think we could pass as senior citizens (65)?? The senior rate is half the price.15_2_118.gif

My band really tightened up today. Had a package of morning minis for Breakfast, ate three of them and gave the rest to DH. I was stuffed. Then, went to a steam engine show and DH and I got a sausage burger for lunch. Gave DH half of it too. Then we joined a group of friends for dinner at Wendy's and had one of their new chicken wraps (like Mcdonalds) and DH had to finish half that one too. Evening snack was a slice of watermelon. I am stuffed ! !

8_4_145.gifHAVE A GREAT WEEK-END, LADIES. MAKE GOOD food CHOICES AND LET'S ENJOY THAT scale MOVING.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZSYYYYYYNWUS

Good morning ladies. :biggrin2:

For some reason I wasn't getting e-mail notifications for new posts to the thread. Again. :party: So I had to come here manually. And even log in! :lol:

Things have been going well. Mostly. Depending on your point of view. I've been concentrating a lot on exercising. Loving every minute of it! :biggrin2: I'm going half an hour on the treadmill 6 days a week. I do Aikido class 2-3 times a week, which works my core and my mind and after an hour session leaves me sweaty, tired, but invigorated. I'm doing a half hour weight session 3 times a week on my arms. That started out a little tough and my arms were achey for a day or two later, but I'm starting to get into the swing of things now. :couch2: I've been swimming half an hour a session a couple of times a week as well. I'm not drinking nearly as much of the pool Water as I did when I first started out. :couch2: And occasionally I'll practise my Aikido weapons with my hubby outside of regular class times to try and get things to stick in my head. Not too successful with the brain stuff. :)

So as you can see my activity and exercise level has increased a lot this month. I often forget to log my exercise and treadmill distances and times. I'm thinking I've reached a level where I don't have to do that any more. I started out needing the incentive to get me to the gym and to log my progress. I don't feel like I need to do that anymore. But I should have something to adjust in my signature on a regular basis if only to get me to keep coming back to the thread.

Oh, despite all this extra activity my scale has been yo-yoing. Last week I was down to 173 but this week I'm up to 176. :tt2: It doesn't bother me though. I bought a pair of size 8 pants last week that I wanted to wear to a wedding reception last night. They fit nicely in the store. That surprised me. The last time I was a single digit size my mother was still buying my clothes. :party: But I put them on last night and they were baggy! :huh2: So in spite of the number on the scale, I'm not worried at all because I'm feeling firmer in my arms, smaller in my tummy and ecstatic in my head. That final point being the most important thing one all. :couch2:

Hope everyone is being good and behaving themselves. I don't visit here nearly as often as I did, mostly because I'm actually out and about these days, not sticking myself in front of the computer and staying there. :party:

Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at it. :couch2:

Hope everyone is being good and behaving themselves. I don't visit here nearly as often as I did, mostly because I'm actually out and about these days, not sticking myself in front of the computer and staying there. :tt2:

OUCH!

So you think I should get a life??

gal.gif

23_1_82.gif

Hey Everybody,

I haven't been here in a few days. Thursday we had a really bad storm roll through. It lightened big time. I think the house or something right outside got hit. We lost 3 T.V.'s, the cable modem (no internet), 2 telephones, and my alarm system is screwed up. The motion sensor stays on.

We went Thursday night to get a small T.V. at Walmart. I used a credit card so the man had to check my license. He said, "This doesn't look anything like you, but I'll let it go."

So I looked at it, he's right, it looks like a fat ole lady.

Ain't that a freakin hoot !!!!!

I finished it in an unofficial 2:41:11 according to my i-pod. Race results have not been posted yet. I will update as soon as I have.

The run did not go as I had planned. I was not able to run the entire thing due to a MAJOR injury at mile 8. My leg is quite swollen...but I pushed through the pain as much as I could and slow jogged as much as possible. The achilles tendon is very sore and yes...I shed tears on the course from the pain. I also ALMOST threw up from the pain. The couse was AWFUL. I don't know how you get a circular course to be almost all uphill... but they did. We also started late and the last 5 miles are in the open...no shade and it was 89 degrees by the time I finished. However, I am still thrilled with my results. My ultimate goal was to be under 2:30...but that was pretty farfetched. Had I not had an injury...I would have easily made it. For the first 8 miles I was averaging a 10:33 min/mile. I would have EASILY been in under the time. However, even with walking part and the injury...I still made it in under my reasonable goal of 2:45. As I said before...I don't have the official results yet and I forgot to turn off my ipod so the time should be more like 2:40 something.

I am VERY pleased with the run. I was afraid that I would be disappointed in myself...but I am not...This is an AMAZING accomplishment. I am so proud of myself. I have not only overcome 105 extra pounds, but if you could feel the pain that I experienced through most of this run...you would understand why I couldnt' run the entire thing. The pain in my leg was so severe that at one point the aid station people suggested that they call a medic. Since my leg was not discolored or bruised I figured that the tendon had not torn and I was going to finish. I walked/limped as fast as I could and did run the last mile. That takes determination and guts.

I did it...I did it...I did it!

I finished it in an unofficial 2:41:11 according to my i-pod. Race results have not been posted yet. I will update as soon as I have.

The run did not go as I had planned. I was not able to run the entire thing due to a MAJOR injury at mile 8. My leg is quite swollen...but I pushed through the pain as much as I could and slow jogged as much as possible. The achilles tendon is very sore and yes...I shed tears on the course from the pain. I also ALMOST threw up from the pain. The couse was AWFUL. I don't know how you get a circular course to be almost all uphill... but they did. We also started late and the last 5 miles are in the open...no shade and it was 89 degrees by the time I finished. However, I am still thrilled with my results. My ultimate goal was to be under 2:30...but that was pretty farfetched. Had I not had an injury...I would have easily made it. For the first 8 miles I was averaging a 10:33 min/mile. I would have EASILY been in under the time. However, even with walking part and the injury...I still made it in under my reasonable goal of 2:45. As I said before...I don't have the official results yet and I forgot to turn off my ipod so the time should be more like 2:40 something.

I am VERY pleased with the run. I was afraid that I would be disappointed in myself...but I am not...This is an AMAZING accomplishment. I am so proud of myself. I have not only overcome 105 extra pounds, but if you could feel the pain that I experienced through most of this run...you would understand why I couldnt' run the entire thing. The pain in my leg was so severe that at one point the aid station people suggested that they call a medic. Since my leg was not discolored or bruised I figured that the tendon had not torn and I was going to finish. I walked/limped as fast as I could and did run the last mile. That takes determination and guts.

You did it...You did it...You did it!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Now take care of that foot!