Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Welcome ckbw!!!!! Congratulations on the date! You will love it here, everyone is soooo nice and supportive!!!

Hi,

I had my blood work yesterday and I also had an upper GI so had to go without Water or food for 12 hours actualy I didn't have anything for 24 hours and they drew blood quiet easily. It took awhile as they had to get 6 vials. However, if you are allowed do drink lots of fluids and it does make it easier. Good Luck,

Carolyn

Good Morning! How are the new bandsters doing? How's the pain? How's the hunger? Are you sorry you did it?

Hi,

I had my blood work yesterday and I also had an upper GI so had to go without Water or food for 12 hours actualy I didn't have anything for 24 hours and they drew blood quiet easily. It took awhile as they had to get 6 vials. However, if you are allowed do drink lots of fluids and it does make it easier. Good Luck,

Carolyn

They took 14 VIALS from me :rolleyes. I haven't had to have an upper GI but that's about the ONLY test I haven't had to have:omg:

Good Morning all.

I finally slept in my bed all night long last night (the last time I tried my DH was snoring and after listening to him for 1/2 hour I went back down on my recliner) so get this, my son and I didn't get up until 9:50 when my DH called. We were out cold. Felt great to sleep in, and in my own bed. It's the little things we miss the most I guess.

Welcome LaNalgs and ckwb to the Lucky 7's.

Tinkerbell, sorry about having your surgery postponed. Was something wrong with the hospital itself, or what? What are you actually allowed to have on your pre-op? Maybe I can help you out.

lindaa, I was able to shower the next day. I was glued, and my biggest incision had tape over it, still on too.

mango24, sounds like you're doing well on your pre op, no killings yet!!

Chimboree, thanks for another great calendar.

Have to figure out what's going on with my computer. It's taking forever to change pages, and post, read my mail, etc. It's driving me batty. Going to work on it today and fix it it it kills me!!!!!!!

I dont even want to try to edit the last post but here's lets try this again,

LaNalga and ckbw, welcome. Sorry about the spellings in the last post.

I haven't been here for a couple of days and we go from 82 pages to 126 - Well I just wanted to ck in and send my shout outs to all the newbies and to those who have been banded this week. You guys have been in my prayers.. Hope to be able to catch up in the next day or to... Just wanted to say Hi ...

Tinkerbell, that must be frustrating to have been rescheduled. They moved my time at the hospital so many times that when I got there, I was apparently late! Hang in there!

Thanks to all for the heads' up on the Advil. I'm calling the office as soon as they open this morning. The hospital nurse had told me he wanted me to alternate between tylenol and advil.....now hoping that isn't wrong! :)

I have tape over all my incisions, and they told me I could shower whenever I'm ready (which will be today...feeling icky!). I can sleep on my right side, but I have to say, not being able to sleep on my tummy stinks. I'm a total tummy sleeper.

Icy, I'm a tummer sleeper too. I'm still scared to sleep on tummy even a wek and a half post-op. I just don't want to feel no pain, so I'm willing to wait a little bit more.

I agree with calling the Dr. I was told no Aspirin products anymore as it will cause erosion. I heard some people say their Dr. say just not to take too much. How do you if it's too much or not, and why take the risk of running into erosion later down the line.

Glad you're feeling well.

:)Icybreeze, I like to sleep on my stomach too, but so far haven't been able to! However, I have been sleeping pretty well. Have been in my bed since I came home and other than using two pillows to prop me up, because with one it pulls way too much ... I have been fine and if I didn't have to get up to go to the bathroom, I'd have no complaints! LOL

:clap2:My incisions look great! 4- one inch ones and one about 3 inches for my port. All are on the upper part of my abdomen and do not interfere with my pants or underclothes, which I am very thankful for!!!! There is one that can get a little agitated by a bra, but I have just been wearing tanks w/shelf bra. Works fine!

IndioGirl, 14 vials of blood ... YIKES! That doesn't sound fun at all!!!!:faint:

Lindaa, not sorry I did this at all! :whoo: Actually it is much better than I could have ever imagined! I have had thyroid surgery (which was by far the worse!!!), sleep apnea surgery, gallbladder surgery, thermal ablation, etc. and this is probably the easiest of those! Piece of cake!!!! Nah, maybe jell-o!!!!!! Diet, of course!!!!! LOL

ckbw, yes, the more you can drink prior to bloodwork, the easier it is! Unfortunately, right before surgery that is much harder. Glad it went okay!:)

:wacko:Lynette, you and me with the computer issues! My hard drive is bad in my new one and I am using an old one ... old and soooooo slow!!!! But better than nothing I suppose!!! They are to replace my hard drive within 3 business days, so we will see!!!!!! Computers are great when they are working, but a pain in the a--, when they are not!!!!! :help:

Ashrae, how's the pain pump working for you? I got pills instead but I've heard there's a lot of Dr.'s that use it now.

I love it. I got the lidocaine pump, and I got demoral in pill form. I've tried to avoid the pills just because they knock me out everytime I take even a half one.

I'm not near as sore as I was yesterday. Each day is better than the one before. Yesterday I could feel the soreness even sitting, today only when I am moving alot.

I went walking last night, not too far, but just to get myself up and about.

My mom is an RN so she's like my personal nurse, and she's making sure that I get everything I need in, Vitamins, Protein, Iron, Calcium, etc.

I made a spreadsheet, so we can keep track of everything I've taken in.

So far I'm doing ok with the liquids, altho I figure it's only a matter of days til I start longing for something more solid.

My sister is supposed to be bringing my babies over today (I have 2 nephews, and a neice), so I'm excited about that.

I also never realized how many abdominal muscles it takes to sit up, and move around...

Ok, I'll stop rambling now.

~*Ash*~

Jeanie, usually when I shut everything down and leave it off for a while it's ok when I turn it back on, but I've done this a few times in the last week, and some days it's great, others it just pokes around. Like now my printer's not working as I just tried to pring Chimborees new calendar, so I'm turning it off for a while and will try again later. I have cable connection which is supposed to be fast, but I'd love to have it faster than this, LOL.

Hi - getting ready for surgery this coming Tuesday a.m., and have seen a lot of things listed that everyone has done/tried to make the process easier. If you had to list essentials for a "survival kit" what would they be?

I saw someone mention Gas-X strips - do they help?

Advil vs. Tylenol - my Dr. told me no more Advil as well, just Tylenol. I guess my hubby and daughter will have to take my stash of Advil.

Anyway - you hints would be GREATLY appreciated - I'm shopping this weekend so I'll have everything on hand - I live in a pretty rural area - closest Walmart is 30 miles away.

Thanks!!!!

unruhlyhd, I posted this last week for others, and it may help you.

Someone wanted to know about things I had for surgery that I was glad I had, and things I wish I had. Well, I won't be much help for this. I was in and out quick, and actually used nothing from overnight bag.

I had it all, chapstick, gas x, hot waterbottle (for gas pains), robe, slippers, socks, few extra pairs of underwear (in case I strained myself getting up out of bed when I had to go to the bathroom), change of clothes (I wore home what I wore into the hospital) deoderant, a book (not a magazine because there are pictures of food in most of them), a note pad and pen (to write down questions for the Dr. so I wouldn't forget them when he came to visit) kleenex, my MP3 player, cell phone, scrunchie for my hair(if it has no metal they should let you wear it during surgery), brush, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a watch (but they had huge clocks in the rooms) and slip on shoes to wear out of the hospital (I wore sandals in and sandals out- no bending down required)

I am being banded on Tuesday!! :whoo:I am super excited, not really nervous, but startimg to wonder if I am making the right decision. :phanvanI am self pay....So I keep thinking how much money I am spending......could I do it on my own.....One more attempt and one more failure?!?

I then get back into my senses and realize how many attempts to loose weight. I loose 18 then gain 20. I have probobaly lost the same 20 pounds 6 times!!

Did any of you feel like you may be taking the easy way out?