Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Watchers and Beauty Shop`

Was at my Beautician today.. Early AM haircut and three of the girls were discussing their Weight Watchers diet. They were talking about how many points were in celery and stuff and how they were starving. I was sitting there thinking "that was me at one tme" Before the band I constantly thought about food. How much I could eat, How much I ate and How much I shouldn't eat. It was on my mind 24/7. These girls were sharing ideas on how they could get enough to eat and stay within their points. I felt so liberated today. My hairdresser knows I had a lapband and she said to me, "Aren't you glad you don't have to do this ?". I told her I still had to watch what I ate as far as fats, sugar, etc. but with the band I was in control. She said I noticed you haven't gained any weight in a long time. I proudly told her I had maintained my loss for 18 months. Not that that is a record but compared to my former dieting life it is an accomplishment. I hope the girls are successful but I know I am pleased with my decision to get my band. There have been days that I wished I could eat more and I have days of regress to my old habits but I can quickly check myself and get back in line.

I was on WW too, God bless the program and the people, they were all great, but all I could lose was 12 lbs in 1 year. Thats it. I wasn't starving, but my body would not respond. So frustrating ! Im glad I had lap band to turn to, it literally gave me my life back ! Yes, I still think about food 24/7, but I think thats because I like to think about food ! The nice thing is I get filled up real quick, and then stop eating. It took me alot longer to get full on WW !

I'm also really happy that I dont have to think about food 24/7, I ruled my life as most of you know that happens, so instead of thinking about food the first thing when I wake up I know think about what beautiful clothes I'm gonna wear that day xx

You've done great! I noticed that you and I have a similar starting weight and goal weight. Just wondering....how much did you lose in your first 3 months?

You've done great! I noticed that you and I have a similar starting weight and goal weight. Just wondering....how much did you lose in your first 3 months?

the first 3 months I believe not counting my preop diet (which I lost 10 lbs) it averaged 1-2 lbs per week so I would say about 25 . it slows as you get slower of course. I have slower loss now but I am closer to my goal. It was the best decision I ever made. No regrets.

Out of food jail, yippee! And not on a diet. So happy to have this freedom -- very grateful for my band and the courage it took to do it.