Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

Linda; your little CORA is adorable... how could you not fall in love with THAT look of hers!

I am so sleepy today, I'd just like to crawl back in bed... I'd even settle for a nap on the chiropractic table... 30 mins until my next px... wakey, wakey... emmm some tea I think.

good morning ladies. I'm here to gripe!

My mom left the middle of April for a big 1 month trip around the country. She went to Colorado, Texas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington. I spent over $700 on her mothers day and birthday gifts. I've kept an eye on her house out here. I cleaned her house when I stayed there last time I was out there. I finished her laundry, cleaned her kitchen, made her beds....all stuff for a good daughter to do.

Well, Michael "graduates" from 8th grade on Tuesday. I know that it isn't a HUGE thing, but it is important. Mom got one neice a $400 camera and the other a $300 hope chest for their 8th grade grad. 4 years ago. She thought it was a big deal then.

So I called her today to see when she was coming out here so I could plan something for Tuesday night. Well...she's just too busy, has way too much to get done before she comes out, so she isn't planning on coming until WEDNESDAY! She can't manage to come out one day earlier for her grandson? WTF? She has her laundry done, her house is clean, she doesn't have any appointments until the middle of June, and she went on this month long trip with her friend from where she lives. My sister says she has nothing to be doing. She's been sitting at home doing nothing for the last 2 days. But she's just too busy.

I'm so aggravated at her. And yet, if I say anything to her she'll go out and get drunk and then go cry to my brother and sister about how inconsiderate I am. So...I'll vent here.

Thanks for listening. Sorry...I know it's a little thing. Just need to get a grip! I'll be back later.

To hell with it being a little thing, it is huge!!! Michael has worked hard to get this far and she can well get her ass in gear and get there. But easy for me to say to your mom, when I can't say it to my own. It hurts... but we still try to get our parents approval. However, we will never get it and we need to stop trying. They can only hurt us if we let them. If she gets drunk and complains to your siblings does it REALLY doesn't hurt us. Yeah right, like I have ever been able to stick up for myself with my mom. And yep, it still hurts and then we blame ourself and then we become codependent. I don't know the answer, however, here is my shoulder, cry on it, I'll wipe your tears and shed some with you. If she chooses to drink, there really isn't anything we can do about it. Hang in there, enjoy Michaels promotion and move on. And while you are moving on, could you drag me along with you.

Okay...a shower and a couple of string cheeses later, I feel a little better. My sister called and said Mom realized she wasn't all THAT busy and will be here. Okay...nice that she figured that out and I should have let it lay before getting so worked up.

Now Jeff has me mad because he won't help me with any of the plans for his promotion either. Grrrr. He kills me.

however since I'm THAT mad at him, as I was at Mom an hour ago, maybe I'm just a little touchy today. go figure.

All I know for sure is that I'm losing my mind andd I think I may have to slap someone by the end of the day.

Karla dear, thanks for the kind words. I need to learn to blow off. Okay. I'm going to go do something. Not sure what. Talk to you all later.

Okay...a shower and a couple of string cheeses later, I feel a little better. My sister called and said Mom realized she wasn't all THAT busy and will be here. Okay...nice that she figured that out and I should have let it lay before getting so worked up.

Now Jeff has me mad because he won't help me with any of the plans for his promotion either. Grrrr. He kills me.

however since I'm THAT mad at him, as I was at Mom an hour ago, maybe I'm just a little touchy today. go figure.

All I know for sure is that I'm losing my mind andd I think I may have to slap someone by the end of the day.

Karla dear, thanks for the kind words. I need to learn to blow off. Okay. I'm going to go do something. Not sure what. Talk to you all later.

:cursing: Oh Steph I have the perfect solution!! Get on your Wii and do the Rythem BOXING... and beat the hell out of that Black Bag... and then do the Yoga FLAME for 3 or 6 mins to really chill out.... that'll help you calm down for sure!

HUGS GF:cursing:

Hey Candice--that was really good advice! Turn the anger into something productive! I like it!!! Man I've missed you guys!

I may have to break down and buy a wii, you all make it all sound so much fun. I tell myself that no I won't spend the money, because it is better for my to take the puppies for a walk for exercise. But then I get so crazy I don't get anything done.

I have decided that a bomb set off in my house would be the best solution. The entire place is a disaster. I spent the last 3 hours dealing with the stacked up mail to find all the bills. I also pay bills,etc. for a couple of teachers that are teaching in China. AND I realized I hadn't sent their tax info in to their CPA, good thing they always get an extension because they are out of the country. But jeez, how could I forget.

Sitting here and eating some lunch, refried & cheese. Not bad.

Well, I best go farm or something, I'm not in the mood to clean house even though graduation is 1 1/2 weeks away and I will have people all over. I just pray is doesn't rain and we have to move inside. Just what I need, my ex's walking through my house seeing what a dump I live in. Sorry, pity party.

Steph go punch the daylights out of the wii bag, hit it a couple of times for me!!

I read "The Shack" yesterday. While I have some issues with the theology, it's very through provoking. Kind of related to my issues of worthlessness and gave me a reason to believe that I am worthy. Has anyone else read it?

Today is a great day! The forecast promices 80, it's sunny, and I have Cora. She's sleeping right now--she "let" me rock her to sleep (mom just puts her down and she falls asleep on her own). When she wakes up I'll give her a bottle and then take her to work for a while. This afternoon we're going for a walk and to the park if the weather holds up. I live for Wednesdays!

I'd post her pic, but I don't remember how. And, while I'm at it, I don't remember to set this site so this link comes up easier.

Phyl--Hope you're having great weather--can't wait to see some pics!

Nope Linda never heard of it - but will go ck it out now - the one self help book i read a long long time ago was "women who love too much" OMG that book was such an eye opener..

These was taken at Easter. She's 9 months old now. She's usually really smiley, but I don't have any recent ones on my computer. She has the CUTEST smiles! She waves bye-bye and throws kisses, and started crawling and pulling herself up last week. (Am I an obnixously proud grammy or what?)

Linda - how precious she is - Your Cora is beatiful !!! Love those eyes... And no you aren't an obnoxous Grandma, just like when our children were born they were the smartest - cutest etc - it's the same way with grandbabies - I remember when Andrew was 5 months old bringing him tot he office and showing everyone his little frog leap - he leaped just like a frog and you have to understand this was a kid who had a cast on his foot since birth due to his club foot..

Oh, Linda that baby girl is just the cutest!! I am looking forward the the grandbabies, but I have to share them with my ex & wife. LET IT GO!!

I'm sitting here with my 3 babies, well actually 2 belong to my 2 daughters and the Miss Molly is mine. All 3 of them are giving me the sad puppy dog eyes, literally. They all are on a fast until Molly goes to the vet for surgery. They ARE NOT happy. Jordan has pawed his food bowl all over the kitchen, Molly expressed her displeasure by having an accident on the floor.

Went in this morning to finish up my sub notes and to my surprise (not) they forgot to get the sub. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't groom up for writing sub notes. I had to start my class in my sweats, hair up in a clip (not very attractive) AND NO makeup. Fortunately it was my 8th grade math class and they think I'm alright (at least to my face). I guess that is what I get for playing hookie.

Breakfast so far... Protein smoothie. I am going to pick up the stuff for Steph's chicken salad, sounds extremely yummy.

Got an email from the new fill doc, and I will have to go in to officially become his patient. I am hoping to wait until after school's out. If I take another sick day they may just fire me. With the pneumonia I had this year and the OPI work in Helena I have missed more days this year than the last 3 combined.

By the way, thank you all for 'listening' to me rattle on about non-lapband topics. You all are my 'family' that I can rattle at and gripe to. I know I am substituting LBT for food, but it has lower calories.

Catch you all later, I need to clean the kitchen and find the counters. Then pay some bills, and....

Karla - NEVER apoligize for non-band stuff cuz there is no such thing on this thread - all these things that happend to us in our lives is what makes us who we are and why we it - it's all related - cuz imho our eating problems are really mental and not physical...

Linda; your little CORA is adorable... how could you not fall in love with THAT look of hers!

I am so sleepy today, I'd just like to crawl back in bed... I'd even settle for a nap on the chiropractic table... 30 mins until my next px... wakey, wakey... emmm some tea I think.

Candice - CAFFINEE~~~

good morning ladies. I'm here to gripe!

My mom left the middle of April for a big 1 month trip around the country. She went to Colorado, Texas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington. I spent over $700 on her mothers day and birthday gifts. I've kept an eye on her house out here. I cleaned her house when I stayed there last time I was out there. I finished her laundry, cleaned her kitchen, made her beds....all stuff for a good daughter to do.

Well, Michael "graduates" from 8th grade on Tuesday. I know that it isn't a HUGE thing, but it is important. Mom got one neice a $400 camera and the other a $300 hope chest for their 8th grade grad. 4 years ago. She thought it was a big deal then.

So I called her today to see when she was coming out here so I could plan something for Tuesday night. Well...she's just too busy, has way too much to get done before she comes out, so she isn't planning on coming until WEDNESDAY! She can't manage to come out one day earlier for her grandson? WTF? She has her laundry done, her house is clean, she doesn't have any appointments until the middle of June, and she went on this month long trip with her friend from where she lives. My sister says she has nothing to be doing. She's been sitting at home doing nothing for the last 2 days. But she's just too busy.

I'm so aggravated at her. And yet, if I say anything to her she'll go out and get drunk and then go cry to my brother and sister about how inconsiderate I am. So...I'll vent here.

Thanks for listening. Sorry...I know it's a little thing. Just need to get a grip! I'll be back later.

Steph - Hugs GF - Glad she's coming - and as far as your mom going off and drinking that's her problem not yours - you don't own that one she does - if you went and ate cuz she made you made is that her fault - Nope you own that one -

Kick Jeff in the butt and tell him he need to be there for his stepson...

I am exhausted and hungry. That is all that needs to be said

Becareful - cuz I think for all of us being tired is a big food trigger for us.

For the last couple of days - I have been thinking I needed a tweek - well lunch (could have been that I ate a little fast) I find out that I still have restriction - but then the 2nd half went down with no problem (pork zuchinee rice in Tomato sauce.

Oh ya - I remembered somthing from my post that went to the twilight zone

Do you like fish????

Hey Candice--that was really good advice! Turn the anger into something productive! I like it!!! Man I've missed you guys!

Linda - We missed you too... Love your new picture

remember gang increase your fonts so Phyl will have tons of pages to catch up on - :cursing::lol:

Umm...fish...well...we don't eat much. I like it if I don't have to cook it and if it doesn't get to dry like when DH makes it ...then I like it. I have never eaten catfish...so I don't know if I like it. Right now rice goes down alright. First time since I have been banded that I can eat rice. That should tell you how wide open I am.

Even though I had a fill they pretty much only filled my tube back up so that I wasn't under negative pressure.

I know I need to be careful today, but I am so damned determined to stay under 1100 calories this week that I am just getting witchy instead of eating. I am starving right now though. I have enough calories left to have 2 pieces of dry toast before my workout so I think that is what I am going to do.

Today is strength training... I really like that the training that I am doing for the half marathons includes weight training. The guy who wrote the book firmly believes in strength training and not running, running, running.

Okay...school is over for the day. The next couple of weeks should be easy as we wind down. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out this way.

Off to the gym to get warm. I work a skirt with no tights,a short sleeved shirt, and sandals and they turned the damn AC on here. I thought we needed to be SAVING money. BRRRRRRRRR

Umm...fish...well...we don't eat much. I like it if I don't have to cook it and if it doesn't get to dry like when DH makes it ...then I like it. I have never eaten catfish...so I don't know if I like it. Right now rice goes down alright. First time since I have been banded that I can eat rice. That should tell you how wide open I am.

Even though I had a fill they pretty much only filled my tube back up so that I wasn't under negative pressure.

I know I need to be careful today, but I am so damned determined to stay under 1100 calories this week that I am just getting witchy instead of eating. I am starving right now though. I have enough calories left to have 2 pieces of dry toast before my workout so I think that is what I am going to do.

Today is strength training... I really like that the training that I am doing for the half marathons includes weight training. The guy who wrote the book firmly believes in strength training and not running, running, running.

Okay...school is over for the day. The next couple of weeks should be easy as we wind down. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out this way.

Off to the gym to get warm. I work a skirt with no tights,a short sleeved shirt, and sandals and they turned the damn AC on here. I thought we needed to be SAVING money. BRRRRRRRRR

My fish isn't dry - it's good - I have been eating it for 22 months :cursing::lol::cursing::lol::cursing: - so you will get that one night :cursing:

I am starving right now myself... I am getting to the point that I think I may need a tweek - not cuz I'm hungry - just cuz - I am not getting the restriction - I am usually pretty full after my fish - then wait a bit to eat my veggies & rice but last night ate it all right a way - I was physically full but as usual not mentally - then woke up with feet/ankle crams - I got all my Water yesterday - so it wasn't that - I had a 8 oz of OJ then took a potasium (sp) pill - but I eat spinach and I thought that had potasium in it..

Yep strenght training is a must - the stronger your core and leg muscles the better you can run... Heck my balance sucked prior to my weight training - it has improve 100%..

My trainer says to eat complex carbs about 45 minutes prior to working out... so when I get home - I will have 1/2 of a pt bar or Fiber bar.. I have legs tonite - and I am still a little sore from Saturdays workout - Lungs - omw - the butt - if you guys want to work your butt - do lunges...

Food today - Pure Protein Bar for BF - One pot wonder for lunch - dinner - I think I'm making ck Soup - a lady here at work has been sick (she single like me and doesn't really have anyone to take care of her - well she does have 2 daughters and they are great -but you know what I mean) and she's a really good friend - truthfull and honest - I just love her.. she said she was coming in tomorrow - so I thought I might make her some ck soup for lunch - heck it's quick and easy... - so I will either have that or my left over fish for dinner...

Well we have Idol tonite - I poor Phyl - she's missing it !!!!

I may ck in quickly - but between gym - going to the store and making my soup and tv --- I might not make it back..

So if I don't have a good evening...

Ruby - where are you girl !!!! Come on you can't quit on us...

Just got home with Miss Molly, she was the last surgery of the day so they didn't get her off the table until about 3:00. Poor little thing is groggy as all get out. Can you believe that some people don't let the vet give their babies pain med!! The vet had me sign extra to give Molly pain meds, would you let your child have surgery without pain meds!! But then we know that I have filled my soon to be empty nest with Molly. I guess I just thing that if you take on a pet, it becomes part of the family. Love me, love my pets. But all went well and she should be up and about by tomorrow afternoon.

Well, I think I'll take a nap with molly. See you later.

Ruby where are you? Janet is right we haven't heard from you lately and we all know that we post to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Hi ladies. I'm back

Michael had his last middle school band/choir concert today. It was nice, he looked so nice, and then he had this deep booming voice when he sang. It was great!

Jeff came home for lunch and the first words out of his mouth were "Before anything else, I'm sorry." So...at least that was one step off.

Janet, you are right, if mom goes and drinks that's on her. I am proud of myself that I did NOT go eat. Well, I did have 2 cheese sticks but that was because I was really feeling hungry and not because I was mad. I own that! I did good, Mom!

Karri, I'm glad that you are doing strength too. It's going to really come in handy when you have to carry me during the 3day! BTW, how's the fundraising going my team mates??? Oh...and when you are strength training you aren't walking/running. Wish I was going tonight so I could get caught up to you.

We are missing a couple of people here lately. Denise has been busy and Ruby, but haven't heard from Car lately. Is she in France? Have you heard from her Candice? But it is so so so very nice to have Linda back. Your little GD is beautiful!

Going to go buy Michael a bike for graduation. Going to be MIA until late tonight if on at all. I'll talk to you all later. Thanks for the shoulders. You guys are the toughest when I can't be.

Enjoy your celebration, Michael and you deserve it!! He'll love the bike, it gives them some independence. naturally we will miss you.

Karri, you go girl, work those Buns.< /p>

Steph my fundraising sucks... I haven't even made $100, the reality is that I'm not any good at it, but also right now I feel to overwhelmed to think about it. So I'll loan you my awesome pack. Also if we are going to do a trip this year with the 'banders' I'll have to save mt personal days.