Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone going through Kaiser permanente?

Yay! You will learn tons at orientation. I've not heard anything about Kaiser Fremont. Had friends that have gone through Kaiser Richmond and it was a fairly quick process.

Yay! You will learn tons at orientation. I've not heard anything about Kaiser Fremont. Had friends that have gone through Kaiser Richmond and it was a fairly quick process.

That's great. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to getting started!

Good luck 62race! Keep us posted! :)

Good luck 62race! Keep us posted! :)

Thank you! I will. I'm already working on logging food and mindful eating as if I already have a smaller stomach but scale isn't budging. Grrr..can't wait to get some more support and my tool to a happier life.

@@62race Have you had surgery yet? I had orientation at Fremont last week! Going for my first appt with a surgeon next Thursday 4/16. Please let me know if you have gone through it, I'd like to know about your experience! :)

Hello ilikecake2much! Yes, I've had my surgery on February 17! Seven weeks post op today and everything is well! I've lost 44lbs since my journey began in November. About 20 since surgery. Slow but steady. Who is your surgeon? I'd be happy to share all I know! Kaiser Fremont is a great program and I'm so glad I did it!

Hi I use the south Sacramento site. It's wonderful I went to The 4 hour introduction class on March 17 got a same day appointment with the surgeon. Then he told me I had 10 pounds to lose. They want you to attend 1 nutrition class and 1 support group class and I did them both in the next 3 weeks I had to be with in 5 pounds of my goal before I can book with the psychologist my apt.is this Friday feels like it's moving along fast..

@@62race I am meeting with Dr. Chu. She did the orientation, and I really liked her. What requirements did you have before they gave you a surgery date? I have already been going to a mindful eating group before I even started thinking about surgery. I want to move this along as fast as possible, I'm a really impatient person lol.

@@ilikecake2much I had to lose about 12 pounds, after 7 of those 12 I made appt with psych, you HAVE to be at your surgery weight on day of surgery or they claim they will cancel. I met with surgeon in mid November. I also met with Nutritionist that day too. I followed their recommended 1200 calorie diet to a T and it worked for me rather quickly. I met with psych before Christmas and then had to wait through the holidays for surgery date. They called me beginning of January and I got my date for Feb 17. I am not patient either. Waiting through two weeks of holidays was rough. I think they get their surgery schedule at the beginning of each month for the following month. I also asked to be on a wait list for cancellations. I was supposed to be at 218 for my surgery date and was 211. I was very determined to get this surgery as soon as possible. Kaiser Fremont was great. I always felt very welcomed and comfortable there. I had Dr. Hahn but have hears great things about each surgeon. I also got on my Vitamin regime before surgery. I also go to a wls group meeting monthly in Campbell. I even went less than a week after surgery. Everything going well. I'm happy to communicate anything with you! I have a pal I met on here that went through surgery about a month ahead of me and it was so nice to talk with someone at the same program. Since so many are different. I would have replied earlier but you response went to my spam folder. Good luck!

the So Cal Kaiser options class is now 12 weeks, 3 months. i finished it back in early October. hadnt made up my mind to have surgery....until this year. I spoke to my bariatric Dr and asked her to schedule me to see the surgeon. He scheduled me for a month out! and ive been on 1200 cal diet since then. down 12 lbs. i'm 9 days away and trying liquids every other day til then.

I'm so glad the OP posted this and you others shared your experience. I have my orientation at South Sac Kaiser on Tuesday, 6/2/15, and would love to get everything done by the end of summer :). I'm really looking forward to orientation and have already scheduled my nutrition class. Is there a Sacramento meet-up or support group you recommend?