Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

dmtjet, the only way I can post to many people at once is to write it all down on a post it note, and then type it out. I put the name down, and then something refering to what I want to type. That's the only way I can do it.

Felicia, we are glad you are back and doing well! It really isn't as bad as you may have expected, huh? I was really surprised, much easier to deal with than I thought! Shwew!!!!!

Sheelagh, welcome! We are meeting such wonderful people from virtually everywhere!!!!

Phil, have a nice few days away! Always nice to go somewhere! Check in when you get back!

Lynette, There you go!!!! I knew there had to be a way! I look through and answer as I go, before the old brain forgets, and then til I get done reading, I forget what I already wrote!!!!!!! YIKES!

:confused:Lynette, Has anyone heard anything from Laurend? I haven't seen any posts from her! Is everything okay? Kind of concerned!

I bought a scale today. It measures BMI and Weight. I haven't weighed myself since I was at the surgeon's office. I've lost 9 pounds! I'm so excited. My BMI is a little off since I began tracking because I thought I was 5'7 but we measured my hight tonight and I'm really 5'8.

Jeanie, although I didn't do it tonight and that is why I am sure I missed some, I do like Lynette and jot names and little reminders as I read so I can respond. If I am online, like tonight, I can respond individuall or to one or two messages. But it is usually only once a day I get on, unlike all these slackers around here, lounging around the house, playing on the computer, again not naming any names Lynette ;) I sure hope many of you are still home playing on the computer when I have my surgery :)

Gee, Sunny, not to mention any names huh,LOL. I'm getting better, and I've been out of the house.

dmtjet, haven't seen Laurend post in a day or two.

Wrangler, way to go on the loss.

Heading to bed, nite all.

You do realize I am just teasing you, don't you. :) Without voice inflection it is so hard to convey emotions such as teasing, sarcasm, sadness, joy, etc. We use our little smiley people and hope they get the message across. Don't know why I just rambled on about this...;)

Goodnight everyone. I am going to eat me a {{GASP}} donut ;), do a few things and go to bed. I must take advantage of this no pre-op diet while I can:biggrin1::)

Sunny, Enjoy your doughnut! Eat one for me!!!!! Night to all and see you tomorrow!!!! Keep posting, we need some interesting reading for Friday!!!!!

hi all

I did it, I am offically a bandster!!

All went well. I amback at the hotel and very tired, so I am going to sleep for a bit. Just wanted to check in.

Very little pain, it went faster than the doc expected and now I am laying on my right side, propped up, and am comfortable. The worst thing is probably the dry mouth and sore throat, but very tollerable.

Thanks for the good wishes, I will check in again tomorrow.

Jennifer

Congrats JennifernAZ!!! Glad to know you're doing well. sleep tight. Check back in tomorrow and let us know how you're doing.

AshRae, wow, you're own in-home nurse! That has to be nice.:biggrin1:

Great Sunnysunshine! We will update the calendar for you!

Forgve, glad to hear you're doing well. It seems our whole gang is doing great so far.

Trystelle, you know we'll be praying for ya! I'm sure you are well-prepared and will do just fine.

...:whoo:It is definite, my surgery is July 18th at 8 AM. Here is hoping there are no more problems!

quote]

Tinkerbell, congrats on the date. I know this can be frustrating at times. Glad you hung in there!!! I'll be updating the calendar.

Lindaa, i agree. Only a fool keeps trying what doesn't work. I already posted earlier (I think in my post to Peaches) my feelings about the 'easy way out' mentality. I think people who say this are speaking out of ignorance...and I just let them continue in their ignorance (unless I really think they would be receptive to the facts).

Lynette, you do have 2 cuties!!! And I like you're new pic, too.

Anyone heard from Breadlady??? How bout Dini?

Wow, here I thought I was the only one with a husband who didnt understand. He also told me I chose the easy way out. Before I had my son, I was active, fit and happy. After giving birth, I was 95lb overweight and depressed. He has seen just how miserable I've been these past 7 years and he also knows how many times I've tried to lose weight. I have fibromyalgia so I ache too much to get on the treadmill plus the depression and extra weight don't help much. Nothing easy about the surgery. I'ts been a miserable 2 weeks. Maybe after I lose some weight and start feeling better about myself I'll get on the treadmill and use my exercise tapes and most importantly, take my kid to the park without feeling like everyone is starring at me. I think its easy to say that its an easy way out when you don't have the weight problem just as it would be easy to say the same about a depressed person. unless you have been there or experienced it, you cant possible know.

Thanks for all you for thoughts and opinions on if we are taking the easy way out..... I agree with whoever said that it is the only way out!!

Thanks for the reassurance!! I am 100% positive that I am making the right decision for myself!

You all are awesome!! Good luck to those that were banded and also to those up to be banded!!