Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lucky # Sevens- July 07 Bandsters

I HAVE MADE MY RESERVATIONS FOR CANADA!!!

Arrive @ 5:36 P.M ON 7/23 (Thrus) and Leave Monday 7/27 @ 8:45 A.M.

If we decide to fly, I'll try to get as close as I can to that.

Oh Linda, that'd be so cool!!! I can't wait to see you again!!!.

I get the happy/sad thing! I still dream about my babies and wake up sad that they're gone. But at the same time it's exciting to see them take their place and move on with their lives. I've been thinking about going back into foster care when I retire--we'll see how I feel about that when the time comes!

Fostering would be awesome for you, as I know how much you LOVE being a Mom... do you still see that little girl that you were babysitting for(the underprivledged Mom)???

How have things been for Mandy? Is she happy? Doing well at her job.

Self-depreciation seems to be a common theme that I share. My brother is a millionaire and my sister is a doctor who has produced brilliant children, and that is all my mom ever talks about. Nothing that I ever did--or my kids do, for that matter--could ever measure up. So I learned to eat real well. My mom liked it that I ate her food, and the more I ate, the more she made.

Of course, it does me no good to blame her. I need to take control so now it's an obsession that never leaves. It takes total concentration 100% of the time to stick with the program. I did well yesterday, and so far today I've stuck to the program. Tomorrow I will have Cora all day, and that will help plus iit just might be nice enough out to take her for a walk. Like they say in OA (yup, I did that one too) "One day at a time." It sure is hard work!

I know we all seem to have that common thread.... non worthiness!! :redface: it is so hard to get past THAT.

I had a few tiny overages this weekend, so today I am being WAY careful... I just keep making myself another cup of tea.... filling myself with fluids...:crying:

Get this, on Sat went to see my Mom, she says" oh huney, don't loose anymore weight!" ...."you don't want to be too thin!".... dah..... I have lost and regained the same two lbs for months... WHAT is she talking about????? Oh well, at least she is always referring to my BROTHER as fat now and not me.... Thank God for small mercies ....LOL:w00t:

I HAVE MADE MY RESERVATIONS FOR CANADA!!!

Arrive @ 5:36 P.M ON 7/23 (Thrus) and Leave Monday 7/27 @ 8:45 A.M.

If we decide to fly, I'll try to get as close as I can to that.

I get the happy/sad thing! I still dream about my babies and wake up sad that they're gone. But at the same time it's exciting to see them take their place and move on with their lives. I've been thinking about going back into foster care when I retire--we'll see how I feel about that when the time comes!

Self-depreciation seems to be a common theme that I share. My brother is a millionaire and my sister is a doctor who has produced brilliant children, and that is all my mom ever talks about. Nothing that I ever did--or my kids do, for that matter--could ever measure up. So I learned to eat real well. My mom liked it that I ate her food, and the more I ate, the more she made.

Of course, it does me no good to blame her. I need to take control so now it's an obsession that never leaves. It takes total concentration 100% of the time to stick with the program. I did well yesterday, and so far today I've stuck to the program. Tomorrow I will have Cora all day, and that will help plus iit just might be nice enough out to take her for a walk. Like they say in OA (yup, I did that one too) "One day at a time." It sure is hard work!

Weather for "us" northerners is supposed to heat up over the next few days.... walking for sure!!!

Okay....let's see if I can remember long enough to get this out....

Candice, did you come up with that on your own or did you find it somewhere. I want to post it on my Facebook and want to give proper credit! It is so very very true it needs shared.

Where is Janet flying into? I'll keep it on file so I can try to talk Jeff into it. I'm going to work and work and work on him. Maybe we'll win big in Vegas! If I wasn't doing so much traveling for state math standards it wouldn't be an issue but when I'm gone a week a month as it is, he gets really frustrated.

We are all worthy. Just for being who we are. Just for being the beautiful women who take care of our families. Just for loving others like we do. We are worth everything that our parents didn't believe we were. We are worth so very much. Stand up proud and say it.

Linda, I admire anyone who is willing to foster. I would love to give that much of me but I'm afraid I would break when it was all said and done. My heart isn't strong enough. Kudos to you for being willing to put yourself out there for another person's children to love.

Okay...I think that was all for today, but I might be wrong. I'll be back tonight.

My food today was fantastic...will be at or below the 1100...however it may have caused my workout to be lackluster. I am just going to chalk it up to just being a bad workout because you can't make a decision on one piece of data...well unless you are the government or the school board!

I did my 4 miles, but it really sucked. I had to walk to much. I am trying to increase my speed so that is part of the issue. But at least I finished 4 miles...I really wanted to stop at 3...but the training schedule says 4 so I stopped at 4.

Well DH has dinner almost done so that is good. I am hungry for the first time today!

Steph, thanks for the recipe, it sound delish. And I know that it is hard for you to not be in the classroom this year. Even though Karri & I grumble we know 'who' we are. You probably feel like you lost your identity when you decided not to teach this year. We are teachers, for the good and the bad. But remember, right now you are teaching the most important people in the world, your kids. Don't they deserve the best? You will ALWAYS be a teacher, you just have selected a more important group to teach!

Now here is the really crazy thing, I was really hungry today, so I ate a piece of Jerky. Now lately I have been spitting it out after I chew, yeah I know bad habit. But today I decided to do a 'test' swallow. Nothing, no pain. So what gives? I can't eat soupy oatmeal, but I can eat a piece of jerky. I totally planned on making an appointment to get 'unfilled', but now I thinking I need to wait and see what happens in the next few days. You guys talk about things you can eat and things that ALWAYS get stuck. I understand about the chicken being dry, I am going to try some salmon tonight. But now it all just makes me shake my head. We won't talk about last nights dinner...I SO understand how we can get into trouble when food sticks. After little for lunch, PBed most of it back up, I tried all kinds of things for dinner, ended up with...okay you can yell now... cheese garlic toast. Again, if I can't eat a piece of chicken that it smaller than a 1/2 in cube, how can I take a bite of garlic toast and have it go down with no problems.

I am playing hookie tomorrow. As I said, Miss Molly has her 'fixed' operation tomorrow, and after all, she's family, right. So I have a 'doctor' appointment tomorrow.

Well best go get ready for NCIS, Gibbs could put his shoes under my bed ANY time. I just love salt/pepper hair.< /p>

Oh, Miss Molly just lost her first tooth. When am I going to get some grandchilren so I don't have to be so obsessed with my puppy.

Catch you all later, as Karri said, a stack of papers to grade.k

Okay....let's see if I can remember long enough to get this out....

Candice, did you come up with that on your own or did you find it somewhere. I want to post it on my Facebook and want to give proper credit! It is so very very true it needs shared.

Steph, I got it from SPARKPEOPLE.COM that is my web site of choice to log my food and exercise. I just love it. Really motivating.

Where is Janet flying into? I'll keep it on file so I can try to talk Jeff into it. I'm going to work and work and work on him. Maybe we'll win big in Vegas! If I wasn't doing so much traveling for state math standards it wouldn't be an issue but when I'm gone a week a month as it is, he gets really frustrated.

Janet is flying into TORONTO, Ont. Airport code is "YYZ" to search for flight info. She got her flight for $500 u.s. so that is great!!! I am sure it'd be cheaper for you Steph from Montana, what big airports are you nearest to?

We are all worthy. Just for being who we are. Just for being the beautiful women who take care of our families. Just for loving others like we do. We are worth everything that our parents didn't believe we were. We are worth so very much. Stand up proud and say it.

Linda, I admire anyone who is willing to foster. I would love to give that much of me but I'm afraid I would break when it was all said and done. My heart isn't strong enough. Kudos to you for being willing to put yourself out there for another person's children to love.

Okay...I think that was all for today, but I might be wrong. I'll be back tonight.

I'm homenow and finished my Wii 1:06 time today... Oh am I wobbely though, I did a lot of THIGH work tonight. Plus, to the step aerobics I added weights to my arms... just did bicep curls thru it all and then switched to hammer curls... little weights but every bit helps right?

I'll update with my food in a minute.

CALORIES;CARBS;FAT;PROTEINnt3_totals2.jpg1,095;157;24;56

That's it for me, going to go and watach some TV with DH and eat my Choc FFSS pudding....

Edited by peaches9
forgot stuff

Okay....I posted this morning and then had a computer malfunction again. I'm starting to think it's the operator!

Karla, I wish I had made it through 5 days. Only 2. You can google the 5day pouch test. It's a way to get back in touch with the band, break the snack habit, and remember what it is all about. First two days are liquids only...which meant Protein Drinks. I was great until last night. I think maybe because my last shake was nasty and I didn't want to drink it.

My chx salad goes like this:

1 - 2 cans of chicken

1 cup crushed pineapple

2 or 3 green onions chopped

1/2 cup slivered almonds

1/2 bag of craisins

1 stalk celery - chopped very finely

just enough mayo to wet (don't use too much or it turns icky)

1/2 tsp dijon mustard

a little celery salt or seed

Karla, the other thing I was thinking about last night before I went to sleep...white meat turns out to be a no go for a lot of banders. It gets too dry. Have you tried dark meat chicken? That tends to be a little more moist. I know that I have a real hard time with dry chicken breast. I bought an electric pressure cooker for that very reason. I will do a meal or two when you are here with it and you can see if it works better that way?

Went on Nick's field trip this morning. Saw puppies, fed the calfs, minature horse, petted goats,bunnies and sheep, picked eggs. It was cold, but cool. Took a bunch of pictures. I'll Facebook them sometime today. It was so much fun.

I just realized that I survived my first school year out of the classroom. I know, those of you who are in the schools right now don't think so, but it has been really hard for me. The next year should be easier!

Janet, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to think about Andrew leaving. No matter what the bright side is, it is hard. Hugs to you.

Okay...I'd better get. I know there is more to say. I'll talk to you later. Hugs.

Steph, could you make this with tuna in the can instead of chicken????

Hi everyone, I'm still alive, but so far behind. I have pages to read, and so much to do. Last week of school, I volunteered to let everyone use my house for our end of the yr party this Fri. Trying to clean, and decorate, and clean, and read, and not eat, and clean, and exercise, and pray for a new job next yr., and clean.

Took my Mom to the lawyer yesterday to put the house back in her name, then took her to a resturant, and went visit her sister. We had a lovely day. They are however still stealing her freaking clothes. This time they took a bra. I have to go read some pages.

Well, I had real food today, okay partially real food. Breakfast, protiein smoothie, SF Jello, 1/3 c yogurt w/ 2tablesoons of granola for lunch. 2 small pieces of Jerky for snack, 1/2 c fresh pineapple & 1/4 of a SMALL piece of pizza for dinner. I finally feel full, probably too full. I was so excited to actually eat food that had trouble stopping. I could have been good with 1 piece of jerky and skipped the pizza. Now that food is going down, I need to work on making sure my Protein level is higher. I am sure that tomorrow i will have trouble eating. That life, but hey this is the first time I have felt full since before March.

You all sleep well. Chat tomorrow,k

grrr...just lost my post. wanted to put it here though so I have a record. Remember today was day 3, soft Protein only.

in my smoothies today:

3 ff light yogurts

1/2 c blueberries

1/2 c strawberries

1/4 c total sf Creamer

1/2 c 1% milk

a bunch of Unjury that I can't total because I don't have a scoop.

lunch today was a little less than 1 c Wisconsin cheese Soup (bad choice but the best that I could find on the menu).

3 slices colby jack cheese

2 slices havarti

1 colby jack cheese stick

about 1 c of my chicken salad

liquid 24 oz coffee, 1L propel, 16 oz propel, 16 oz iced tea, 1 c 1% milk.

Since I can't total the unjury, I can't total my cals and such. I'm sure that the fat is much higher than I want, but the cals should be in range.

No wii today but did walk 5.5 miles.

Oh...and we put Michael on an IEP today. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it helps. Not much help this year since he only has 4 days left, but a fresh start next!

Okay....off to bed. I think there was something else in my last post, but I guess it wasn't that important. Goodnight ladies. Hugs!

well good morning my lovlies!!!

Off to work soon, done at 4:30 today so I'll Wii later.

Breaky was 1 c skim, 1 c special k satisfaction cereal...ummmm

cbl

I read "The Shack" yesterday. While I have some issues with the theology, it's very through provoking. Kind of related to my issues of worthlessness and gave me a reason to believe that I am worthy. Has anyone else read it?

Today is a great day! The forecast promices 80, it's sunny, and I have Cora. She's sleeping right now--she "let" me rock her to sleep (mom just puts her down and she falls asleep on her own). When she wakes up I'll give her a bottle and then take her to work for a while. This afternoon we're going for a walk and to the park if the weather holds up. I live for Wednesdays!

I'd post her pic, but I don't remember how. And, while I'm at it, I don't remember to set this site so this link comes up easier.

Phyl--Hope you're having great weather--can't wait to see some pics!

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:WTF :cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I posted last night !!!! I am pissed this morning - I stayed on the computer just so that I could post - while Idol was on - I got off at 8:30... Oh I am mad this morning !!!

Well, let it go Janet - what did I say ???

Well, I'm brave right now about Andrew moving - a little releived of not having the responsiblity of worrying 24/7 about him - not that I won't while he's gone - but now his Dad will have that pleasure - and you know what just as I get use to him being gone - he could come back...

I had a hard time with my workout yesterday too - after 2 miles I wanted to say enough - I was sweating like a pig and I only walk - but had it on incline of 6 the whole time going up to 10 a couple of time.

Karla - did you ask me if my trainer was cute - ya he is - x-body builder - but a really nice guy - I had a crush on him in the beginning - but now I know him and consider him a good friend..

Candice - good on the exercise and great that you couldn't eat the whole burritto - what were you thinking - France in 1 month..

I wonder what Phyl is doing - how much shopping has she gotten done with Earl around..

Ok - that's about it - oh ya what I ate yesterday

watermelon cheese cracker (3) ck & broc and tablespoon of rice fish rice spinach popcorn sherbet cone. All my Water - but woke up last night with ankle/feet crams - took some potassuium since I got my water in it wasn't that.. was up from like midnite to 2 :cursing:

Oh ya Mom issues - well my mom favored the boys more that us girls - but gotta say my dad was pretty even handed with all of us - he allowed me a little more leway (sp) but I was more responsible than my bros

But why did/do I over eat - Comfort/soothing my Mom was a bit mean at times - she had some mental issues - had me on diet at the age of 8 - I think that's what made me a closet eater...

Ok thats it in a nutshell - oh ya Karla - ground turkey cooked real fine spah sauce a little riccotta cheese - good protein...

Ok it's almost 8 my boss is back from vacation so I better get my butt in gear

cbl and hope this friggin post - post !!!

These was taken at Easter. She's 9 months old now. She's usually really smiley, but I don't have any recent ones on my computer. She has the CUTEST smiles! She waves bye-bye and throws kisses, and started crawling and pulling herself up last week. (Am I an obnixously proud grammy or what?)

post-221018-1381313839053_thumb.jpg

post-221018-13813138415886_thumb.jpg

Oh, Linda that baby girl is just the cutest!! I am looking forward the the grandbabies, but I have to share them with my ex & wife. LET IT GO!!

I'm sitting here with my 3 babies, well actually 2 belong to my 2 daughters and the Miss Molly is mine. All 3 of them are giving me the sad puppy dog eyes, literally. They all are on a fast until Molly goes to the vet for surgery. They ARE NOT happy. Jordan has pawed his food bowl all over the kitchen, Molly expressed her displeasure by having an accident on the floor.

Went in this morning to finish up my sub notes and to my surprise (not) they forgot to get the sub. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't groom up for writing sub notes. I had to start my class in my sweats, hair up in a clip (not very attractive) AND NO makeup. Fortunately it was my 8th grade math class and they think I'm alright (at least to my face). I guess that is what I get for playing hookie.

Breakfast so far... Protein smoothie. I am going to pick up the stuff for Steph's chicken salad, sounds extremely yummy.

Got an email from the new fill doc, and I will have to go in to officially become his patient. I am hoping to wait until after school's out. If I take another sick day they may just fire me. With the pneumonia I had this year and the OPI work in Helena I have missed more days this year than the last 3 combined.

By the way, thank you all for 'listening' to me rattle on about non-lapband topics. You all are my 'family' that I can rattle at and gripe to. I know I am substituting LBT for food, but it has lower calories.

Catch you all later, I need to clean the kitchen and find the counters. Then pay some bills, and....