Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interested in a Gathering?

Where should we have our LBT-fest?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where should we have our LBT-fest?

• Las Vegas
    • Orlando, FL
    • Southern CA (L.A.? San Diego?)
    • Midwest (Chicago?, St. Louis?)
    • Texas (Dallas? Houston?)

I actually voted for the midwest because it would be easy for me, but I have to agree that the lodging and airfares would be the cheapest and most available.......... I am on a budget.

I voted Orlando area because I love it, the hotels are cheap, and planes are always going there. I am not the biggest fan of Vegas but I could do it or anywhere else just to get together and meet everyone. If I can do anything to help let me know.

sunny

Another thought would be to do our get together the same time the American Bariatric Surgeons do their annual confrence in June. It might be easier to get sponsers then. IF its somewhere warm I suggest it takes place in the winter. I'm form Minnesota- I need a winter break!

So are we talking about waiting until next June or doing something this winter?

I say Vegas in late January or February.

Juli

I haven been to Vegas 4 times and am planning another trip in July. I love to go there because there is so much to do--shows, gambling, shopping. It is easy to get a cheap vacation package to Vegas. I took my 15 year old granddaughter last year and she loved it. Go to Vegas--you will enjoy it!

I voted for Chicago because it is closest to my house but Vegas does sound like a plan. I have never been there before and this would be a really good reason to go.

Another thought would be to do our get together the same time the American Bariatric Surgeons do their annual confrence in June.

That's a great idea. I also know obesityhelp.com has several events throughout the year. Maybe we could piggyback on one of those.

Another idea would be to go on a cruise. There are cruises that range anywhere from 3-10 days (or more). It includes your lodging, food and entertainment. Plus, you can go to cool places. And so Australia doesn't feel left out we could cruise New Zeland and Australia (ok-I'm dreaming here).

Another idea would be to go on a cruise. There are cruises that range anywhere from 3-10 days (or more). It includes your lodging, food and entertainment. Plus, you can go to cool places. And so Australia doesn't feel left out we could cruise New Zeland and Australia (ok-I'm dreaming here).

A cruise would be fun, but so out of the range of price many people could pay.

It would take more planning too, no? But ULTIMATELY I think that's a great idea...maybe if there becomes an annual LBT gathering...

Anyway, all yous guys who say they are willing to help, we need to make this happen...

Who wants to play the role of team leader? I will, but if someone else wants the position they need NOT arm wrestle me for it. I'll be a good support person too!

Come on, let's get beyond the talking stage and move to planning!

...Anyway, all yous guys who say they are willing to help, we need to make this happen...

Who wants to play the role of team leader? I will, but if someone else wants the position they need NOT arm wrestle me for it. I'll be a good support person too!

Come on, let's get beyond the talking stage and move to planning!

Well, I am definitely up for planning, but I don't want to be the team leader. I always end up leading things, so I've been trying to step back from taking on any other leadership roles for now, but I will DEFINITELY help.

Who else is helping out?

Sunny and Chim,

When we get two more people to volunteer we'll get started.

Please email me at juligirl01@sbcglobal.net so I can get your email addresses. I'll play team leader! I do it all the time. I can assure you we'll get this organized and planned smoothly if we all contribute a bit of time.

You two other, up until now, nameless volunteers email as well!

Thanks,

Juli

Can somebody tell me what the status of this gathering is?....or is it dead in the Water?

I am very interested in helping out or leading....whatever the need be. I read the entire post and was disappointed to see it stopped on June 6th. Please let me know if it is still on and what we need to do to get is started and maybe plan for a trip in January or February to Las Vegas....sounds like it would be a fun fun fun time!!

I am very interested in helping out or leading....whatever the need be. I read the entire post and was disappointed to see it stopped on June 6th. Please let me know if it is still on and what we need to do to get is started and maybe plan for a trip in January or February to Las Vegas....sounds like it would be a fun fun fun time!!

Hi Lori Ann

I was waiting for one more person to offer to help coordinate this. Chimboree and I were both on board to make it happen.

I'm going to start a new thread Vegas or Bust FEB 08.

We'll see what shakes out of that!

I would love that! I chose Vegas because, well, it's Vegas Baby!! So much to do before and after the get together.