Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Hi. I am glad that someone else my age is in here. I feel, that maybe I am too old to do something like this, but I just do not want to carry this weight around any more. My knees are going and I have already had a hip replacement. I want to enjoy what is left of my life. I want to travel and have some fun.

Hi. I am glad that someone else my age is in here. I feel, that maybe I am too old to do something like this, but I just do not want to carry this weight around any more. My knees are going and I have already had a hip replacement. I want to enjoy what is left of my life. I want to travel and have some fun.

Hi Connie; Congrats on your decision... I am Canadian too and was also self pay, although I had my surg done in Toronto. Who is doing your work in Mexico? Who is looking after you for AFTER CARE and FILLS??? Make sure you have someone lined up for afterwards.

All us "Lucky 7's" were banded almost 2 years ago! So we are ol' broads...

:wink:

Janet, thanks for the words of wisdom. You are absolutely right! I guess I'm more worried about being alone this fall than I thought. Thanks again, for knowing just what to say to put things into perspective, that's why I love you. 99% of the time I love being alone, it is just once in a while that I get lonely or should a say a little 'randy'. I know TMI.

Steph should be home this evening, then I guess she has a motorcycle rally, I bet she makes a 'hot' biker chick, then she drives BACK to Helena for next week. She showed me her drive from Plentywood to Helena on Google Earth, my gosh, she could put a stick in the steeringwheel and take a nap and would still stay on the road. I don't know how she does it. But I am not a fan of a destination road trip, I don't have the patience. Now a good meandering road trip with frequent quilt store shops will put me in heaven.

Going to do some major cleaning, okay minor cleaning today after we get back from the oral surgeon. Elyse will be drugged out for the day, so I should get a few things done. But I do have a nap scheduled. This week at the workshop were late nights and early mornings. Functioned on about 5 hours a sleep a night, I am more of a 7 hour sleeper to be happy.

Catch you all later after Elyse's surgery.

Karla - Hope DD extractions goes well, good thoughts being sent.

I gotta say I am looking forward to DGS leaving - I know it will be weird for a minute - but this is my time in my life - I won't have to worry about anyone but me - and as soon as I get use to being alone - he'll be back !!! but maybe not who know..

IMHO you really need to focus on you and your issues - you have to come to terms that you are never going to change the past - you have no control over other pple - the only thing you have control over is you... Get healthy - put you first - now you will have the time to do this...

Naps are always good - I am going to need one this afternoon or some extra strong ice tea - been up since 4:10 a.m. !!!!!

Hi Connie - Congrats on your date - and no you aren't too old - both Peaches & I were 52 when banded and Phyl in her 60's -

I totally here you about improving the quality of the yrs you have left - this was the exact reason I was banded.

You are welcome to pop in our 2007 thread anytime - I know I was lurking on your 2009 thread yesterday - spouting out some words of advice for the new banders - but gotta say doesn't seem like your thread has as many pple as we did in the beginning and omw - in the beginning we would have 10 pages a day to read ...

Hi Connie; Congrats on your decision... I am Canadian too and was also self pay, although I had my surg done in Toronto. Who is doing your work in Mexico? Who is looking after you for AFTER CARE and FILLS??? Make sure you have someone lined up for afterwards.

All us "Lucky 7's" were banded almost 2 years ago! So we are ol' broads...

:wink:

Candice - No we are New & Improved Ol' broads :0) - You leave tomorrow for France don't you ??? Are you packed and ready - How long will you be gone??

OMG, no not packed yet! Its tomorrow and we'll be gone 15 days.

Problems at home, My oldest Dog is sick... had her to the vet this a.m. Infection in her neck.... man I hate this.. its my DH doggy girl too... so he is very upset about leaving tomorow.

My GF Michelle is watching the dogs, so hopefully everything will heal properly and quickly.

Got 2 more px at work and then I get to leave! YEAH!!! Perhaps I'll pack this aft.:wink:

Problems at home, My oldest Dog is sick... had her to the vet this a.m. Infection in her neck.... man I hate this.. its my DH doggy girl too... so he is very upset about leaving tomorow.

My GF Michelle is watching the dogs, so hopefully everything will heal properly and quickly.

Got 2 more px at work and then I get to leave! YEAH!!! Perhaps I'll pack this aft.:wink:

Hugs on your baby being sick !!!!

Ya I think you need to pack gf - :0) if you are leaving tomorrow - but again just another excuse to buy over there,,

Hey--don't forget me--I'm part of the 50-something gang too, AND I was banded in Mexico. Welcome Connie! I don't post as much as some other ppl, but I'm still a part of the group, even if they do tend to forget about me! :wink:

Oh, Candice--enjoy France! Be sure to post lots of pics! Watch the Eclairs, or will the wine do you in? Gosh, we'll have so much to talk about next month!

Janet--I take it that Andrew is "permanently" moved out? Hope all is well!

Phly--I recall reading somewhere that you chatted with Steven recently. How'd that go? Hoping for the best.

Well, the weeds got a headstart while I was gone. Gotta get to them now, while I can!

Connie, welcome. I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz in MX this March, so although I am a newbie, I get to hang out with all these vintage ladies. I am also 50, so don't let that worry you. So far I have lost 47 pounds and doing pretty good.

Candice, sorry about the baby, but it sounds like she will be in good hands, so TRY not to worry too much.

Janet, you are always right. But we also know I have an obsessive personality.

Linda, go beat back those weeds, once you get them pulled, but some PREEN on your beds. It is a 'pre-emergent' that stops seeds from germinating. It really helps keep the weeds under control, however, don't use it if you have flowers that you want to re-seed. Although I have used it on a bed that had California poppies, and it didn't seem to stop them much, good thing I like them.

DH came through surgery well, it only took 20 min, but she always wakes up crying after anesthesia and it just breaks my heart. Stopped and got her a shake and some meds, so now she is in a ice packed loratab daze in the recliner.

Well, it is nap time. I'm sure I will check in later, can we say obsession....

Mommy - I wanna come back!!! R&R is WAAAAAAY better than curriculum development. Plus...I am freezing. I went to work with DH so that I would stay more focused (not so certain it worked!!) but the A/C in here is so cold that I wan to cry. It is like 84 degrees outside and I am sitting in the office with a long sleeve shirt and a coat. I think it is 64 in here according to the thermostat.

Karla - Responding to your post from Facebook, I have started my new job. Officially I don't start until July 1 (my birthday) but I have 12 classes that I need to have completed (EVERYTHING...assessments, projects, readings, labs...you name it) by August 1. So I figured that it was better to get started early. This is my favorite part of teaching so it doesn't bother me much. I have taught Earth Science twice (once to VERY low level students in Vegas and once to not so bright students in college). This is just a totally different system than what most people teach from so it pretty much all has to come from my brain. I am excited though...just a little overwhelmed by the amount of work there is to do. I did get the assessment and project (both with rubrics) completed for the first standard of this integrated science class, so I definetly made a dent today.

Okay...back to work.

Hey--don't forget me--I'm part of the 50-something gang too, AND I was banded in Mexico. Welcome Connie! I don't post as much as some other ppl, but I'm still a part of the group, even if they do tend to forget about me! :)

Oh, Candice--enjoy France! Be sure to post lots of pics! Watch the Eclairs, or will the wine do you in? Gosh, we'll have so much to talk about next month!

Janet--I take it that Andrew is "permanently" moved out? Hope all is well!

Phly--I recall reading somewhere that you chatted with Steven recently. How'd that go? Hoping for the best.

Well, the weeds got a headstart while I was gone. Gotta get to them now, while I can!

Oh So Sorry Linda - my bad - See I guess you gotta come around more :0)

When you were here in March didn't you go to the bath shop and get stuff - Karri and I went there and I got lemon salt scrub and lotion - I remember you going back there when we were at Starbucks...

No Andrew isn't leaving until after I get back from Canada..

Janet, you are always right. But we also know I have an obsessive personality.

Well Karla - you need to use that obessivie personality to your advantage !!! Be obsessive about eating healthy !!!! lol - that's what I have done (and my DD too)

Heck today at lunch there were 2 boxes of donuts in the lunch room - and today is a hungry day - I ate my chicken & spinach - and was still feeling like I could fit a donut in - but alas - I can't fit a size 2 or 4 - if I eat donuts - so NONE FOR ME TODAY!!!

You can call me a little obsessive too - but I use it to my benefit - not to work against me - why would I do that - I love me !!

Mommy - I wanna come back!!! R&R is WAAAAAAY better than curriculum development. Plus...I am freezing. I went to work with DH so that I would stay more focused (not so certain it worked!!) but the A/C in here is so cold that I wan to cry. It is like 84 degrees outside and I am sitting in the office with a long sleeve shirt and a coat. I think it is 64 in here according to the thermostat.

Okay...back to work.

OMW I can't believe you just said that R&R better than work :0) and ya I hear your DH isn't feeding you either - I bet you are missing me fixing you Breakfast too - lol :thumbup:

And guess what - It's warmed up today !!!! In fact last night the the pool thermisat said 83

Hell go turn the damn a/c off - why would you even need it there this time of year - turn it up at least to 78!!!

Yep you can come home anytime :0)

Thanks guys

I am really looking forward to finally getting down in weight. I have tried everything, and they all work, but then you feel so deprived, and alas the cycle starts again.

Thanks guys

I am really looking forward to finally getting down in weight. I have tried everything, and they all work, but then you feel so deprived, and alas the cycle starts again.

Connie

Here's something the 50+ group told me when I 1st joined LBT - It's only a tool (the band) it's not going to solve your issues with food.< /p>

The band doesn't stop you from eating certain foods - that we call sliders - ie - Cookies, candy, milk shakes, adult beverages, gravy, cake etc -

The only thing the band does once you get proper restriction (which can take a while for some) is to make you fuller on a smaller amount of food.

Be prepared, as so many pple make the mistake of thinking that this is the magic they always wanted - but alas after surgery they find out that it isn't the magic cure all - and that they do have to do the work..

For me it wasn't as much of getting the weight off - just like you I've done it many times before - but always regained plus more -

I assume you have done WW and this is where they always preach Lifestyle Change - Well for me those words really sunk in when I was banded - It's not about dieting - they just don't work - cuz what happens when you go off them and go back to eating NORMAL... You regain the weight plus some - Well the light bulb finally went off in my head "YOUR EATING NORMAL IS WHAT GOT YOU FAT IN THE 1ST PLACE"

Don't ask me why it took me 52 yrs to figure that one out.. But it did - By changing my eating habit and with the help of my band - I have lost 112 lbs (105 of that in 1 yr 1 week)

Thanks, I hope it all clicks for me too. I know I have some food issues. I also know that I am going to have to find things to do when I am feeling depressed.And not medicate with food.

I never feel full, I can eat forever and never feel satisfied. I hoping that part will help me. When I tried ponderol , I would only take a bite of food and feel full. I hoping that this will do this.

Got 2 more px at work and then I get to leave! YEAH!!! Perhaps I'll pack this aft.:thumbup:

So sorry about your dog, Candace. Hope she heals well, and quickly!

Have a wonderful time in France! We'll be waiting to see photos. Are you renting from Car?? I remeber seing dialogue between you. That seems like it would be a really fun thing to do.

Hey--don't forget me--I'm part of the 50-something gang too, AND I was banded in Mexico. Welcome Connie! I don't post as much as some other ppl, but I'm still a part of the group, even if they do tend to forget about me! :)

Phyl--I recall reading somewhere that you chatted with Steven recently. How'd that go? Hoping for the best.

How could we forget you?? We love you!

Yes, I did talk to Steve. He is still cultivating the internet relationship with the Philippine gal who is almost young enough to be his daughter (36 vs. 20)! We mostly talked about his oldest son, who at 16 is now living with his girlfriend. If Steve and/or his (estranged) wife don't take control, he'll soon be a grandpa and I'll be a great-grandma! DIL is an alcoholic who lives in LALA Land! GS girlfriend allready had one scare in that arena! Steve is more focused on going to the Philippines to meet his internet girlfriend, who continues to chat me up on FB. AT least she is now calling me "mam" instead of "mom". GRrrrr! I told her two nights ago that if Steve had money for a trip, it needed to be to Spokane to take control of the situation with his son! I talkd to GS other grandparents about the same time. Nothing they can do. GS has been allowed to call the shots. Thinking of asking Tracy if she wants to take a "road trip" to Spokane (and Montana to deliver Steph's breast cancer quilt), and we can visit GS and try to knock some sense in to his head!! We were looking forward to driving to NY until DHs talked us out of it.

Connie, welcome. I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz in MX this March, so although I am a newbie, I get to hang out with all these vintage ladies. I am also 50, so don't let that worry you. So far I have lost 47 pounds and doing pretty good.

Linda, go beat back those weeds, once you get them pulled, but some PREEN on your beds. It is a 'pre-emergent' that stops seeds from germinating. It really helps keep the weeds under control, however, don't use it if you have flowers that you want to re-seed. Although I have used it on a bed that had California poppies, and it didn't seem to stop them much, good thing I like them.

DH came through surgery well, it only took 20 min, but she always wakes up crying after anesthesia and it just breaks my heart. Stopped and got her a shake and some meds, so now she is in a ice packed loratab daze in the recliner.

So nice to have a gardener in residence here!

Ice packed Lortab daze sounds very pleasant at the moment. I need an escape!

Karla - Responding to your post from Facebook, I have started my new job. Officially I don't start until July 1 (my birthday) but I have 12 classes that I need to have completed (EVERYTHING...assessments, projects, readings, labs...you name it) by August 1. So I figured that it was better to get started early. This is my favorite part of teaching so it doesn't bother me much. I have taught Earth Science twice (once to VERY low level students in Vegas and once to not so bright students in college). This is just a totally different system than what most people teach from so it pretty much all has to come from my brain. I am excited though...just a little overwhelmed by the amount of work there is to do. I did get the assessment and project (both with rubrics) completed for the first standard of this integrated science class, so I definetly made a dent today.

Okay...back to work.

So happy for your new job. DD got laid off from her high school health room job. She was there 4 years. Today was her last day and there wasn't even a decent "farewell". Nurse she works for just told her she was going to a staff luncheon so DD may as well go home because there was nothing more to do! She was pretty hurt. Tried to get her to go to lunch with me but she was too bummed out.

Didn't you just love that warm CA air, Karri??! I love it down there and I don't think the summer heat would bother me a bit. Up here I am ALWAYS cold. Everyone else can be in short sleeves and I'm wearing a jacket or sweatshirt... even a hooded sweatshirt.

Lunch was not good. Went with ladies from church for a birthday luncheon for one of them... fancy tea house... not exactly my cup of tea.. pun intended! I should've made a more intelligent choice.. like quiche, but I ordered Soup and spinach salad. So.... by the time they added my pot of tea, tax and tip, i paid $17 for a small bowl of Tomato Soup and spinach salad that had absolutely nothing in it but a few slivers of almond and some mandarin oranges. I was expecting some onion, bacon bits, boiled egg.... something. So I got absolutely no Protein. And the service was so slow we were there going on 2 hrs. Good company, at least, but I left somewhat annoyed at what I got for the money. And I realized the spinach wasn't going down well, so I ate very little of the salad.

Thanks guys

Welcome, Connie!

Forgot.... ortho surgeon's office called today. They are mailing me the pre-op instructions for my primary care doc. Won't schedule surgery until they see me on July 2nd. I hope to get all the preliminaries done by then and hoping for a surgery date in early Aug, right after our trip. I think I will get my new knee this summer afterall!

Hooray!