Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Nichole--I am going to have to pass on the December challenge. It's too cold and dark and nasty to go outside and walk anymore, and DH says I spent too much money already this year, so no treadmill in the basement :). I just can not get myself to go out in the cold once I get home from work. This time of year we go to work in the dark and come home in the dark (well, maybe that is exaggerating, but not much--November is a cloudy, blustery, miserable month). I know that I should--you guys don't have to get on my case. I just simply don't want to. I wish all of you the best, and I will be watching the reports of your progress.

The good news is that I went in the basement last weekend and found some old jackets and a coat that I can wear this winter so that will save some money.

I completely understand, and if I had to pay for a gym membership, I would have a hard time too. That's one of the advantages of living here on the reservation because we get access to a free gym and free personal trainers. Now if only I would use them. :)

At this point I am not drinking anything thicker than chicken broth cause it just hurts too bad. I am really light headed and unable to concentrate because I have had 1000 calories in 2 days. I couldn't even make it to 500 calories yesterday.

This sounds like me! Hope you're better soon salsa!

Well my fill is just about killing me. Yesterday I was tight in the morning, loose in the afternoon (I actually ate solid food! :biggrin1:) then tight again in the evening :)... today it's been tight all day (I've PB'd 3 times) and can't get anything thicker than broth to stay down sooo I called my doc in TJ and going back down there tomorrow for an unfill. I certainly hope they don't unfill me completely ... I imagine they'll just take .1 or .2 out since I only received .3 at my fill last weekend. I was irked to find out I have to pay another $100 for fluoro and you can bet I'll be raising hell about that tomorrow! It'll be nice to finally EAT and go back to drinking COLD Water instead of icky room temperature stuff tho. :)

Hello all. It is so good to read everything. I am so sorry I have been MIA for a while. I was sick with respiratory issues and then just life, work, etc. Everyone is losing so well. I feel like the turtle, not the hare.

Peaches, I can totally relate to your feelings about slow weight loss. I see so many losing 50 and 60 lbs and I am just 30 lbs down. I know I need to add more exercise, but it is hard to exercise when you cannot breathe. Now I should start slowly trying to do something.

I just got my 2nd fill yesterday morning. I am also worrying I may be too tight. Doc says I have a total of 2 cc in 4cc band. yesterday I could drink Water ok but nothing else. My doc has stop in once a month to weigh but I felt I needed more than that so I joined TOPS (take of pounds sensibly). They meet weekly, are much cheaper than weight watchers ($4/month vs $12/week) and are a great supportive group. it turns out the leader is a girl I went to high school with in Savannah. It's a small word. Anyway, I have been going since Oct 8 and I have lost 12 lbs. So it really has helped motivate me and having to weight each week does keep you on your toes. Talk with you later...

Sunny - So happy to have you back - and yes being accountable is good thing - I haven't ever been to TOPS - but if it's anything like WW it's will be very good for you... Congrats on the 12 lbs:clap2:

Nichole--I am going to have to pass on the December challenge. It's too cold and dark and nasty to go outside and walk anymore, and DH says I spent too much money already this year, so no treadmill in the basement ;). I just can not get myself to go out in the cold once I get home from work. This time of year we go to work in the dark and come home in the dark (well, maybe that is exaggerating, but not much--November is a cloudy, blustery, miserable month). I know that I should--you guys don't have to get on my case. I just simply don't want to. I wish all of you the best, and I will be watching the reports of your progress. .

Linda - No one is going to get on your case - Maybe he will surprise you for with a treadmill for xmas....

! It'll be nice to finally EAT and go back to drinking COLD water instead of icky room temperature stuff tho. :)

Blooeyez - It will be good to get a little unfill you don't want to hurt yourself by being too tight...

Today was not a good day. I ate a boca burger with a piece of diet bread for lunch and my gosh darn teeth must have been out on strike cause they certainly didn't chew enough. :faint: As soon as I swallowed I knew I was in BIG trouble. I must have sat there for at least 15 minutes in TERRIBLE pain. I just kept swallowing and praying that it didn't come back up. It was seriously the worst pain I have had since being banded. I couldn't finish my burger and I probably shouldn't have eaten dinner. I ate dinner a few hours ago and since then I feel like I have a basketball in my stomach. I tried drinking something (after my hour was up) to see if that would help but no such luck. So now I just feel awful. If I feel like this tomorrow, I am going to go on liquids for a couple of days. If nothing else it will drop me into onederland!!!!! Maybe not though. If I don't get close to 1000 cals, I don't lose a thing. That is going to be a problem for me today as well. I got about 600. I know, not good, but the thought of eating anything right now makes me want to cry. I will let you know how I am feeling better, but if anyone has any thoughts about what I should do, I am more than willing to listen and try!

Try eating your Boca Burger alone, cut up into tiny peices and chew, chew... You don't need the bread or the bun.

If you HAVE to have something to HOLD the burger in try the romain lettuce leaves that fold... we have them here in Canada so I am sure they must have them in the states.

If something is hurting and stuck, I think it is best to PB it and move on... just my H.O.

Good luck lovey

I am going to have to pass on the December challenge. It's too cold and dark and nasty to go outside and walk anymore, and DH says I spent too much money already this year, so no treadmill in the basement :P.

Is it possible for you to get one of those big inflatable exercise balls? They're really not that expensive. Then you can do some exercises in front of the TV. It won't be cardio or anything, but you can do sit-ups and lots of other different things. Here's a link to one site that I found that may give you some ideas.

PF Exercise Ball Exercise Chart Pack

If that's not your cup of tea, I'm sure others in our 7s group could come up with something for you. And for all of us, really. :)

I went to the doc today and he removed some fill. I was pbing Water. I could tell an immediate difference. I could drink water. Unfortunately, because everything I have tried to take in has come up except tiny, tiny sips of water, I have to stay on liquids a few days. The good thing is that this sure did jump start my weight loss. I would have waited until Monday to get the unfill if I could have just drank water comfortably...:P

I went to the doc today and he removed some fill. I was pbing Water. I could tell an immediate difference. I could drink water. Unfortunately, because everything I have tried to take in has come up except tiny, tiny sips of water, I have to stay on liquids a few days. The good thing is that this sure did jump start my weight loss. I would have waited until Monday to get the unfill if I could have just drank water comfortably...:P

Well its a good thing you got it done now as cuz I have been reading that if you are too tight it can cause problems like slips or erosions..

I think I am at my sweet spot - I can still eat but not fast and have to chew and I can no longer glup water - I miss that...

update.gif

1. Distant0098 168/158 -6 lb

2. Phyllser/Phyl 282/272 -3 lb

3. IndioGirl/Janet 210/200 -9 lb

4. forgve70x7/Nichole 235/225 -6 lb

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194

6. lindaa -7 lb

7. frustrated/Ruby 205/195 -3

8. marcyinak/Marcy 236/226 -7 lb

9. Brandy 166/156 -2 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -4 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192 -3 lb

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari - 5 lb

16. NewCC -2 lb

17. ribearty -4.5 lb

18. Car 187/177 -6lb

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches

24. lapedtolive

25. Kathybad - 4 lb

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif clap2.gif

I hope this is right!

update.gif

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194 -8

6. lindaa -7 lb

9. Brandy 166/156 -2 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -4 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226

12. Mango24 202/192 -3 lb

13. SHAND Down -4 lb.

14. Chimboree

15. Kirajh/Kari - 5 lb

16. NewCC -2 lb

17. ribearty -4.5 lb

18. Car 187/177 -6lb

19. ssankaofa73 237/227

20. Dini 154/142 -4.6

21. Unruhlyhd 291/281

22. mikesmom

23. Peaches

24. lapedtolive

25. Kathybad - 4 lb

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif clap2.gif

Sorry! I forgot Ceci

Phyl mark me down for the week. I am at 211. Loving this new fill. WOO HOO. That and the fact that I am redetermined again and making sure I get my exercise in EVERYDAY!! I was really feeling discouraged and wasn't doing it EVERYDAY but at least 2-3 times a week. Went outside and walked today and froze my arse off but still made myself do it. LOL After walking for awhile it wasn't so bad.

Nicole, count me in for the Dec. Challenge!! This will be a great motivator.

Phyl, mark me down for 2 lbs lost. Now just 2 more to go to meet my challenge.

Sunny, so great to hear from you. My dear band buddy... looks like we've been losing at about the same pace. I'm down 34 lbs now, with most of it since my last fill. I'm really restricted, but seem to be able to get at least one meal down each day. I often PB on Water, but warm drinks are good and oatmeal always works. I keep thinking about having some taken out, but I'm already losing slowly, so don't want it to be even slower.

Dini, have a great trip to NY, and congrats on your weight loss.

It's snowing!!!! First of the year for me. I hate the winter, and only like snow at Christmas. Boo Hoo. But the kids love it.

I got some kind of good news on my dad's cancer condition. The biopsy showed it to be large cell cancer in his lungs, which is the slower moving type. It was not what they were expecting, but it is very good news. This gives them a chance to get it all under control and to slow the progress. Two of the tumors are still inoperable, but if they blast it with chemo and radiation, it will hopefully give him a lot more time to enjoy life.

Thanks for all of the prayers, but please keep us in them for now!!

I'm really hoping the band will help me continue to lose throughout the holidays. It should, since I really can't eat much, and even when I have cheated, I usually PB so it doesn't stay with me. I feel bulemic, except that I don't want to PB, so I guess I'm not.

Ok, since we are all interested in pushing ourselves, I thought we could handle 1 more challenge for the Holidays. This one is to help us at least maintain during the holidays. I put this one out there:

From Dec. 22nd to Jan. 2nd, I will:

Level 1: "Not gain any weight"

Level 2: "Lose 1-4 lbs"

Level 3: "Lose 5 or more lbs"

If you're in for this, choose your level and let me know. Then on Dec. 22nd (or as close to it) record your weight and send it to me. Then on Jan 2nd, record again and send it to me. I promise to report it to everyone by Jan 3rd and we can all congratulate each other.

This will be a 12 day challenge. Good Luck.

update.gif

5. cazulay/Cece 204/194 -8

6. lindaa -7 lb

9. Brandy 166/156 -2 lb

10. jackie506 218/208 -7 lb.

11. Stacymak 236/226