Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

At work, ate tuna salad and WW crackers for Breaky

lunch will probably be protien bar.

Supper, well I'll be home by then

GOOD MORNING GANG

I got a Wii - fit & new sport... Yep I did it - you all talk about it so much I didn't want to be left out :biggrin:

Well I am very uncoordinated - they call it balance but its that I can't move my feet then add arms !!!! But my wii fit age on something last night was 49 - so not bad..

Do you do it with shoes on or off - last night I did it with no shoes (30 minutes) and this morning (got up at 4:30) did it with shoes - So far the down hill jump I did the best on - sucked on the down hill skiing - step was sorta dumb - again I do better when some one is calling out the instructions and not looking at the screen.. I guess it's about practice and learning the system..

So I am in on the Wii challenge too - last night 30 minutes - I was on the phone for 1.5 hrs with a lady from Virginia who is being banded 6/17 - we have been talking since last year - then my DIL called - I didn't get off the phone till after 8:30 - I think i did 30 minutes this morning - not sure I will ck tonite - when I do some more - but it does get you sweating....:eek:

Yesterday food -

BF - egg & bacon (guts of a jimmy dean egg mcmuffin) the whole thing is 200 c - but I just had the egg/bacon threw away the muffin & cheese - oh ya had a ww string cheese 50 ca - so I am guessing total bf 125 cal

Lunch - Chicken/ salad - 310 cal

Dinner - Tuna/Salad/avocado/dressing/onion = 360 cal

Snack - Jerky 35 - juice 80 - chicken tender 200

Total 1110 cal

Your story was toooo funny! Reminded me of my adventure when we were home in NY last summer. Went to the county fair and tried eating a part of a hamburger and an ear of corn. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to find garbage cans in obscure locations where people wouldn't see me barfing! I was miserable for quite a while. Only time I've had a PBing episode that went on for HOURS!

10_2_5.gif

BTW.... DS is NOT flying his airplane up.. he decided he'd drive up with the rest of the family. He's been stressing over the fix he needs to do and decided he wasn't going to try to rush through it. He needs some time to think it through. A part that he just had to replace is now causing some electrical static and malfunction of some of his indicators. So he may have to build a new harness and insulate the wires so they stop causing interference... At least... that's how I understand it.. as explained by DIL.

I am glad to hear this !!!! Phyl I gotta give you major props for doing the wii with your knee issues - OMW - I can just imagine how it hurts you !!!!

Karri, you missed your true calling!!!! Your story was fabulous...I wish I could write...but alas I have a writing phobia. I have only had a serious PB, naturally it was in public, in the restraunt, and I can contest that there fingers can NEVER clench tight enough. Karri, seriously, you should consider taking science concepts and write them into comedic stories. You will be rich AND since I was the first to suggest it, NATURALLY I will gladly receive my portion of the royalties in check form. Please think about it.

Anyway, need to go find some solid food. Check in later.

Oh, chatted with Steph, she had a great time and is on her way home.

Also, good news from dad's oncologist, the cancer has shrunk to half the size and they are putting him into a cancer study for a medication and that is showing huge success.

Karla - It's great news about your Dad !!!

Take it that some of your food yesterday wasn't solid :tt1:

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,378/128/53/47

CANDICE - I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU :biggrin:- I SHOULD HAVE MADE THIS CHALLENGE AGES AGO - LOOK HOW WELL YOU HAVE DONE IN THE LAST WEEK !!!! (check out her ticker!!!) KEEP IT UP GIRL YOU ARE DOING FANTASTIC !!!:thumbup:

Karri - Loved the story, and I will never feel guilty about not eating carrots again. I don't like them. Yuk!

I almost projectile vomited in a resturant for lunch yesterday. This is a big big fear for me. Resturants scare me!!!!!

Cals today 930, protien on 29

Didn't exercise today, took a very long nap, then went grocery shopping

Denise - Calories good:thumbup: - I don't count Protein any longer - but I do have some at every meal - (well most days) Heck the way I look at it some days you want carbs (healthy and in moderation) and you don't have much taste for protein - but it all even out. Last night it was 9:30 when I go off the wii - and it was too late to cook - so I was going to have just a regular salad - but knew I needed protein so threw in a 3 oz can of tuna..

Well off to get some work done... CBL

TGIF !!!

Down 5 pounds....Yep...its official...I lost 5 pounds. Now MY new challenge is 7 more by my birthday (July 1). That shouldn't be too hard considering that I will be spending a week with the resident sheriff!! Then 5 more by August 1. That will put me just under the threshold for my healthy BMI and then it is maintenance. I really believe that with the new job that maintenance will be much easier. I will have more time to train, workout, and eat actual meals. We have a kitchen in the building where I can fix good meals for me. I won't EVER be getting there at 4AM because we don't have to plan daily activities because all of the "practice" work is done on the computer. I basically run my classes like a college professor. Lecture times, lab times, and office hours...that will be my life. I have NEVER been this excited about a job. So YES...now I am excited to get to work.

Janet...I am glad that you got the Wii because I wasn't going to give mine up now...We are moving AGAIN...but I made DH sign a 6 month lease this time. However, we now have a place where I can actually play. Did you get the New EA Active sport that goes with it? I want this one. I am not a HUGE fan of Wii Fit...it goes too slowly for me. I don't like that you have to do an exercise, click all the buttons to get to the next one, and then don another exercise. I guess the new EA active just has you go from one exercise to the next with no interruptions. I am going to wait until I can get it free with my points from my Best Buy Mastercard.

Okay...still on liquids today after my run in with the carrot yesterday. I am going to try mushies later today, but right now I am freaking hungry and nothing is taking the edge off. Going to try some watered down oatmeal and see if that helps.

Janet...I am glad that you got the Wii because I wasn't going to give mine up now...We are moving AGAIN...but I made DH sign a 6 month lease this time. However, we now have a place where I can actually play. Did you get the New EA Active sport that goes with it? I want this one. I am not a HUGE fan of Wii Fit...it goes too slowly for me. I don't like that you have to do an exercise, click all the buttons to get to the next one, and then don another exercise. I guess the new EA active just has you go from one exercise to the next with no interruptions. I am going to wait until I can get it free with my points from my Best Buy Mastercard.

Okay...still on liquids today after my run in with the carrot yesterday. I am going to try mushies later today, but right now I am freaking hungry and nothing is taking the edge off. Going to try some watered down oatmeal and see if that helps.

Ya I got the EA too - I haven't tried that one yet - but my trainer says that working with bands is a really good exercise

I agree with you on the wii fit - it is a little slow even though I am not good - I hate how long it takes you to get back to the actual exercise - like the step this morning and then hula hoop - But I did work up a little sweat this am - and I was moving and not sitting on my arse... so that's something..

I am going to try the EA tonite...

I need to know barefoot or with shoes - the whole reason I really got it was cuz I figured I could do it on the days I don't go to the gym Sunday - Thurs - Friday and those Tuesdays that I don't make it - or can do in the morning on the days I do go to the gym -

Does anyone have any of the other games (exercise) like Jillian Michales - I think I may look at the viedo store and try them out before I buy anything...

Ok back to work...

Darling - I am the resident sheriff - but dosen't mean I always pratice what I preach - heck if I did I wouldn't have had a weight of 143 !!!!

I think it's just that I can't keep the scale at 138 like I was doing - since Easter - it has been flucating 138 maybe 3 time - but usually around 139 - 140 - 141

I know I am obessing - but imho - i think it's better than saying "f" it and letting those lbs keep adding up til I'm back at 250 !!!

Karri, YEAH FIVE LBS GONE!!!:tongue2:

perhaps those little Terrorist Carrots were good to you after all LOL.

I'll join you on the next WL Challenge, just let me know the parameters....

Janet: don't be concerned about your Wii age, balance is the one that is tricky to improve... it takes practice... and its fun getting the Practice.. each day you'll get more control over your core muscles... I LOVE the YOGA stuff, I prefer that to the balance which I SUCK at too.

LOVE the boxing and step aerobics.. I figured out a way to use my ROWING machine and have it count for Free form Step Aerobics... I just have to place th controller in my pocket while I row, and it counts it as a step... I feel SO clever :unsure:

one px left todya

Ya I got the EA too - I haven't tried that one yet - but my trainer says that working with bands is a really good exercise

I agree with you on the wii fit - it is a little slow even though I am not good - I hate how long it takes you to get back to the actual exercise - like the step this morning and then hula hoop - But I did work up a little sweat this am - and I was moving and not sitting on my arse... so that's something..

I am going to try the EA tonite...

I need to know barefoot or with shoes - the whole reason I really got it was cuz I figured I could do it on the days I don't go to the gym Sunday - Thurs - Friday and those Tuesdays that I don't make it - or can do in the morning on the days I do go to the gym -

Does anyone have any of the other games (exercise) like Jillian Michales - I think I may look at the viedo store and try them out before I buy anything...

Ok back to work...

Darling - I am the resident sheriff - but dosen't mean I always pratice what I preach - heck if I did I wouldn't have had a weight of 143 !!!!

I think it's just that I can't keep the scale at 138 like I was doing - since Easter - it has been flucating 138 maybe 3 time - but usually around 139 - 140 - 141

I know I am obessing - but imho - i think it's better than saying "f" it and letting those lbs keep adding up til I'm back at 250 !!!

Well we WILL be practicing what we preach when I am there. I have promised myself that as soon as I get below the 150 mark I get to make the appt with my PS to get a quote about my reverse TT and breast reduction. So I am HELL bent on getting there.

I think I normally do the Wii without shoes.

I am glad you got the EA active because now I can try it out. I have 2 olympic games that I will bring when I come. However, my favorite is still the original game that comes with the Wii console. I can school you in boxing!!!! That is by FAR my favorite activity. And you can burn more than a few calories. I mean it is not like running but 254 calories per hour according to my body bugg.

Well we WILL be practicing what we preach when I am there. I have promised myself that as soon as I get below the 150 mark I get to make the appt with my PS to get a quote about my reverse TT and breast reduction. So I am HELL bent on getting there.

I think I normally do the Wii without shoes.

I am glad you got the EA active because now I can try it out. I have 2 olympic games that I will bring when I come. However, my favorite is still the original game that comes with the Wii console. I can school you in boxing!!!! That is by FAR my favorite activity. And you can burn more than a few calories. I mean it is not like running but 254 calories per hour according to my body bugg.

Karri, what are you talking about a "reverse TT???" I get the breast reduction.... but WTF???

Totals for today MINUTESCALORIES BURNED Cycling 10-11.9 mph (bicycling, biking, bike riding) 50 392

CALORIESCARBSFATPROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,431

O.k. so since I last posted, I finished dinner, and then took my BIKE ride... and went for 50 minutes...

Getting closer to home... I stopped at a friends house on the CHANCE that she might be home - they had just finished dinner so she invited me in... smelly and all...

We sat and had TWO glasses of red wine and just chatted and got caught up on stuff... she's coming over in the a.m. to split off some perennials that are taking over MY yard...

SO... I amended my calories as you can see 1431 for today, but 392 - biking.... so that's not too bad.... I really hadn't planned on having any booze today!!!

OH the weekend, and FINALY we had a NICE weather day here... I was biking in just a t=shirt and light pants... very comfortable.

Edited by peaches9
more stuff to enter

Okay Janet, that just isn't fair, make me the only one who doesn't have a wii!!!!

Friday is over, I spent most of the time at school going through my bookshelves and cupboards. If I haven't used it in 10 years it has to go. Managed to fill 2 lawn and leaf bags and that was only ONE book shelf. I did run across a yearbook from one of the first years I was teaching in nevada. Man I was young!!!! and THIN. The one thing I really noticed was that all that I do to try a new hair style, I keep ending back with the same thing. Also, looking at the staff pics I found that the names may change, but the people are just the same where ever you are. I might be in montana, but there is still that same type of people as there was in nevada.

food was good today, yogurt & granola for Breakfast (sm. amount of yogurt), lunch, tuna, celery, mandarines and avocado, snack, Protein Bar, dinner...probably shrimp/veggi skewers and sweet potatoes.

Will be spending most of tomorrow planting my pots and then cleaning a friends pond. it is going to be cooler here over the weekend.

I haven't stepped on the scale, I will on Monday to see how I did this week. I'll let you know.

I'm wearing a size 2!!!

So I needed to get some shorts to go to Janet's and since my trip yesterday was aborted due to the terrorist carrots I went today. I found a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt size 2 shorts that fit. And yes...I can still breathe in them!

As for the reverse Tummy Tuck, it is where they cut you just underneath your breasts (all the way across like a normal tummy tuck) and pull the skin UP. If you remember my Jabba the Hut belly from before I had 2 very distinct rolls. Well she told me that there was no way that they could get all of the skin from up top and that if I wanted to I could get the reverse tummy tuck at the same time that I got the lift/reduction. Well I still have a lot of loose skin so I figure that when I get the reduction/lift (which I desperately need....I have "knee"pples...not nipples) I will get the reverse TT. DH and I are still "negotiating" on my final size. I would like to go to a B and he says nothing smaller than a C. I just want to fit into clothes. I tried on 20 swimming suits and nothing works. (Hope your in for a long day of shopping Mommy) A one piece is completely out of the questions. If it fits below my boobs it so skimpy through the upper area that I look like bread dough over filling its container. If it fits though the breast area then you could fit a small child into the suit with me. I was REALLY hoping that when I lost the weight that I was going to lose their...but I only went from a DDD to a DD. DID NOT MAKE ME HAPPY.

Well we got a new Wii game (rented it) so I am going to go play.

Oh yeah...the union at school made it official...they are on a 4 day work week. SOOOOOOOOO happy I will not be there!

Okay Janet, that just isn't fair, make me the only one who doesn't have a wii!!!!

Go and buy it for yourself, you DESERVE it... You are working so hard into your new lifestyle... if this one little treat makes you enjoy exercising and keeping fit its an investment in YOURSELF...

Friday is over, I spent most of the time at school going through my bookshelves and cupboards. If I haven't used it in 10 years it has to go. Managed to fill 2 lawn and leaf bags and that was only ONE book shelf. I did run across a yearbook from one of the first years I was teaching in nevada. Man I was young!!!! and THIN. The one thing I really noticed was that all that I do to try a new hair style, I keep ending back with the same thing. Also, looking at the staff pics I found that the names may change, but the people are just the same where ever you are. I might be in montana, but there is still that same type of people as there was in nevada.

food was good today, yogurt & granola for breakfast (sm. amount of yogurt), lunch, tuna, celery, mandarines and avocado, snack, Protein bar, dinner...probably shrimp/veggi skewers and sweet potatoes.

AWesome food choices today girl!

Will be spending most of tomorrow planting my pots and then cleaning a friends pond. it is going to be cooler here over the weekend.

I haven't stepped on the scale, I will on Monday to see how I did this week. I'll let you know.

I'm wearing a size 2!!!

So I needed to get some shorts to go to Janet's and since my trip yesterday was aborted due to the terrorist carrots I went today. I found a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt size 2 shorts that fit. And yes...I can still breathe in them!

WOW, a size 2 I can't even fathom ever being able to be that small!! You must be so proud of YOU, I know we all are :unsure:

As for the reverse Tummy Tuck, it is where they cut you just underneath your breasts (all the way across like a normal tummy tuck) and pull the skin UP. If you remember my Jabba the Hut belly from before I had 2 very distinct rolls. Well she told me that there was no way that they could get all of the skin from up top and that if I wanted to I could get the reverse tummy tuck at the same time that I got the lift/reduction. Well I still have a lot of loose skin so I figure that when I get the reduction/lift (which I desperately need....I have "knee"pples...not nipples) I will get the reverse TT. DH and I are still "negotiating" on my final size. I would like to go to a B and he says nothing smaller than a C. I just want to fit into clothes. I tried on 20 swimming suits and nothing works. (Hope your in for a long day of shopping Mommy) A one piece is completely out of the questions. If it fits below my boobs it so skimpy through the upper area that I look like bread dough over filling its container. If it fits though the breast area then you could fit a small child into the suit with me. I was REALLY hoping that when I lost the weight that I was going to lose their...but I only went from a DDD to a DD. DID NOT MAKE ME HAPPY.

Oh, alright Reverse TT makes total sense now... thanks for the explanation!

I concur with your DH don't go down to less than a "C" cup... because you've been a large chested girl all your life... looking down after the surgery would be TRAMATIC!!

Trust me on this one. I had a reduction in '93... went from a "EE" and I asked the DOC for "A"

cups... he said absolutely NO WAY! too drastic for me psycologically... get it? I ended up very happy with his decision.

As it turns out (many years later, diets up, diets down) I am still currently a "DD" which I will asume will go down when I lose my last 30 lbs.

I'll probably end up a "D" or a "C"... that'll be o.k. as long as I can continue to find OPRAH bras to make the "GIRLS" look good....!!!!

Oh yeah...the union at school made it official...they are on a 4 day work week. SOOOOOOOOO happy I will not be there!

more later... I am yappy tonight eh???

NSV... my hubby has been away this week..... I have NOT eaten JUNK.... did you hear me????

NO JUNK!!!! I've journaled my food, gotten off my fat ass and exercised.... I am liking the bike for transportation.

Now the real test will be on Sunday, when I visit my Mom.... usually there are Goodies Galore that are hard to resist...plus I do this emotional eating behaviour too.... ARGH~~~

I will make a plan for sunday!~~~( I promis Janet)

Another Post gone!!!!!:tongue2::cursing::thumbup: It wasn't much just telling Candice that my balance truly isn't bad - it's my cordanation that is - when I am suppose to lean right I lean left and about karri tt - she explained it better than me..

Kari I did the running this morning and like I said - I broke into a little sweat.. But again I am a big head sweater - my trainer said that's good cuz you are burning calories - might not be true I don't beleive everything he says - but I like to think it does

food was good today, yogurt & granola for breakfast (sm. amount of yogurt), lunch, tuna, celery, mandarines and avocado, snack, Protein bar, dinner...probably shrimp/veggi skewers and sweet potatoes.

Sorry Karla - I just couldn't take it anymore !!! Everyone is always talking about their Wii - for 2 yrs now they have been - and I figured that I could use it mostly on my off days from the gym...

Karri, YEAH FIVE LBS GONE!!!:thumbup:

perhaps those little Terrorist Carrots were good to you after all LOL.

I'll join you on the next WL Challenge, just let me know the parameters....

Janet: don't be concerned about your Wii age, balance is the one that is tricky to improve... it takes practice... and its fun getting the Practice.. each day you'll get more control over your core muscles... I LOVE the YOGA stuff, I prefer that to the balance which I SUCK at too.

LOVE the boxing and step aerobics.. I figured out a way to use my ROWING machine and have it count for Free form Step Aerobics... I just have to place th controller in my pocket while I row, and it counts it as a step... I feel SO clever

:unsure:

one px left todya

I have a hard time following the step - I look at the other pple feet cuz watching the steps can confuse me cuz i tend to look ahead..

I'm wearing a size 2!!!

Congrats Karri - I was wearing my size 2 too today (remember Candice the ones I got when we were in Vegas at the Bass Store) I have only 2 - size 2's - I am a solid 4 and happy with that - but do feel super good when I have my 2's on :0)

Ok here's a first - I AM GOING HIKING IN THE MORNING !!!

This is my 1st hike ever - we have something called the bump and grind where alot of pple go to hike.. Well my gf from work and I were suppose to go shopping (she wanted my fashion advice) but she called to cancel cuz she's going to San Diego next weekend- and she invited me to go hiking with her - so i thought WHAT THE HELL - I'll try it - and then when my DD is here next week we could go on Saturday morning - she can run it while i walk it :0)... This will be interesting - I gotta be at gf house at 6:50 a.m - So If I'm not on the computer by 1 - be concerned (jk) but really this will be a NSV of sorts - I guess I gotta live thru it 1st :0)

Karri my GD Kaitlin is a DD too - she got a suit at Marshalls - its sorta cute - just a little old for her - that's the problem with having big boobs they don't make suits to fit some one who's small - normally DD cups in the plus size only - But don't worry I love to shop and suit will be on sale cuz I know summer is just starting but heck next month they will start bring out the winter stuff...

Ok I gotta my closet cleaned - now I need to mop my bathroom - trying to get some cleaning done before DD gets here..

Plus I want to get on my Wii and try out the rest of the games on the fit - and then try the EA...

Plus I am hungry...

Food today

Bf- SB protein bar 140 cal

Lunch: Chick & salad 350 (more avocado today)

Snack: protein bar 140 cal & pringles 70 cal

Got 500 left !!!

I think if I go with a Tank-ini I will be okay. I have some cute bottoms that I like, but I don't have a top to go with it.

I am glad that you like to shop because DH doesn't. I don't particularly like it but sometimes you just HAVE to do it. I have a pool at the new apt complex we are moving to and I will be swimming this summer.

I just REALLY want the surgery. But I am committed to running a half marathon on Dec. 13 with Losingjusme so I have to do it after then. By that time all of my other surgeries will be paid off.