Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Dini, that's awful with the nurses!!! I can't imagine being held down!!! I would have lost it!!!!

Wow, Jessica, nicely done with the weight loss!!!! Keep up the good work!

Phyllser, Love the photos!!!! Beautiful scenery!

Lainy

DarLaur

SunshineSonya

SweetJephy

Lindaa

RRKeithsGirl

HollySue

Coltonwade MsPris

CKBW

WELCOME to bandland everyone!!!

Your surgery's were yesterday, So it's understandable if no one is posting today!!

Keep the Clear liquids up, take your pain meds (if needed) and walk off the GAS..

In a couple days you'll fee right as rain.

HUGS

Lynette, Congratulations on your appointment!!!! You did great!!!!! We are soooo proud of you! You are like our little trooper!

Back from Dr.s:). Went real well. Down 14 1/2 lbs:whoo:, almost made the 15 lb mark!! I was thinking I should of taken off my jewelery or something:rolleyes:!!LOL!! He was very happy with my progress so he released me to lift weights and do my aerobic workout DVD's.:clap2: He wants me to stick to 3-5oz meals now, and 2 to 3- 3 oz Snacks, still staying in the 600 to 900 calories depending on how active I am that day.

He's great, he did pull my strips off:faint:, very gently, and the incision looks very well. He told me I could start using Vitamin e oil on them to help with the scaring.

I don't go back to work until August 6 now, after I've had my first fill, happy about that. More time with my son:clap2:.

Phyl, breathtaking photos, finally got to see them with the link. What a nice looking couple you all are.

lainy, hope tomorrow is better for you, and the first day post surgery is probably the worst.

jess SA, wow, 11 lbs already. You go girl.

AshRae, yes I've heard to sip Water too, but I can drink a 20 oz bottle in no time at all. I'm sure it will be diferent once we get a fill though. I think they just want us to prepare for that.

Danny, guess I gotta give it up after the great appointment I had.

Dini, Can't wait to see the tees. Hey, make mine a SMALL- it will give me some more motivation!!!

Marcy, what was your DH thinking??????? Hope the dizzyness is gone for good. Vicodine makes me sick every time. I can't take it at all.

Christy, we can start a new thread under the July 07 thread for recipes. I love the idea, I'm always cooking up something good, and I'd love to share. Glad you liked the chicken salad. I'll post that one on our new thread. I'll PM you the list of questions as it was quite long. Give me a little bit to type it all out. Oh, and thanks for the info on the plastics and dioxins. Interesting read for us women. I'll have to change some things in my own life.

Lynnette congrats on the weight loss. WOW YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!!!! You are doing awsome!!

AshRae, love the pic!! Yeah, I know what you mean on the Water. I've got 60ozs. in myself, but I only took one bottle with me to the Dr. appointment or I'd have another one down too.

I asked how much is too much, his reply was don't go over 120 ozs a day, for me personally.

ReneeMaries Dr told her to take her weight and cut it in half and drink that many ozs, so ask your Dr. for their advice. The more we drink, the faster we will LOSE!!!!

OK Christy, getting to the PM now. Let's see if my cutting worked.

Back from Dr.s:). Went real well. Down 14 1/2 lbs:whoo:, almost made the 15 lb mark!! I was thinking I should of taken off my jewelery or something:rolleyes:!!LOL!! He was very happy with my progress so he released me to lift weights and do my aerobic workout DVD's.:clap2: He wants me to stick to 3-5oz meals now, and 2 to 3- 3 oz Snacks, still staying in the 600 to 900 calories depending on how active I am that day.

He's great, he did pull my strips off:faint:, very gently, and the incision looks very well. He told me I could start using Vitamin e oil on them to help with the scaring.

I don't go back to work until August 6 now, after I've had my first fill, happy about that. More time with my son:clap2:.

AshRae, yes I've heard to sip Water too, but I can drink a 20 oz bottle in no time at all. I'm sure it will be diferent once we get a fill though. I think they just want us to prepare for that.

Thank you dear! I was stressed/confused. Because I have heard so many times, you'll have to 'sip sip sip' all day to be able to get your Fluid intake. I'm like, whatever, It's only 2, and I've drank 80oz. of Water (flavored with Crystal light) already.

So I'm curious to see how my fill will effect me. I'm ready for soft foods... I have one week and a day.

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm right behind you! :confused:

Btw, I added a picture on my avatar, and signature, so you guys know what I look like. There's a bigger version of my avatar on my profile here...

~*Ash*~

Lynette, since I took my post, deleted it, edited it, then reposted, it looks weird... cuz you've responded to my post before I even wrote it as the boards look now. :-P

~*Ash*~

Oh well, , that's ok, they'll just think I'm physic!!

Christy, I sent you PM, did you get it?

Thanks to all of you for your support. You are the ones that helped me lose that 14 1/2 lbs. I think I lost it in my fingers, all this typing I'm doing!!

But it is great to come here, especially when hunger sets in or you get to craving something you can't have. You can come here, get re- focused on your self and what you're trying to accomplish, and get your mind off other things that shouldn't be there. So thanks for all the messages, the late night chats and laughs, and everything. You guys are the best!!

Lynette, That chicken salad looks wonderful. You said it was a mushy and I have to wait a week for that. I can't wait. I am also working on my patience!! One quick question, or maybe two. Do you mean those little packages of cream cheese or 2 of the regular size packages? Also, do you have any idea what the calorie content is? I am trying to keep count on my calories as much as possible. Right now it doesn't amount to much, but I am sure that time is coming.

Also when we get to go to solid food, are we going to be on a specific diet or do you know the plan? I have done Adkins before and it worked ok for me. I just wondered if you knew.

Last thing for the day, Suddenly today (6 days after surgery) I am having terrible pain in both of my shoulders and I have a bad knee anyway and it hurts like crap today. Got any ideas? I have not had bad gas problems all along. Could that just be coming out? Just wanted anyones thoughts. Thanks!

Patti C

Anyone have an easy system to keep track of Water intact????

Get a large bottle or two that are the size equal to the amount you should be drinking in a day. When the bottles are empty, you'll know you've met your quota. Fill them each night and pop them in the fridge so you're ready to go again the next day.

Lynette - great job on the weight loss! I've only lost a couple of pounds (which seems strange since I'm not eating much, but oh well). I'm still quite swollen and I'm sure that has something to do with it. I'm not drinking much...because I don't like to, but I have bottles all over the house so there's no excuse!

I've been able to eat oatmeal and I even had some Cereal with the kids (one piece at a time and chewing it COMPLETELY). My doc has given me the go-ahead for anything as long as I feel good about it. I'm taking it slow anyway. I have to admit that I did have a couple bites of king crab last night (living here is nice sometimes), but it was hard to really chew to a pulp! It didn't bother me, but I think I won't try that again for a while.