Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First, they won't put raw almonds in our vending machineS...they won't put one little row of raw almonds in there...and there are 3 of us that have had WLS!

Now, today I was drinking over my quota, so I ran out of the water/iced tea I brought in. The Water here is disgusting! So I take my $1.25 to the vending machineS, upset with myself that I have to pay for water...but guess what...no water!!!! Soft drinks and OJ in both machines!

Ridiculous!

When I mentioned it to my manager, she looked at me like I had 3 heads! It's bad enough that they don't have a FREE Water system here, but now they have taken away my only beverage option!!!

I just have to VENT...can you tell I hate my job! :(

Does your manager control what actually goes in the machines or can you contact the vending company? My experience with vendor management is that they fill the machines with their best selling items, otherwise they would never make any money. You might suggest that they at least run a test - say one week - to see if it makes any difference. Vending machines have to have a tag on them somewhere to identify who operates them. Good luck.....this just may work. Otherwise, since Water and bagged nuts will keep for a while, stash some in your car.

Yeah, I always try to keep nuts at my desk...or ONE Quest bar (if I have more than one at my desk, i will it more than one that day!).

But the Water is inexcuseable...not to have Water available! The tap water STINKS .... I mean actually smells coming out of the tap... so there is no way. Plus my husband sells water purification systems, so I KNOW whats in the water around here; that's why I bring my own from home... but I went thru it all (I bring a BIG thermos filled with ice water every day)...

It's just one of the other little things that peck at me about this place... I guess I'm just in a really bad mood today...so I have to shake it off and move on... I know it's really no big deal in the perspective of life...but I NEED water...not carbonated crap! ;)

Thanks for listening

Time to get a new job?

If there are three of you why not bring your own Water and Snacks and share? If you buy in bulk you can save quite a bit.

When I worked on campus I made friends with the vending machine guy. They sometimes have control of what goes in the machine (sometimes they don't).

I'd take an extra bottle of Water and realize its the vending companies issue, not your managers.

The manager is the spokesperson to the vending people...but I realize I have to (and do) take responsibility for my own stuff...like I said I was just in a mood to vent, I guess...

It just seems ridiculous to me that clean Water is not available to us...even if we have to pay for it.

I do plan on getting a new job, but we are buying a house, so until that happens, I have to stay put (banks want you to be at your job at least two years)

Again, thanks for listening :)

I bring what I need from home, Propel Zero, Water, nuts. Even have Keurig at my desk! Cheaper than vending machines and I don't have to smell whatever nastiness someone cooked int the microwave in the break room! Just sayin'.

I'm sure the Water coming out of the tap is clean... studies show that bottled Water is not any cleaner than tap water.

pinkbunies...I hope you are being sarcastic. LOL. The Water at my work is YELLOW! Yes yellow! We have bottled Water service though!

For the vending machine....I would catch the guy that fills it the next time and make your requests...he can probably oblige....

it depends on the bottled water...aquafina is the purist...double oxmosis done on it...

But if it literally STINKS coming out of the faceut, forget it!

Like I said, I bring my lunch and Snacks AND water...but if I run out (which is rare), we should have something available...at least WATER!

Believe me, I HATE paying for anything out of the machines...but sometimes you have to do it.

We only get a 1/2 hour for lunch...and there is nothing close by, so I always am "packin"... lol

Aquafina is tap Water that has been filtered. McDonald's would list "spring" water on the menu board for the drive thru and give me Aquafina --- whatever happened to truth in advertising? It would definitely tick me off.