Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I ate too, Janet. As my daughter said, "Mom, it's Thanksgiving. Enjoy it and get back on track Friday." Been riding my exerbike about two hours each day this week in preparation. Anyway< I am back on track and ready to lose another ten.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope your holiday was good. I went in on Wed to have a slight defill. She took out .25 cc, so now I have 6.25. I think it was just about right. I still have restriction (yeah!!!), but I can actually eat food now.

Funny thing happened to me on Thurs (not our Thanksgiving). I was at a conference in Toronto with a business partner. Turns out she was banded by the same surgeon a year ago and has lost 75 lbs. I new she had lost some weight, and was noticing that she was eating very slowly and very little (sound familiar). So in the afternoon, I mentioned to her about my surgery. That's when she told me about her's. She loves hers as much as I love mine.

I got great news today. In Oct. my DH started full time at the hospital. He has been working there for 5+ years part time. It's very hard to actually get a full time job. So when he was offered the 3-11 shift he jumped at it. But 3-11 is horrible for us. I travel a fair bit, so he had to do a lot of switching of shifts. Also, 3-11 doesn't give him much of a chance to see the kids. So he was pretty depressed about it. Today, his boss told him that in January he will be moving to the 10-6 shift... this is perfect!!!!

We it's 23 degrees F here and clear sky. We put up all our Christmas decorations on the weekend (I know it's early for you guys, but not here in Canada) and the front of the house looks so good. Then yesterday we had a pretty good snow storm... very festive. Going on Sunday to cut down our tree! I love Christmas!!!

Sunny... great to hear from you and congrats on your weight loss!! I'll put you down for Level 2 (lose 1 to 4 lbs between Dec. 15 to Jan. 2).

Mango... again, got you down for Level 2.

Jeanie... Oh I miss you. Way to go on the weight loss!

Greetings Everyone:

It's been quite a while since I've been here and posted, but I thought I'd come on to see how everyone is doing.

First - for those who may not remember me. I originally signed on in June and went for my band on 7/16. During surgery my surgeon accidentally tore my esophagus and punctured my liver. Consequently, those two problems needed to be repaired - and because of where the "injury" was, I am no longer a candidate for the lapband due to scar tissue in the area where the band should be.

The last check up I had was at the end of August, and my surgeon informed me I could still have the gastric bypass performed in January - which will give me six months of healing. To make a long story short, I was really up in the air about what to do.

I think - 95% sure - that even though I didn't want to have the bypass done, I'm going to go for it. When I originally went to the surgeon for the lapband, I weighed 233 lbs. During my last meal syndrome which lasted for more than one meal, I went up to 247. The day of my surgery, I was 232 lbs.

I am currently 227 pounds. So, here I sit - 4 months after I should have been banded - and down 5 pounds. Not very good, but it could be worse.

To all of you, CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS. I've read a few pages and you are doing so well, and I'm so very proud of each and everyone of you. The holidays can be so difficult, but you seem to have made it through Thanksgiving with flying colors. Keep up the good work.

I hope my words will make any of you - who are not happy with your results, or feel you've been at a plateau, or think you should have lost more by now - REMEMBER where you were in July before your surgeries and grateful for your success.

CONGRAT'S AGAIN !!!!

Priscilla

Hello all my band mates. I have been shopping all day and came home about 2 hours ago and put things away and showered and now have been setting trying to relax. I am now down to 206. Feeling great!!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY FILL RIGHT NOW!!! Yesterday went fine. No problems. I chose to make dinner because my band is tighter during the day and I knew I would not eat much. I have actually been making myself eat most days because I know that I need to. I am never really hungry. Head hunger has been absent too. I actually think this is working!!! LOL Anyway, I made dinner, ner even licked my fingers or munched AT ALL while making it. At the meal I ate VERY little turkey and 2 deviled egg halves and I was finished. Later I did have pumpkin pie with everyone but I had made a Fat Free recipe from weight watchers. I made the filling and filled 2 pie crusts and then made a small crustless pumpkin pie. It was the first time in my life that I was not miserably stuffed after eating on Thanksgiving. The food was totally functional for me yesterday. While telling what I am thankful this year I really choked up because my list is endless. Most of all I am thankful for my family and my health again. And I am thankful for all of you. You all keep me focused. For that I thank you.

Today was a whirlwind day. Went shopping and bought myself a leather jacket from Penny's. They are originally $200 and this morning they had them for $48.88. I went and guess what.......SIZE LARGE PETITE!!!!! I actually bought 2 in hopes that the size large will become TOO large and I will need the medium. The jacket is even form fitting and I actually like how I look in it. I off course had to buy myself a new pair of black mules to go with my jacket because I was wearing my brown mules and wanted to wear my jacket right away. DH gave me a wonderful compliment when I got home. He came in the house after I got home and when he seen me he said 'wow you look HOT.' LOL First off you have to know my DH.......very quiet and reserved so it was funny to hear him say this.

My size 16 pants are getting really baggy in the butt, legs and around the waist so soon they will be ready to be packed away and I will be getting ready to move on down to the 14's. I am holding off until I am at 200 and then I will try them on. I don't want to do it yet because I am so afraid of being disappointed and figure why do that to myself. Gee thats new for me....thinking of myself and how I will feel. LOL Many things are changing.

Sounds like everyone done fine yesterday. Congrats to you all!! :whoo: We made it through out first big holiday.

Kathy I would like to be a level 2 if you would please put me down for that. The Christmas challenge? Who is keeping track of this? My goal is to be at 199 by Christmas. Anyone else up for this one?

Jackie--I, too, have a goal of 199, but I am giving myself till Jan 1 to make it. That will be 9 1/2 pounds for me, but I can do it!

There has been A LOT of talk about diamond rings at our house this weekend. I think both my son and my daughter and their respective gf/bf went ring shopping yesterday. Now, that's motivating! Do you think I will be able to fit into size 10 Mother-of-the Bride/Groom dresses this summer? My size 16W jeans are baggy now. You guys will be the first to know when the rings are on the fingers! I am so happy, I could burst. I love both the gf and the bf! I have sooooooo much to be thankful for!

Priscilla--It's really good to hear from you. I am so glad to hear that you still have the option of bypass surgery. Please keep checking in from time to time to let us know how you are doing.

I'm BaaaaAAAACK!

The cruise was GREAT and I have determined that the cruise companies and the diet companies are in co-hoots! Not a lot of food was edible (for me...sent me to the bathroom more than once to PB...I learned to do a lot of licking!). BUT, the Desserts were EASY to get down! I have to admit there were times that I had TWO desserts...even took one to my room (there was this souffle that was to die for!). I managed to stay the EXACT same weight! (So for all of you who thoought that I was ahead on the Thanksgiving Challenge...well, I only made it 7 lbs., but considering what I ate these past two weeks...still not too bad!) Must've been all that walking I did...and sweating! Not to mention that session in the spa where I had "toxins removed from my body with algae" (whatever! it was free!)

Pictures to come, but internet is slow and I have to get used to the waiting again...

It's good to be home with my Protein shakes...can you believe I said that?

Phyll - do we have a Challenge Final list?

Will post the final numbers soon.... probably tomorrow. Need to hear from a few more. Please PM me with your final in terms of how many pounds lost, not your ending weight because I don't have a starting weight for everyone. Just tell me how much you lost for the month. Tomorrow is my last day with unlimited internet for a few days, and we'll be getting ready to "hit the road" early Monday morning, but should have time to do that some time during the day.

I got a fill on Wednesday, and lost a pound on Turkey Day. I could barely eat anything, it was great!!!

Now next week I am going to DisneyWorld and am hoping to lose 3 lbs. while there (1 week). That will put me in for a 70lbs. loss. I can't believe I have lost this much weight. It's like surreal. Before the band even 5 lbs. seemed impossible. When I reach 185 lbs. I will have lost 2/3 of my excess weight. I hope to achieve that by x-mas. What a great x-mas present!

Hey can I join in with you guys? I just found this thread. I was banded July 20th 2007, had one fill and am only down 30. Going for my 2nd Wednesday. Down about not losing much, eating poorly now. PB only when I eat too fast or dont chew a lot. I hope 2nd fill will help. I know I need to get on the exercise thing. I did well for about a month. Any suggestions would be great. What are the challenges about? are you just tally-ing in your monthly weight loss? Tammy

Hey can I join in with you guys? I just found this thread. I was banded July 20th 2007, had one fill and am only down 30. Going for my 2nd Wednesday. Down about not losing much, eating poorly now. PB only when I eat too fast or dont chew a lot. I hope 2nd fill will help. I know I need to get on the exercise thing. I did well for about a month. Any suggestions would be great. What are the challenges about? are you just tally-ing in your monthly weight loss? Tammy

Tammy sure you can join us. WELCOME!! We just did one challenge and we had all signed up to loss 10 lbs from Halloween to Thanksgiving. There are a couple of new challenges for Christmas also. Feel free to join in. You will absolutely love this group. There is alot of support here. Welcome and tell us more about yourself.

That will put me in for a 70lbs. loss. I can't believe I have lost this much weight. It's like surreal.

Congrats cazulay! You're doing an amazing job! :biggrin1:

I hope 2nd fill will help.

Welcome Tammy! Good luck with your 2nd fill!

I had a weird PB episode earlier this evening (I know, TMI) ... ya'll might (or might not) recall I had to go for an unfill last week because fill number 3 was wayy too tight and I was PB'ing just about everything. Well, since my unfill I've had no problems except with the pain of the "first bite syndrome" but no PB's. So earlier I was eating dinner, there was no first bite syndrome pain-in-the-chest and all was going down good and then all the sudden with no warning I PB'd ... I'm wondering if it was the corn I ate. Has anyone had a problem with corn? Figured my band might not like the little corn skins ... who knows! Back to liquids for the next day or so and no more corn for me ... :wacko:

Hi everyone....... did anyone do the black friday shopping? well I did and it didn't start out so well. I went to Value City at midnight and there was a stampede when the doors were opened, a little old man was laying on the ground, horrible. Left there went to Circuit City, Target, Menards and Radio Shack, got some great deals, so I'm practically done shopping.....I kept my eating pretty much in check on thanksgiving, I had two small meals and little bit of everything except the turkey, I had a feeling it wouldn't go down so I didn't chance it. Hope you guys enjoyed your day.