Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Ruby - my husband is very supportive as well, but, in his "being helpful" he wags his finger at me if I slide and I just can't handle that from him, so I cleared that up and I know he'll do better at just being supportive without all the "help!":)

It took me a such a long time to read thru all of the posts. This thread is poppin! lol

To those who haven't excercised yet....how about doing 10 minutes of walking in place in front of the TV?

Chim

How does an excercise challenge work? Do we all come up with a plan of what to do and then see if we can stick to it?

Its hard to keep motivated. I had to talk myself into staying on the treadmill today and I felt good when I was done (45 minutes). I hope and pray that I can get to the point where I feel out of place if I don't work out. I'd love to get addicted to it so that I won't have to continue to feel like I'm forcing myself.

Here's a shocker for me....I finished 3 cups of blended steak and potato Soup today within an hour. I felt stuffed when I was done but I wasn't emotionally comfortable about being able to have all that food. I don't know why I was compelled to finish the soup because I could have stopped after the 1st cup. I just didn't. I'm scared that I'll be able to eat around my band. From reading everyone else's posts, I see that I'm not having much trouble tolerating liquids as most folks. There are times when I've jumped to solid foods to feed a craving and I haven't had issues either. I know I haven't had a fill yet but this really does scare me because I'm only 9 days post op and I feel like the only thing that reminds me of being banded are my sore belly from the stitches and my burp parade. I'm not asking to get things stuck, or start sliming and PB-ing but I'm concerned that my band may not work. What a difference fom last week.

ssankofa73 - I am 3 weeks out and i can eat 1 - 2 cup depending what it is - imho we think that we have to be FULL like we use to. we are so use to eating much more that our brain tells us well 2 cups is less than the 4 cup you use to eat - I find that i just fill my 1 cup bowl and then put the rest away in the fridge - i do ok. its not about being Full per se but being no longer hungry.. I if i let myself get over hungry then I have problems - I eat too much and fast - also - as before my eyes are bigger than my tummy - I went to a wedding on saturday and got a little new potatoes - tri tip and 4 penne Pasta noddles - ate the pasta - tatoes and 1/2 the meat - I was STUFFed but because the plate was in front of me i was still picking - had to move it so that i wouldn't - if it's there i will eat it till it's all gone:hungry:... Old habits are HARD to break:eyebrows:

I don't go back to the doctors until 9/5 and I feel that I can eat too much too. I must work on eating healthly and Portion Control - opt for veggies instead of rice -

Lynette - It wasn't til after i posted the "Just Do It" response that I see that you walk a lot at work - That should/does count. I have a desk job - so that's why i really have to push the exercise...

Hey Gang!

To all of us struggling w/eating more than we should...eating beyond satisfaction, etc, this is part of the head work related to our bands. Isn't it s'thing???

We do have many old habits to break. It is gonna be weird for us to not clear our plates. It's gonna be weird for us to get full off such small portions. It's gonna be weird until we get used to this whole new lifestyle.

It's gonna take us some time. So, try not to beat yourselves up. Trust me. I know b/c I'm real good at punishing myself.

Just please remember my caution about eating beyond your food stages. We want those adhesions, that are gonna hold our bands in place, to form properly. We don't want any slips!!!

Just hang in there. We WILL do this!!!!

I'm 12 days out and 12 lbs down ... I had hoped to lose alot more during this liquid stage but it just didn't happen for me

I can finally start soft foods this Saturday (can't wait to have a scrambled egg!)

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Hello all, I was banded on 7/17/07. I have had absolutely no complications! My recovery was quite rapid, the only thing that was really uncomfortable was the soreness from the hernia repair that the docs did while inside my belly. I have lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks, which is totally wonderful to me. My only concern is that I keep reading about everybody not being able to eat certain things, well not being able to eat hardly anything! I am about 4 weeks out and my doc has me eating a pretty normal diet. I can eat pretty much anything as long as it is well tolerated and I chew well. I can eat 1-2 cups of food before feeling full. My doc used a 10cc band. Do you guys think this is normal, is it because he used a bigger band? He says that after my first fill, it will be completely different and the reason why I can eat so well now is because I have no restriction. But my recovery being so different from everyone elses makes me uncertain. Don't get me wrong, I love not having any time of real difficulty, but it makes me worry that maybe this isn't working the way that it's supposed to. He also doesn't want me to go back to aerobics until 2 months has passed??? I guess it's so I'm not jostling things around, but I hate just getting on the treadmill or the elliptical! Well enough of my whining, please let me know what you guys think and how your doc is doing things.

:cry

How is all my bandland buddies doing? You guys are a great support group, I see all the teachers are getting ready to go back to work(you guys are the best), hard working, caring and underpaid.

On another note, I'm still in bandsterHELL, I'm not losing much, just maintaing,I really changed my diet, It was amazing how much garbage I use to eat, it sucks having no restriction, two more weeks, and hopefully that will change.

Today is my Granmas' B-day 83 years old, she is an amazing women, RedLobster tonight, it's her favorite.

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow, so excited, I'm down between 17-22 lbs, it depends on how many pickles I eat, my wife thinks I'm the one who is pregnant.

I love my band so much, this is kind of weird, but I like the fact that I have no restrction and can eat anything I want, don't get me wrong, I want a fill asap, and get to my goal weight. But I was thinking about when I get to my goal weight, on certain holidays I can have a feast once in a while, that does put a big smile on my face. My wife and her family are great cooks all downhome Paula Dean style cooks, everything is homemade.

Anyway I'll miss you all next week, I wish everyone the best, Danny

Hello all, I was banded on 7/17/07. I have had absolutely no complications! My recovery was quite rapid, the only thing that was really uncomfortable was the soreness from the hernia repair that the docs did while inside my belly. I have lost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks, which is totally wonderful to me. My only concern is that I keep reading about everybody not being able to eat certain things, well not being able to eat hardly anything! I am about 4 weeks out and my doc has me eating a pretty normal diet. I can eat pretty much anything as long as it is well tolerated and I chew well. I can eat 1-2 cups of food before feeling full. My doc used a 10cc band. Do you guys think this is normal, is it because he used a bigger band? He says that after my first fill, it will be completely different and the reason why I can eat so well now is because I have no restriction. But my recovery being so different from everyone elses makes me uncertain. Don't get me wrong, I love not having any time of real difficulty, but it makes me worry that maybe this isn't working the way that it's supposed to. He also doesn't want me to go back to aerobics until 2 months has passed??? I guess it's so I'm not jostling things around, but I hate just getting on the treadmill or the elliptical! Well enough of my whining, please let me know what you guys think and how your doc is doing things.

:cry

LaNalga

I too have no problems with any foods that i have eaten - tri-tip, cat fish, chicken, rice, cauliflower, squash, bell peppers, hamburger, corn tortilla, english muffin - i can eat about the same quanity as you.

I lost like 2 pounds a day for the 1st week and since then it has slowed. This week only loss 1 lbs. I must have some restriction as i would have never been full on 1 cup of Soup before. I don't go back to Dr's until 9/5 and will see if i get a fill then. My doc said I have the "New" band - standard size. I can do arms, treadmill but nothing that invovles stomach muscles. No biggie as i Hate exercising and it's hard enought just to walk on the treadmill - but I am doing it. Gotta Exercise.

You sound like you are doing Great...:clap2:

I have a problem with being plugged up. I bought some benefiber but have not started using it you. I don't know which is worse. At least my tush isn't sore :biggrin1:

Sunny - seems to be doing ALOT better since the imodimum...:whoo:

ssanka - I hear you on the overeating. I, too, worry that I'll be able to eat around the band...expecially since I haven't lost a significant amount of weight wince the surgery like some other folks. My mother is the SAME way...what I think is hillarious is that she tries to give me nutritional advise (she's always been obese) and her "advise" is always very wrong...even from a layman's view, very, very, wrong! I'm surprised the woman is still alive!

dmjet - It's not hot EVERYWHERE! LOL! It's about 55 here, good enough for a brisk walk and chicken yard cleaning!:D

IdioGirl - YES, you're so right! It's not about being full, just not hungry! I'm trying to explain that to my 7 year old!

LaNalga - No, you're fine! My recovery was fantastic. I, too, can eat ANYTHING and too much of it too. I've had a couple of "issues" when I eat too fast and don't notice that I'm FULL and then over-fill myself....it's uncomfortable and not pretty. Funny, now that I'm 4 weeks out, I seem to be eating less than I did a week or even two weeks ago! Be patient!:biggrin1:

SHAKES/PROTEIN: I have some Satori Eat-Smart Protein Powder that I've added to broth, pudding, and yogurt, but I don't like it and don't use it. I stick to Slim Fast shakes and I really like Myoplex Carb Sense shakes because I can make them with Water instead of milk and they still taste pretty good...I usually don't like strawberry flavored drinks and since I don't like chocolate that much I usually just stick to vanilla.< /strong>

WEIGHT LOSS! Ok, it's just a pound, but now I'm FINALLY lower than I was when I had surgery! I tell ya, it totally helped with my psychologically! Next week I'm filled and then I'm sure things will speed up a bit. I was thinking last night that at even 3 lbs a month, that's 36 lbs. a year! At that rate (and I'm sure I'll be faster) I'll be at my goal weight in no time! YEAH! Slow loss is still loss!:)

LOVELY ALASKAN NEIGHBORS: So, the other night I'm playing Risk with my son and husband and we get a knock on the door...it's 9:30pm so that was a little strange. It was a fella that welcomed us with some reindeer stew when we moved here in April and haven't seen since then. He says that he pulled his crab pots and doesn't have the freezer space for all the KING CRAB he has in the back of his truck! HAHA! SCORE! :hungry:We got 10 Crab and cooked 'em up right away. We figured it was about $300 worth of crab (here we pay $6.00/lb, I know it's more for you suckers in the south!)! He said he'll be bringing some Silver Salmon (the best kind) this week and we're going to go help on his boat tomorrow (that'll be my excersize). WAHOO! Really, living here can really be great! At least it's not 110 degrees! Heck, I got a tan/burn the other night when it was 60 degrees and 10 pm out on the deck! :)

Congrats to the other "LOSERS"! Yep, now I'm ready to cheer everyone on!

Sorry so long, but I just finished all the posts from the past couple of days!

Marcy, I'm totally jealous!!! That is one thing that I do miss so very much about living in Alaska.....the wonderful seafood.....you're making my mouth drool!!!

How is all my bandland buddies doing? You guys are a great support group, I see all the teachers are getting ready to go back to work(you guys are the best), hard working, caring and underpaid.

On another note, I'm still in bandsterHELL, I'm not losing much, just maintaing,I really changed my diet, It was amazing how much garbage I use to eat, it sucks having no restriction, two more weeks, and hopefully that will change.

Today is my Granmas' B-day 83 years old, she is an amazing women, RedLobster tonight, it's her favorite.

We are leaving for the beach tomorrow, so excited, I'm down between 17-22 lbs, it depends on how many pickles I eat, my wife thinks I'm the one who is pregnant.

I love my band so much, this is kind of weird, but I like the fact that I have no restrction and can eat anything I want, don't get me wrong, I want a fill asap, and get to my goal weight. But I was thinking about when I get to my goal weight, on certain holidays I can have a feast once in a while, that does put a big smile on my face. My wife and her family are great cooks all downhome Paula Dean style cooks, everything is homemade.

Anyway I'll miss you all next week, I wish everyone the best, Danny

Danny

OMG - This is what i miss BUTTER or Fat in general... You say you have no restriction - can you eat alot of food? ? I can only eat 1 to 2 cup at a meal but I can eat anything (even had 1/2 of english muffin on Sunday) - I only lost 1 lbs this week - but I have had navy been Soup for 4 days (about 1 3/4 cup) so - it's my calories - today for lunch having 2 ozs catfish (baked not fried:cry) and 1 cup carrott w/1/2 teasp butter)

Wish Grandma - Happy Bday from all of us - (your lucky to have them - i am an orphan (not literailly but figurelitvly - parents & grand all in heaven) and have a great time at the beach. :bounce:

Marcy - How much do you have to pay for our crayfish?

Suckers in the South, dats right sha, we pinching da tails and sucking the heads!!! The one thing I'd miss about this burning hellhole is our great seafood. It don't get no better. Except nobody's knocking at my door giving me freebies, dag nabbit!!!

Denise - can't say as I've ever had crayfish...never seen any up here....we get shrimp near Southeast Alaska, but not this far up north.

I'm sitting here eating a heaping plate full of crab...kills the hands to get the meat out, but the rewards are sooooo worth it!