Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

So, it's been almost 2 weeks since I received my fill, ans I've lost only 2 lbs. I say only, because I lost those 2 after the fill when I was on liquids for 2 days, so i guess i've plateaued already. That's ok, I know it will e a slow process, and I haven't gained any. I did get out and walked around the flea market yesteday, and around the mall for an hour, so I did get in some excercise. It will happen, but makes me want to go back on liquids for a day or two to get another jump start. Do you all think this is wrong to do??? I started with a shake today, and was going to try to drink 3 to 4 more today, and that's it, just to see if it will help.

Hey Gang!!! I just wanted to drop in and say hello! I'm on my way to church, but I'll be back. I'm glad to see there's a lot I've missed. I love that!

Lynette, I did see your AWESOME news!!! Is that not the bomb or what???? I can only imagine how ya'll feel now!!!!

I"ll be back later on. Take care!!!!

I know I am probably being a little neurotic, but I really want a healthier lifestyle, and I want the band to work for me.

I don't think that is neurotic. I am trying to eat healthier. I don't want to have to weigh and measure everything I eat forever. This band is forever. So I am making healthier choices and eating less. If you don't have healthier food in the house, you will eat junk. Go for it...:)

So, it's been almost 2 weeks since I received my fill, ans I've lost only 2 lbs. I say only, because I lost those 2 after the fill when I was on liquids for 2 days, so i guess i've plateaued already. That's ok, I know it will e a slow process, and I haven't gained any. I did get out and walked around the flea market yesteday, and around the mall for an hour, so I did get in some excercise. It will happen, but makes me want to go back on liquids for a day or two to get another jump start. Do you all think this is wrong to do??? I started with a shake today, and was going to try to drink 3 to 4 more today, and that's it, just to see if it will help.

Lynette, I think it is fine to drink a shake for Breakfast. I will probably do that most often for Protein and ease. I am not a morning person. However, I would not have shakes the rest of the day just to jump start the weight. 2 lbs in a week is great and is what we were told to expect. Eat normally and you will begin to lose again. your body is just adjusting to the weight loss. Marcy went through a couple of weeks with no loss and now she is losing again. Just hang in there. This is when it gets tough but we are here for you.

Sunny, thanks for the reply. I did already eat some oatmeal about an hour and a half ago, liquids are hard to stay on anyway. I actually haven't lost any for a week and a half now. It will come off, but the plateau sucks, and I'm not over eating, at all, but I'm going to start logging my foods again at Fitday. I don't crae what the dietician said. I think it helped me more, and I haven't lost any since I stopped logging after my appointment with her.

I had my first big carb meal tonight- 1/2 cup of rotini Pasta with lots of tuna, ff sour cream, and garlic salt. It was delicious but now I am feeling guilty and afraid to go up on the scale tomorrow morning. Especially because I did not exercise at all today- I was the perfect couch potato as a matter of fact. But I figured that for right now I will work out 30 min. day/5x week, but I might increase that or make it more challenging as I lose weight.

Also, I put together a menu spreadsheet, and have planned out exactly what I am going to eat all week long, otherwise I get home hungry and don't have the right ingredients and end up eating junk. This way I can grocery shop accordingly.

I know I am probably being a little neurotic, but I really want a healthier lifestyle, and I want the band to work for me.

I think that's GREAT - I am getting ready to do my weekly shoppng and could use your spread sheet... I agree you have to plan ahead - it's those quick fixes that get us in trouble...

Lynette - I agree with Sunny, my dr. told me between 1 and 2 pounds/week. In the beginning it goes faster, but as dh says if I kept the initial pace up, I would go negative by January! My plateau plan is to cut all carbs and drinks (except for H2O of course!) for a week and see if that gets me going again.

Cazulay, maybe I'll try that too, but I ate some oatmeal this morning, but I won't eat an many carbs in my next meals today or the rest of the week and see if it helps. It's crazy because I'm not eating anymore than I was, but logging the calories may help again. Thanks!!

Good morning! I lost a 1/2 pound again, boy is it slow going. Went to the grocery store this morning and then came back and helped my husband mow the yard. I'm in TX and boy, is it hot here! Took forever to cool back down.

I'm still exercising, mainly the exercise bike and handweights. Haven't been on the treadmill since the surgery. Do my own housework and yard work, so that counts as exercise too.

I don't think planning meals and logging calories is neurotic. I've done it off and on for decades and have been doing it since the pre-op diet started. Log in what I eat, how much Water I consume, Vitamins, grams of carbs, Protein, fats, and Fiber, etc. etc.

I think it is a good tool! Keeps you aware of what you've done in a day, so you make good choices at night....

Ok - it's offical - I am in "Bandster Hell" :embarassed:

This morning i went to the gym and walked for 1 hr (a big nsv for me) came home had 1/2 cup egg beaters with a sprinkle of cheese - ate it and was still hungry - ate the same thing last week and was FULL..

I don't go for a fill until 9/5...;)

iNDIOGIRL55- I know what you are saying about needing the fill. I am starving!!!!!!!!!!! I have my first fill on September 5 and I tell you it can not come soon enough. I was so hungry last night that I was thinking 'maybe I should take an appetite suppressant and that will help until my fill. Luckily for me I don't have any in the house anymore because once I went on the 2 week pre op diet I went through my vanity and disposed of ALL dietary aids. I will not be buying any more either. So that was one thing I made sure of not having around for them 'temptation'. Don't want to fall back into that.

Lynette- I have plateaued also. I was lossing really nice and steady and ...............BOOM!!!......hit a wall. LOL It has been very discouraging. I haven't lost anything since last Tuesday and I have been walking for 60 minutes a day on the treadmill and watching what I eat. At least I lost some before the plateau. Can't wait to see the scaled moving again. Very discouraging. I am trying to stay positive though. It will start moving again and so will yours. :)

I have been the same way. I lost 24 in less than a month and then nothng for awhile. It bothers me but also I know that i have never in my life lost 24 pounds in less than a month before. I figure it is my body trying to stablize some from the shock. Also, think about it you wouldn't want to continue at that rate because it isn't healthy. Right now, we all should not be so hung about the scale but are we following the diet correctly so we can heal properly and really lose the weight once we are healed.

About these plateaus: I lost over 100 pounds once before and I remember the plateaus. The way I understand it is that after cutting your intake back for a while your metabolism slows down and that is what causes the plateau. You just gotta be tough and believe and all of a sudden you will drop 2 or 3 pounds overnight. It really is best not to weigh yourself too often because the plateaus are discouraging--especially when you are really hungry. All you want to do is eat. I know because I am there too right now. But cutting back on the calories even more isn't going to help. For me all that did is make me even more hungry and more suspectable to temptations. Just stay with the program and have faith!

linda, ribearty and jackie, you've all said very wise things. I'm not falling off yet, and still only weighing every 4 to 5 days. These are all things I've preached before to others, so I just have to head my own words. It will work, and the plateau is only for a while, and then my body will catch up. Thanks to all of you!!!

Hello Lucky Sevens.....Lynette, thanks for the tip on the melted cheese. I might try it next time, but Im afraid to add things like that because Cheese is a big weakness for me. I LOVE CHEESE-----MY

I dont know why my posts sometimes automatically happen.....I must be hitting something on the keyboard that posts them.

Like I was saying, Im trying to adopt the philosphy that less is best, If I liked the Beans without the cheese, why put it on.....Hope it works for me.

We (my family) went out to dinner today to Applebee's I had the clam chowder, but took out all of the clams. It was very satisfying and filling. I have my first post op tomorrow. I cant wait to see what I lost.

The place where I got banded issued a new update for post op care, I was so happy!!! 1 week liquid, 1 week soft foods, 2 weeks solids and then a fill at 4 weeks - this is if you have the new AP band......I'm so happy I don't have to feel like I've been "cheating" my liquid diet by eating tuna or egg salad on crackers now and again. Still on the Soup though...now I'm too scared to actually eat anything solid....lol

I did make some wonderful crock pot chili today, so who knows, may give it a try....

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.......it's been a pretty lazy one for me, even though I should be doing some home renovations down in our daylight basement....hard to find the energy for that!!!

Celeste