Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I am so so annoyed with my Clinic, My app was for 2pm, i taught i'd be a good little girl and be there a little early. i got there at 1.45! I had Annafrancesca with me. I was left sitting there for 1h and 28 mins my poor baby was so bored out of her mind and starting to get a little restless. The lady b4 me comes out and I hear them say to the Doc that his Taxi is waiting for him outside, I said in a VERY LOUD voice, He's not going anywhere till i'm seen. he then calls me in . He was so happy with my progress I taught he would not be to happy, Since the surgery i've lost just over 7kg and 1kg from b4 I got banded.

wait till you hear this....... he did not want to give me a fill. I then told him i did not loose any weight for 2 weeks and that i've been working out so he then said 'So you want a fill' I nicely said 'I do believe i need one but you are the Doc' he replied hop on the bed I GOT MY FILL, be laughed at me cos i said i dont like pain and asked was it sore, by the time i'd actually shut my mouth he was done i felt nothing!!! I was in his office 150 SECONDS!

Thas my story anyways taught i'd share !!!

Ok, I haven't got to read all the posts I'm behind on, cuz... well there's ALOT, but I am so excited this morning! I have ONE MORE POUND, and I will be in TWOterville!!!!!

~*Ash*~

Ash Congrats on the weight lost

I agree with you on trying to catch up on the post - I get on the computer and have about 10 pages to read to see what's up and then an hour has gone by - forgot what was on the 1st page that i wanted to respond to.. So I just end up signing off cuz then it's time to do dishes etc.

Chim - You are in my prayers today.

Sunny - It's tomorrow your day?? Prays & Hugs to you:girl_hug:

Dini - I did ck out your pics the other day - your daugther is so cute and I agree with whomever said - You look THIN in that picture.

Once you get in to the hang of exercising - you will be ok. I have loaded my Ipod - but waiting until i go to the doctors for my followup to see when i can get back to the gym and how long until i can work with weights. I am lucky a new gym opened across the way from my house to easy to go to before and after work.

Lynette - Yes that IS love going out at 1:30 in the a.m. to get meds for DH

Carolin - I only had a week of pre-op diet but mixed into that was to colon cleasnes... I did cheat a tad..

Onmyway07 - I am so happy that you are doing so well right after surgery - I wasn't the greastest for about the 1st day and a half - but after that I have been ok - Last pain med was 3 p.m. on thursday (19th) afternoon - (surgery the 17th), I have ALL the liquid vicoden that dr had prescirped - never had to use it when i got home

Marcylinka - Oh how I wish I could be up their in the cool weather with your eating crab... I am still on liquids - but last night my mash potato Soup ended up a little too thick - (i would say just like regular) and i was SO HUNGRY I ate them anyway... I know bad girl - but yesterday i was STARVING.. I did the whole Protein thing and had 57 grams in before dinner but was just too hungry...

Phyl - How are you??

dmtjet - the trials and tribulation of kids - I have my 16 yr grandson who is a drama king....

Well, I am at work - so better get back to it.

I just don't understand. I have been doing so good. Got banded July 12 and lost a pound or two a day up until Monday morning. That was 11 days and I had lost 14 pounds. Then Monday morning I had gained 1 pound. Tuesday the same and this morning I had gained 2 lbs. Why? I did go on soft food on Friday, but I have not had from 600 to 800 calories a day and I am drinking all of my Water everyday, just like I had from the being. My lower belly feels so full. I am pooping and peeing just like I had been. Does anyone have any ideas? This the first time I can say I am really discouraged. I am thinking of just going back on the Protein Shake liquid diet. Please, has anyone been here yet?

Patti C

TMEYER:

Glad your op went well... Rest is very important, plus your pain meds (if needed)....

Walk, walk, walk and get rid of the gas....

Just think, you've started this new journey that we are all on together!

I just started teh MUSHY phase and I must say, I was glad to switch from Full Fluids... 2 more wks until solids and vacation!

Take care and check back often

Patti C, We were talking about this yesterday - it seems to be a fairly common thing for the weight loss to fluctuate when you start changing up the diet. I started my mushies, and the weight loss stopped. Within a couple of days, I was up nearly a pound. Other people have said they've had gain issues too. Hang in...it seems to be temporary. Happy to report I'm starting to lose again. But I fully expect that when I start regular foods, it might go back up a little. I'm looking at it like gravity...what goes up, must come down!

How Bizarre? Me and DH went to Red Lobster Thursday after my pre-op.

I'm using my daughter's lap top right now. I hate it. I can only type with one finger.

My children gave me roses and a get well card. It is musical. Julie Andrews singing a spoon full of suger. I love it!

;)

I am so so annoyed with my Clinic, My app was for 2pm, i taught i'd be a good little girl and be there a little early. i got there at 1.45! I had Annafrancesca with me. I was left sitting there for 1h and 28 mins my poor baby was so bored out of her mind and starting to get a little restless. The lady b4 me comes out and I hear them say to the Doc that his Taxi is waiting for him outside, I said in a VERY LOUD voice, He's not going anywhere till i'm seen. he then calls me in . He was so happy with my progress I taught he would not be to happy, Since the surgery i've lost just over 7kg and 1kg from b4 I got banded.

wait till you hear this....... he did not want to give me a fill. I then told him i did not loose any weight for 2 weeks and that i've been working out so he then said 'So you want a fill' I nicely said 'I do believe i need one but you are the Doc' he replied hop on the bed I GOT MY FILL, be laughed at me cos i said i dont like pain and asked was it sore, by the time i'd actually shut my mouth he was done i felt nothing!!! I was in his office 150 SECONDS!

Thas my story anyways taught i'd share !!!

Good for you, girl. Glad you got your fill. That should give you a new jump start!!

Good Morning!

Janet, you didn't use your vicodin after you got home?? Wow! Mine is almost gone. Didn't take any all day yesterday, but port was bothering me after I went to bed last night and DH had to go get me a tsp of it. I have been tapering off on it and maybe I could've gotten by with just Tylenol last night.

Overall I think I'm doing pretty good. Seem to be coughng a lot since last night. Maybe still have some gunk from anesthesia to get rid of.

Phyllser, I think we are all different w/the pain meds, but you seem to be doing pretty well! Age and fitness has to play a role in it too! I didn't use many pain meds, but I do feel had this been 10 years ago, I would have done much better!! I also, (how depressing) wouldn't have needed this ten years ago and a lifetime before depression and the dreaded PAXIL!!!! But can't go back, can't change it, it is what it is!!! And besides, we are all doing great!!!:Banane25:

Dini, I hate waiting for doctor appointments! They always make you wait and the thing is if by some stroke of bad luck, I am running late, then and only then are they on time!!! :) Then you get the oh so impatient, how could you, evil stare!!! And the ever so obvious, "We were just thinking of calling you," or "We thought you forgot!" Yikes!!! But then, no apology when they are late!!! No sir, it is just how it is!!! :) Not such a fair scenario, do you think????? Poor Annafrancesca!!!! Poor baby had to wait all that time!!!!

Give her a hug from Grammy Jeanie!!! ;)

At any rate, congrats on the weight loss, not sure what that translates to in pounds, but whatever it is, it sounds great, lol!!!!!!! I will have to check that one out! :help:

Tmeyer - Congrats on your banding!!! Stop in and drop us a line any time!!! There is always someone willing to help!!!:)

AshRae, Awesome you are nearing Twoterville!!! What a great success!!! Keep going, Girl!!!:clap2:

Indiogirl, you have a 16 year old grandson!!!:) Yikes, lots of personality and OPINIONS at that age!!! :help: I'll bet he can be a great help though and you probably have an awesome relationship with him! I think being a Grandma would have to be wonderful! I look forward to that phase of my life and spoiling them and sending them home with their parents!!! LOL Not sure where you are, but that is driving age here in PA, which was another quite stressful adventure ... still is, on snowy, icy, sleety winter nights, lol!!!!! Oh, and fog, and EVERY accident that happens on ANY freeway anywhere near where they are supposed to be!!!! LOL Probably never will change, you worry forever!!!:help:

Patti C, definitely the change in foods that is slowing your weight loss! Seems like we all are noticing the same things! At least, we are all normal!!! I am sure it will pick up again soon! Has to, we aren't eating much!!!:)

Mango, you can join us at Red Lobster too and anyone else that would like to!!!:) Man, we really have to do that one!!! Seems like we would have a grand old time there! WE could definitely liven that place up, lol! And your kids with the roses and the singing card ... well, now that is just too cute!!!! It is the little things that mean the most!!!! Now, about the spoon full of sugar thing ... lol!!!:speechles

Dini, Hey, didn't ask, but I SHOULD know when my cyber daughter's birthday is ... coming or already gone!!! I mean, now, it is only right, lol!;)

Dini, I GOT IT ... 17.6 pounds!!!!!!! WhooHoo, that is awesome!!! I am so proud of you Little Girl!!!! You are doing great!!!!!!!:whoo:

Whoa, how awesome ... I think those of us using pounds should switch to kg ... it sounds soooo much better! lol We'll use pounds for losses, but kg for current weight or gains!! What do you think, new way of posting!!! I kinda like it!!!!! LOL:)

Good Morning!

Janet, you didn't use your vicodin after you got home?? Wow! Mine is almost gone. Didn't take any all day yesterday, but port was bothering me after I went to bed last night and DH had to go get me a tsp of it. I have been tapering off on it and maybe I could've gotten by with just Tylenol last night.

Overall I think I'm doing pretty good. Seem to be coughng a lot since last night. Maybe still have some gunk from anesthesia to get rid of.

Phyl

Nope - My last pain shot was 3 p.m. on 7/18 (really just for the gas pains) - It was that way when i had my gallbladder surgery when they still cut you open 22 yrs ago - Ii had 24 hrs of pain shots and that was it.

The worst pain for me was the first few hours after sugery (felt like and elephant had kicked me then was still sitting on me when i first woke up) and then the gas pains on the 18th that kept me from going home. But after that never really was in any more pain. Just sore...

I can't believe that there are all these women who have surgery on an out paitient basis and are on the computer that afternoon..

I never cought - and i am the smoker of the group ;). Lungs were never an issue..

Glad the pain is subsiding for you...

xoxo

Janet

Whoa, how awesome ... I think those of us using pounds should switch to kg ... it sounds soooo much better! lol We'll use pounds for losses, but kg for current weight or gains!! What do you think, new way of posting!!! I kinda like it!!!!! LOL:)

OK do the Irish use stone's like the Brits - I keep hearing that term when i am watching the BBC channel, but don't know how much a stone is

Dini???

We haven't had a question of the day for awhile, unless I missed it, but what about...

What stage of eating are you in and what do you eat on a typical day???? Maybe it will give some of us some new ideas!!! So, here goes:

I'm in the mushy, pureed, and/or soft foods, w/occasional meats as tolerated ...

Breakfast - 1and 1/2 c. Protein shake w/a banana, Carnation Instant sugar free Breakfast packet, tbs. of Peanut Butter, and a scoop of whey Protein mix in my "so kindly recommended" Magic Bullet (I love it!)!!

lunch - 1 cup of chicken salad (Lynette's recipe from the Recipe Thread! It is delicious!!! YUM) w/10 or so FF Wheat Thin crackers!

Supper - container of Wendy's chili w/cheese

or

same as lunch (unless I go to Red Lobster, like last night, lol)

or

1 c. Broccoli cheese soup/Potato Soup w/4 cracker squares

Snacks - Low Sodium V8 juice, SF fudgesicles, SF Jello, lowfat cheese slices

Lynette, I agree w/you on the editing on this thing, it sucks!!!:angry