Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Morning everyone. Sorry I missed yesterday. I was busy setting up the kitchen. OMG it looks amazing!!! It is finished except for the trim, crown moulding, valance and range hood. My brother had to go away until Friday, so he'll be back on the weekend to finish it up.

But, I have a functional kitchen and I'm sitting at my kitchen table!!! We ate dinner in here last night for the first time in 2 weeks.

Good luck to all on deck today and tomorrow. I'll be out all day.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my pictures.

Good morning, Everyone!!!

Kathy, Congrats on the new kitchen! When do we get to see the finished product????? Now you can take a deep breath and relax!!!!! It won't be long now!!!:whoo:

Welcome to all the new banders on site and best wishes to those recently banded or soon to be banded!!!! You won't regret it!

Jackie, thanks for the Muscle Milk info!!!

I was banded on 7/16. All went well except I had some sort of allergic reaction to the pain meds and still have an itchy rash covering more than 50% of my body. I am now on a full liquid diet and can't eat mushy food until 7/31. It sounds like some doctors let you start eating earlier than mine does. Hope all are well and good luck to those that are having surgery in the near future. I'm not sorry at all. The first few days a little tough but now am feeling great.:clap2:

I was banded on 7/16. All went well except I had some sort of allergic reaction to the pain meds and still have an itchy rash covering more than 50% of my body. I am now on a full liquid diet and can't eat mushy food until 7/31. It sounds like some doctors let you start eating earlier than mine does. Hope all are well and good luck to those that are having surgery in the near future. I'm not sorry at all. The first few days a little tough but now am feeling great.:clap2:

Sorry to hear about the rash!!! That wouldn't be fun on top of everything else! Glad you are feeling better now!!! Each day does get better, that is the bright side of the whole thing! I feel better than I have in over 10 years!!!!! Can't ask for much more than that, how 'bout it?:whoo:

Mommy, I was banded the same day as you, and I started full liquids yesterday, so we're at about the same place. Hopefully, you were able to take something for the rash?

On another note, I am asking you all for prayers for my son and daughter-in-law and her family. Yesterday afternoon they babysat for their 1 1/2 year old nephew. A couple of hours after they brought him home they received a phone call that the little boy had just drowned in a pond near his home

hey guys. Im new here. My date for surgery is July 27. 5 days away. Im so anxious. I cant believe im actaully going through with this. I want to lose about 60 lbs. Im about 210 at the mo. I have been struggling to lose weight since the birth of my first child. Hes now 8.

Im getting banded here in Ireland. Is there anybody out there from Ireland

:welcomeB:

Hi, Alesha,

Yes, we have a couple of people from Ireland. DINI and I'm afraid I forgot how to spell the other lady's name, Alegh or something like that I think. But Dini should be on later. She's a couple of weeks post op and she helps keep things hoppin' here!! She's the one who dubbed me "Auntie" Phyl, and we love her a lot!!

lindaa, my prayers are with your family today as you struggle to make sense of a terrrilbe thing. I'm so sorry to hear about the little boy. This will be a very tough time for you, and we are here if you need too talk.

Just let us know if we can do anything for you.

Alesha and mommyof2, welcome to the Lucky 7's. We're excitd to have you join us in this great support group.

Alesha, Sheelagh is our other bandster from Ireland, as well as Dini.

Kathy, great to hear the kitchen is done, and everything went well. The pics were great to see, what a difference it makes!!

dmtjet, sounds like you had a great time at the festival yesterday, and you did great with food, and got a lot of walking in. Doesn't if feel freeing to get out, and get back to life after the surgery. Glad to hear you had fun!!

Phyl, how is the fever today??? Don't mess around with it, it could be an infection. I'd call the office ASAP to let them know, especially if you still have it. Hope everything is ok.

mommyof2, I was on liquids or 2 weeks also before I was progressed to mushys. Is seems that all Dr.s do things differently.

Hope the rash gets better. Did they give you anything for it??

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Welcome Georgiagirl, Alesha and Mommyof2!!!! This is an awesome group!!! Feel free to jump on in. Make yourselves at home.

Well, Auntie Phyl, it doesn't sound like you are doing so well. I'm sorry about the fever. I would definitely call my doc if it doesn't break. I'm glad that you're home though and e'thing went well!!!

Lindaa, oh my goodness. How sad is that??? I am praying now for the families. Wow. That breaks my heart.

Mommyof2, I had a similar reaction to Percocet (when I had my breast reduction). Not a good feeling at all!!!! I hope it's starting to clear up.

MsYackie, yes. I swear by Muscle Milk. And you're right about the price. GNC is super expensive compared to those other sites you listed. Thanks for the sites!

Wrangler, it sounds like you are doing really well. Sorry I can't help w/the port questions, yet...give me a couple days...woohoo!!! I can't believe it's almost here! And yep, I have PCOS, too. I'm ready to get rid of it, too. The facial hair kills me!!!

Kathybad, you're daughter is adorable and she DOES look like you!!! You have such a beautiful heart and spirit. I admire you! BTW, the kitchen looks great so far!!!

Caolin, it's okay to be a chatty Cathy. We love it!!!!

Hello Lynette, Dini, Sunny, Sunshinesonya, Tink, Marcy, Felicia, and the rest of the gang!!!

I went to a Body Pump class this morning...at 5:45am. We were done at 7:00am. It was great and I hung in there. I feel so good even now. I'm so proud of myself. I guess I'm just trying to get in the mindset about what will be changing in my life. And exercise will be a huge part of my life once I'm cleared by the doc. I want exercise to be a regular part of my life like brushing my teeth.

I must admit though, I was the biggest person in the class and thought I looked like a beached whale when we were laying on the floor. I tried not to look at myself in the mirror. I felt like others were looking at me. They probably weren't, but you know how we get...

I just had to share, though, b/c I am really proud of what I did. And I just tried to drink a soda, and it didn't even taste right!!! WOOOHOOOO! Sodas have always been my big downfall. Well, I guess my body does know that s'thing is up and things are about to change drastically.

Chim, that's great about the class you took. I'm getting out the Turbo Jam Dvds today to start my excercising at home. My sone likes them, he dances while I work out. It's so cute.

Later I promised if he was good we'd walk to the dollar store behing our house. He needs batteries for a toy he wants to play with and I'm all out of the size he needs, so I'll be getting in a little walk later on too.

Chim, that's great about the class you took. I'm getting out the Turbo Jam Dvds today to start my excercising at home. My sone likes them, he dances while I work out. It's so cute.

Later I promised if he was good we'd walk to the dollar store behing our house. He needs batteries for a toy he wants to play with and I'm all out of the size he needs, so I'll be getting in a little walk later on too.

That is too cute! I bet he won't forget, either what you said. Little kids are good at remembering those promises!!! LOL

Good for you. I'll have to check out Turbo Jam. I have Walk Away the Pounds. Haven't done it yet, though. I scanned through the DVD and it looks like fun, so I'm ready. I realize that exercise is key to our wt loss and overall health. My doc said I will have to walk the first month, then after that, I'll be okay to do other forms of exercise. I am so psyched!!

Only 2 days away. Wow.

Guess I'm gonna run now. I have some errands to do before I head into work at 3pm.

I have to go to Target and get some Gas-X strips and a new heating pad. I would go to Walmart, but it's under construction right now (becoming a Super Wal-mart) and I just don't want to be bothered w/all the hassle. Besides, our Target is cleaner/easier to get in and out of than our Walmart. Also going to GNC to get a thing of Muscle Milk and Protein powder. After that, I am all set w/post-op stuff.

Check back in later!

Chim, my doc said I'd have to wait 4 weeks for areobics and weights, but las Tuesday at my post op, he said I could go ahead and start. I'm ready, just didn't get to do it this week any. Today's the day. I'm excited, I'm just waiting for 20 ozs of Water I just drank so settle a bit before I start.