Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any February Sleevers

I'm slated for Febuary 2015. I'm so excited! Don't have a date yet. I'm just starting month 2 of the pre op regimen. More details to come!!

YES! I am scheduled for February 18th! Doesn't it seem like a lifetime away? It's twelve weeks today for me.

I am scared and excited, but mostly terrified of my weigh-in appointments. They are all at night and last month I gained. I am afraid that I won't get insurance approval. It seems like my period coincide with the weighins. :(

How is everyone doing on the insurance required diet?

I even wrote letters to all of my kids in case I croak on the table. But really, I don't think that will happen. I am trying to go into this in the best shape that I can. It's hard, though.

YES! I am scheduled for February 18th! Doesn't it seem like a lifetime away? It's twelve weeks today for me.

I am scared and excited, but mostly terrified of my weigh-in appointments. They are all at night and last month I gained. I am afraid that I won't get insurance approval. It seems like my period coincide with the weighins. :(

How is everyone doing on the insurance required diet?

I even wrote letters to all of my kids in case I croak on the table. But really, I don't think that will happen. I am trying to go into this in the best shape that I can. It's hard, though.

Some days I feel as though its far away too! But I recognize that it's because I'm so excited! February is right around the corner, just depends on how you look at it :-). I've gained a few also, but I'm hopeful about this process. My eating habits are still a mess, but I'm thankful for having implemented a few of the recommendations of the NUT. I know the risks of surgery, but I have faith that things will turn out fine!

I believe I will be late Feb or early March. I go on the 10th for my 4th month visit-blood work, a bunch of tests, and meeting with my provider.

Today I go to my Nutritionist approval appointment. I hope I pass this one. I passed the psych evaluation on Monday. then I have two more weigh ins for my insurance mandated 5 month diet. One is next Tuesday and then there is one in January.

So far, I have lost about eleven pounds on the insurance diet and dropped one full size. I just had to buy a new swim suit because mine does not fit and had to buy a smaller size underwear.

Although 11 pounds is not a lot, my body is really firming up from all of the swimming that I do everyday. By the way, I have a youtube thing at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgvSAugTmyRTBm_ThLQurJg

and a blog at http://onwarddown.blogspot.com/

I wanted to post this on my Facebook, but I am stepping back from telling people in real life. I don't need to hear their secondhand horror stories.

Edited by cabowser

I believe I will be late Feb or early March. I go on the 10th for my 4th month visit-blood work, a bunch of tests, and meeting with my provider.

I'm thinking mine might be late February or early March. I just have two more visit with the Nutritionist (1/7/15) and one more appnt with my surgeon (usually combined with final Nutritionist appnt). Then the final appnt at least in early February. Then the scheduler at the clinic says that they will submit all my Documents to the insurance company. The approval could take up to 3 weeks. Putting the surgery date to late February, early March! I can't wait! !!

I hope to have mine done in February! I had my psych appointment Friday, this Thursday is my Nutritionist appointment, and then my last weigh in is December 29th for the 3 month diet. I am getting nervous! I just hope everything clears ok with insurance.

I'm glad my requirements are done. Ten weeks now.

Funny, I feel like I'm counting down to a pregnancy due date.

I'm glad my requirements are done. Ten weeks now.

Funny, I feel like I'm counting down to a pregnancy due date.

Well. You kinda are.....you are giving birth to your new life!????

I feel the same way! My insurance co required 6 months of nutrition classes so when I started in July it seemed so far away and now my final clearance appt is only a month away.

I think I will go insane if they make me wait until February for my surgery. I was done my 6 month insurance required weight management program right before Thanksgiving. They sent everything to my insurance company December 2nd, and told me the approval may take 2 full weeks. I was really hoping to have this surgery this year, but I see so many people scheduling for like a month and a half away, and I am so done waiting! I hope it's not much longer.