Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hey everyone! I'm driving to TJ tomorrow for preops, though my surgery is not until Wednesday. I'm a little concerned about next week, though, because I have some driving around to do. Has anyone done some driving a few days after surgery? There won't be anyone home to help me.

Hi,

I thought I'd relate a few of my experiences at my pre-op day today! I saw a nurse anesthetist first. That went well. She was very thorough in going over my medical records, asked a lot of questions, explained the anesthesia process in pretty good detail.

Then we went to Panera bread for lunch. They serve certain Soups on certain days and I lucked out because they were serving my favorite vegetarian garden vegetable.. 90 calories a bowl. And I had a half turkey sandwich. Not bad for calories for eating out.

When we went back to see the surgeon, he decided he wanted me to have an upper g.i. so they sent me to radiology right away. That wasn't too bad until they made me lie flat on that cold, hard xray table and THEN... turn over on my stomach! I hated that! It was uncomfortable and I was afraid I was going to fall off the table.. its so narrow! They did find a hiatal hernia, but the doctor said it is small enough that he doesn't think he'll have to fix it. He is a little concerned about some abnormal "motility" in my esophagus. Hmmmm... all in all it wasn't a bad day and I was so nervous. He was very pleased with my weight loss.

One thing that made me REALLY MAD... this time when they measured me they said I was 4' 11 1/2 "!! Give me a break!! I'm happy to lose inches, but NOT IN THAT DIRECTION!! What's up with that??? So I have a FAT HEAD and I lost 1/2 inch in height!! No way!! Do you know what that did to my BMI??? Bumped it back up over 60 and I was so thrilled when it went to 59.6!! Bummer!

;):omg::):omg::confused::omg::confused::omg::confused::omg::faint:

Hey Felicia I didn't realise you were so pretty. ;) You have more courage than me, I HATE having my photo taken because of my size. I just don't feel attractive at all, so avoid cameras like the plague.

Good luck for your surgery on Wed, and to everyone else going in this week also. :)

Felicia wow your stunning! this thread is full of hotties!!!!!!!!

hello everyone? i can see a few folks are on-line anyone actually around?

i just weight my self and the scales is say 189lb yipee!!!

just wanna say hi! last night i watched Britains next top model and fell asleep on the sofa i had every intention of coming back and talking

Holly sue, you have a ticker, and I see you visited glittermaker.com also. Great job, love it!!!;)

Felicia, we have a new name for you girl, Felicialicious:kiss2:!!!! You know, like Fergie's song. So glad we got to that next page this morning. We won't go back to page 110 ever!!!HA-HA, LOL.

ronik26, I couldn't drive until I was off the perscribed pain meds. Just take it slow, wear your seat belt, even if it's akward:phanvan, and be safe.

Good Luck.

Phyllser, I see you resized Felicia's picture.:clap2: It comes up as this little box with the red x in it. Why can't I ever open these? I've treid, it's just something my computer won't allow me to open up. What do you think I need on my computer to open them?

YEAH, I just received my ID Bracelet. So excited. It's a tad too big, but if it gets to me I can always have a jeweler take out a few links.

I also received a card to have my DR sign off on, and if I mail it in, it has a 1 year waranty on it. If I ever have to have the engraving information changed, they'll change it for free, which to me would seem like I'd get a new one. I'm loving it.:heh:

Lynette,

Unfortunately I can't have cottage cheese or anything "soft" yet. My doctor requires a two week liquid phase then a two week soft phase. Last night, I liquified some clam chowder and that helped. I've been drinking the extra Protein Slim Fast shakes to up the protein levels. Living on liquid has been much harder than the surgery itself.

Cherrybomb, I'm on a two week liquid also, but I can eat cottage cheese or a scrambled egg, as long as I puree it first. I have been buying the small curd, so I don't puree it. Can you eat pudding? I can on my liquids phase. I mix Protein Powder into it, by hand. I add the unflavored Protein to Soups and applesauce too.

Do you like egg drop Soup? It has some protein because of the eggs, and you could always blend it a little if the pieces are too big.

thanks lynette.

i was so shocked. i deal with stones and it said 13 1/2 stone i was so chuffed.

whats happened to the site. its so long and out of proportion ?? how you doing today?

It's only page 110. Felicia downloaded a picture, a very huge picture, and it made everything on the page out of proportion. It was hilarious.

I was laughing so hard, again, I thought I was going to strain my port again.

Doing wonderful. Getting ready to clean up the house a bit. Told DH I'd try to come up with something for dinner for him and Hunter tonight so he didn't have to eat fast food again, so I'm going to be cleaning out the fridge, etc, and cooking today. I've rested enough I think.

Phyllser, I see you resized Felicia's picture.clap2.gif It comes up as this little box with the red x in it. Why can't I ever open these? I've treid, it's just something my computer won't allow me to open up. What do you think I need on my computer to open them?

Hi,

It did that to me once last night but now its fine. Try closing your browser and opening it again.

Phyl, no luck but thanks for trying to hel. At least I got to see the bigger one!!!

I can't believe you we're smaller. We're you wearing your hair differently, sometimes it makes a diference. Maybe they mis-measured.

Can't wait to hear from out Monday Bandsters. Hope everything went well for ALL.

ah i've a diffeerent set up than you lynette so. i've got 50 post per page so i've still got it out of size!

i was talking to the nurse today, about me being hungry and she said not to worry at all its totally normal, some peoples restrictions dont last as long as others once i eat healthy. which i'm trying to do! no fried foods no sweets. no carbonated drinks. i'm watching the calories on everything. i must admit i'm very bored of it but what can you do!!! can't wait for my fill. she said sometimes it can take 3 months to get the right fill and stuff! i;m hoping that it wont take that long and on the 25th i'll have my fill on be on my way again!

i'm going to Italy on the 26th of Aug and it will be the first time since i got the band that i see my dad and i want him to see the difference in me!

can yuo eat solids yet? will you eat with the boys tonight?

Dini, no solids until 4 weeks post op. I'm on liquids until next Tureday when I go to see the Dr. Only he can progress my diet. My first fill is July 31. So just the boys will be eating, and I'll be drinking, or eating something liquified.

How far are you from Italy? I'd love to travel over seas, but I don't think I'd make the flight. Too long for me to be cooped in a small area.

My dream would be to go to Paris,France. I took 5 years of French in highschool. Now I feel like it was a waist of time, since I don't even use it.

Oh well, going to get going on my cleaning. I'll check back in a little bit. I'm going to go thru Hunter's toys today and try to get rid of some. He has so much he doesn't play with that I'd love to donate and get out of the house. They are piled high in his room and my living room. Can't stand it no more.

Congrats again on the lweight loss. I'm sure your father will definitely see a difference when you visit.

Bye babes.